Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Wendigee posted:

puking up icecream isn't even that bad.. some how the milk removes the acid from your guts and you just kind of taste ice cream as you vomit fluids into your tub. There is no burn of bile taste. Make sure and drink plenty of water afterwards.

[E:] Maybe anyone whose about to puke should force down a bowl of icecream first and report back? Anyone got the flu or the 'roni?

this is a genuinely good suggestion with regular milk and/or bananas, icecream may do the same thing but I would call a weird flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Where does this weird aggression towards other people's diets come from? Look how you worded that. It's so unnecessarily angry and superior.

because whenever there's a mixed gathering for food you have to cater to the one with the most baby palate in the group and they singlehandedly drag everyone else down with them. Couple this with many of us having the exact same excuses as these people who just refuse to change, and it just gets frustrating that these people exist. I was raised in a single parent household so lived almost entirely out of boxed food until I started living on my own and hated basically everything green, but because I hated being that guy who kept saying "can the pizza just be meat and cheese" or "can we go to a different restaurant" I put in the effort to change, most people with the exceptions of allergies or I guess getting beaten with comically large cucumbers should be able to do this too, they just don't.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Funky See Funky Do doesn't get that these people are the reason group catering stuff is invariably bland. Have a work meeting and the boss shows up with subway, or pizza has to be ordered from a mediocre chain instead of the local place that has olives other than "black" on the menu. That you end up at a applebees during a conference week because Sarah thinks that place would be too spicy.

It's night and day being with and around people that actually eat most foods vs adult children. MrsC is from a different culture and country and both her and her family have mentioned to me on several occasions they're glad I'm so adventurous with food and it probably would have been a dealbreaker if I wasn't.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

She probably says that about BBQ everywhere outside of Texas because Texans are so hosed in the head that they think that BBQ is made from beef.

I was also gonna say people tend to suffer from this problem where they get obsessed with regional food and because a big part of enjoying something is placebo and perception it becomes literally impossible for them to acknowledge something else is just as good or even god forbid better than whatever it is they’ve put on a pedestal. You could probably prank this Texas lady by spending an inordinate amount of money and flying a pro pit master out from Texas but letting her thing the food was a local inauthentic recipe and she’d hate it.