Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
cooked fish is gross because it's stink. raw fish is ok.

bone-in fish is a crime against humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hey man if this was at a potluck or smth and there was enough for everyone, i'd try just one scoop. i'm pretty certain i wouldn't get a second, but it's something you do just once, in your entire life.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Big Beef City posted:

You ever notice that no one else who eats fish is constantly choking or bleeding from the mouth?

You ever pause to wonder why that is?

people who don't care about bones in fish don't chew they just put it on some hot rice and swallow it whole. if it scratches in your throat just eat more hot rice

i learned this from my mom when i was four

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

EorayMel posted:

Also gently caress any colesaw with more than 2g of sugar added to it, that is like the last loving thing that needs a whole bag of sugar dumped in wtf

i've seen a pickle brine recipe that calls for 2tbsp of salt and a half cup of sugar

i pared this down to like 0.6tbsp salt and 2tsp sugar

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Strumpie posted:

it was something fun to do in between the sex (which was a chore, i could hardly breath down there).

so you're saying, you're picky about eating pussy, or possibly rear end. ungrateful

Wendigee posted:

the best food ever to puke up after a night of drinking waaaay to much is ice cream.... like a basic flavor no nuts or chocolate chunks or anything.

truth

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ziv Zulander posted:

Lately I’ve been on a canned meat kick. Spam, corned beef, hash, liver pate, chicken. I’ll eat anchovies and sardines straight from the tin with just crackers and a little cheese. It’s all good

it's all fun & games until somebody gets gout

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
mint chocolate is strictly ok but i'd rather just have them separately at the same time

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Skratte posted:

Question for the thread, since I wanna keep expanding my veggies options: what the hell do eggplants taste like? I've been avoiding them for years because I hate summer squashes so much, and I was worried that they'd taste similar. If they do not I should pick one up and give it a go

how do you not know what an eggplant tastes like just go to the drat panda express

anyway it isn't really that strong of a flavor, with a soft texture when it's cooked or crispy when it's pickled. it's like the rice of squashes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the greatest exotic food in this world is the japanese mcdonalds mega mac, which is four big macs smashed together

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I looked it up because something about it seemed weird and a lie. It was!

im sorry i misspoke. it's called giga big mac, and it's only three big macs smashed together. you can't expect me to remember all these foreign food names

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Barudak posted:

Japan is chockfull of Hispanic food (mostly Mexican themed) and its all wrong. Its all just so wrong. Taco Bell is the best choice I have for that stuff and thats already like two standard deviations of wrong.

brah chronic tacos. sure, it's not socal family restaurant good, but it's at least chipotle tier if you need an emergency infusion of soul food

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i dont, because i think american style bacon strips is fuckin disgusting

canadian and euro style is ok

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
sweetness is an extremely important part of the flavour of pickles. it should be an undertone that can barely be tasted at all (unless you're making pickled sweet peppers, but then the sweet flavor has nothing to do with added sugars)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Xelkelvos posted:

Sounds like someone so doesn't appreciate a good kimchi

i appreciate a good kim chee but there are so many worthless kim chees in the world. if the brine looks like water, and it's sweeter than it is salty, spicy, or sour, it shouldn't be allowed to be sold

B33rChiller posted:

I'm a white guy who grew up in the northern Canadian prairies. I was raised on what might be considered a stereotypical "midwest" diet. Plain everything. Meat & potatoes. If my father felt like something a bit "spicy", he might put some green bell pepper on it.

i was raised on a typical "i learned to cook in the 60s and 70s in america" diet, which is as bland as typical midwestern fare. i knew food could be good, and longed for it. when i left for college i just cooked for myself all the time or got interesting foods from local joints and it was great. i'm happy to try anything that doesn't outright disgust me, like insects.

to this day my family continues to eat iceberg lettuce by the fistful, and complains that cherry tomatoes are too flavorful. we aren't even white

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 21, 2020