Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Local people like McDonald's too...

I judge people who say they are vegetarians but then reveal they eat seafood. 4 people is too many to meet doing this in one lifetime! Own up to the fact you think baby cows are cute and don't know what the gently caress sustainable fishing means instead of trying to moralize over people who eat eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Every Blobfish talks like Brian Posehn

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

How do you refuse to drink water

Like I’m baffled

I went to college with a girl who at 19 was being told by her doctor that she needed to drink some actual water and not just diet coke 24/7 or her kidney stone issue would keep happening.

She did not change her ways.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The chinese part of my family is baffled I don't need soup at every meal to avoid dehyrdration. Where are you getting water from, they wonder, presumably baffled by why the own so many goddamn cups with deng xiaoping's face on them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey we cooked this delicious fish meal but oh-ho-ho-ho its chockfull of hundreds of tiny dagger bones, broken randomly as the meat cleaver smashed through them, so you must chew each bite with care and precision lest your mouth become like a hunted whale. Take them out before we cook them? Preposterous, the bones contain the ~flavor~

Everytime they order fish they ask "why do you eat so slow? Do you hate fish???"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. Quarex posted:

I suspect there is some very useful occupation you are well-suited for given your ability to feel pain where other people feel nothing.

Its not a me thing, every other non-Chinese part of my family or American guests that eats with them is like "why are their broken bones everywhere in these fish?" If you've not experienced it, please come visit rural china and feel the joy of the tiny fish and the infinite bonestorm

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mountain Dew originally had a moonshiner mascot (its name being a joke on that) so to hear its not loaded with caffeine in other markets is an interesting moment of finding out the radical hillbillyendectomy worked.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know a woman who claimed to be allergic to all foodstuffs and ingredients not found in Italy and was very surprised to learn tomatoes are not native to the country.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The_Continental posted:

Would you have described this person as "demonstrably italian"?

Ill put it this way, her tinder profile stated she was "looking for a real guido"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The_Continental posted:

The "I hate onions" people weird me out because so many dishes start with sauteeing onions. They are in everything.

I met someone allergic to onions and eggs and wept for them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American Cheese is an excellent melting cheese and a great "neutral" cheese to go with a burger.

I do think in general American cuisine is perceived as lower brow globally (except steak) because much of it is so pervasively available on a cheap budget that theres no gatekeeping with it. That said every country I've had Cajun/Creole food in outside of the states makes an absolute toddering mess off the whole thing.

Further related, the best french food is vietnamese.

The White Dragon posted:

im sorry i misspoke. it's called giga big mac, and it's only three big macs smashed together. you can't expect me to remember all these foreign food names

Thats a standard item, they just don't sell in America (iirc). Related, the US got the Mini Mac and Grand Big Mac about ~2 years after the rest of the world because McDonald's likes using Europe as its test kitchen.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

People who think rouganmian should be soupy (read the idiot in my family I no longer allow to pick up my order) instead of like its literal name, dry.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

American cuisine seems amazing to me because there's so little of it here. Mexican and BBQ an Cajun and all that good stuff. Have you ever seen what passes for BBQ in Australia?

I'd love to see, whats off about it.

Japan is chockfull of Hispanic food (mostly Mexican themed) and its all wrong. Its all just so wrong. Taco Bell is the best choice I have for that stuff and thats already like two standard deviations of wrong.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

People who dip their pizza's into ranch dressing, and their fouler cousin, the woman at a party who pre-ranched an entire pizza for everyone. No, no thats not helping.

Pizza being another American food shoved onto the rest of the planet, even the countries that hate cheese.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I've been to one place that ever did American bbq and it was a pub doing it as a one night a week thing. It was the best bbq I've ever had and it was probably what an American would consider garbage tier. It was so good.

I also really want to try some of the Baltimore crabs I saw on the Wire. I have no idea what's even special about them but the way they talked about them made them seem incredible.

You can probably fairly easily obtain the seasoning blend they use, Old Bay, and its around 50%+ the flavor of the crabs served. Its a solid seasoning mix in general, and goes surprisingly well with potatoes so don't worry about having too much left over after a crab-speriment.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

brah chronic tacos. sure, it's not socal family restaurant good, but it's at least chipotle tier if you need an emergency infusion of soul food

Laffo I just biked past one yesterday. Ill check it out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wizchine posted:

Worked with a guy who said he didn't like onions. When I asked him why, he admitted he'd never tried them but he "could just tell."

This feels racist against onions. Like he sees a neighbor enjoying a juicy onion covered burger and says "well there goes the neighborhood"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Best hangover cure in the world is Pocari Sweat.

It tastes like arse, but it does it's job.

It somehow improved in flavor when it comes back up.