Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

unless you have a medical reason not to eat something you are a stupid, callous gently caress for being a picky eater and I hope you're hit by a god drat bus

Please explain how refusing to put ketchup on my sunny side up eggs makes me ďcallousĒ.

Also I donít ďgetĒ dipping sauce. You already have sauce. Itís on the pizza. People that need to dip their already unhealthy food into a cheaper sauce that is just going to overpower all the flavour are weird. Why do people do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

All of you gonna get hit by a fuckin bus and I don't even care. Don't come crying to me when your legs pop off and your skulls are crushed or whatever. Bus.

So there is literally no food that you wonít eat?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

none that I'm aware of. There's some I haven't tried yet :/

I obviously like some more than others, but there's nothing I won't try and just don't eat.

Great! Eat my rear end

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Hawaiian pizza is good but I think the pineapple is frequently cut too chunky. It should be cut thin so that it carmelizes all the way through.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Oh Don Piano posted:

there should be more salty/meat types of yogurt. why is it only sweet/fruit based

this is very common in the balkans/central asia. like tzatziki.

Also we have something called kajmak that you eat with grilled meat. It's kind of between butter and milk, so it's not really yogurt but it can have a similar texture without the sourness.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Jim Long-un posted:

the hawaiian pizza thing is so social media brainworms, it's something completely irrelevant that some people are driven to have extremely strong opinions about because there's almost nothing else inside. it's performative posting, but that's also their identity. they are their consumer preferences, and an empty thirst for likes. imagine being a guy that sees a hawaiian pizza post and wades into that bullshit like my dude get a loving hobby. go outside. go to the window, open it, stick your head out and yell I'M AS M

basically this

People had strong opinions about Hawaiian pizza before though, I remember it being in movies and tv shows in the pre internet days. I think itís just one of the polarizing things that tastes weird to some people, like cilantro. I remember there being a lot of debate about anchovies on pizza too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

naem posted:

my sisters husbands parents, her in laws, host a weekly sunday brunch and expect all 4 of their sons, their spouses, and the grandkids to attend EVERY WEEK.

This isnít christmas, this isnít a special event, this is just, Sunday. EVERY Sunday.

They also expect anyone at all related who is in town to also attend, and get FURIOUSLY upset if you donít. Like, red faced, trying to restrain themselves from assault level anger.

They also serve really bad food in tiny portions and have all these unwritten rules like:

-only one teaspoon of scrambled eggs per person. there are 15 people in this room and we cooked less than one egg per person so, literally a teaspoon.
-one teaspoon of refried beans out of the can that were microwaved two hours ago (everyone in this story is white fyi)
-you get two tortillas, youíre only allowed to put fillings in one
-salsa?? yeah itís on the table but donít, you know, have any, ok fine but not A WHOLE TEASPOON? Theyíll literally gasp in shock. Might was well take a poo poo on the table.
-two very thin lozenges of a non-breakfast sausage. TWO!!
-Four (4) individual corn chips
-you can not be as tall as Old Dad, or have wider shoulders
-NO EYE CONTACT
-Old Dad and Wife get to Talk, attempts by others to converse are interrupted
-why are your shoulders so wide, stop, being a person there in your chair politely you, guy as tall as me you, who I invited
-Old Dad is the biggest man in the world

ok everyone, have your ration of food? is there food left no one is eating? Is it more food than was taken to eat? Ok good. No one gets that. Thatís not eating food.

The HOST and HOSTESS now get coffee, there are two cups worth of coffee and we get it and donít offer anyone else, because you are children. In your thirties. Children donít get coffee. My mom? Their age? No coffee. Why would we offer anyone coffee. This is our house. We are the money people (they are not money people)

If you break any of these rules then ELDERLY DAD will literally growl at you with all the feeble rage that a 70 year old who still hasnít inherited the million or two heíd hoped for yet can muster.

Offers to, go potluck style in the future or bring a starbucks coffee thing for everyone or acknowledge this weird food situation at all, any attempts to feed growing children sufficient amounts result in physical threats of violence and loss of future salsa rights

All their adult children and their wives seem resigned to their fate after a decade but iíve refused to go after a few of these visits and literally said gently caress off to their face after being yelled at.

All four of the sons have weird food issues, one eats entire sheet cakes regularly and another only eats hamburgers but never finishes them and makes a show of being disinterested in the last third of each burger. One of them rearranges the furniture to the exact way it looked when he was a kid and glares at anyone getting in his way.

also my mom is about as well off as they are at this point Iím not sure where the self importance comes from

That escalated very quickly from "huh that's kind of sweet that they get the family together every week" to