Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

I have a a co-worker that only has salt and some baking spices in her apartment. I know this because I watched her large pitbull twice. The first time her dog was fine with me and I was there long enough to cook food and find my options terrifyingly slim. The second time he lunged at my face when I tried to feed him and then chased me across her living room and I ran out of there screaming in terror and refused to go back. He's a large dog who has even larger teeth. Those teeth look very impressive at face height, let me loving tell you about it.

I'm not saying the reason that her dog is loving unbalanced and aggressive as poo poo is related to her not eating her food with actual seasonings or condiments, but I'm also not saying it isn't. She's also a sort of aggressive and nitpicky person who eats her food plain to the point where she eats mashed potatoes with just goddamn salt, not even butter.

There's clearly something wrong with her and her dog.

I have a lot of other co-workers who are afraid of heat to the point they avoid even black pepper and my step-sister hates most seasoning but also Alfredo for some unknown reason but also loves olives and I live in constant confusion because how, how the gently caress does that make sense, but none of them own dogs that tried to eat my loving face, so I look down on them less, just a little.

Try a goddamn condiment. Train your loving dog to exist out of your bubble. Neither of those things will kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

A co-worker offered me those yogurt Skittles the other day and even just biting into one made me reflexively bolt to spit it out into the trash. I'm not really down with yogurt-covered dry foods in general--cereal, trail mix, etc.

Yogurt itself is delicious and I go out of my way to get the full fat, Greek kind but something about covering another food in yogurt and dehydrating it until it's a weird, sweet, creamy shell is absolutely abhorrent to my body. Indian food? Fantastic. Just eating some yogurt or yogurt in oatmeal? Great. Weird, dried yogurt on another food? gently caress YOU.

I also violently hate chocolate covered raisins. It's the sweet shell on sweet with that dry/creamy texture that grosses me the hell out.

Drimble Wedge posted:

Mountain Dew in Canada does not have caffeine afaik.

I lived in St. John's, NF for a few years and this was one of the most puzzling things to me because why the hell would you have Mountain Dew without the caffeine? For the flavor? Lol, ok. There also was no loving cherry Coke or cherry Pepsi on the entire island, which I still don't understand.

Also I have no idea why the pizza there had the pepperoni as huge, thin sheets under the cheese so that if you bit into a slice everything slid off and it was loving awful. Pizza Hut was the best pizza I had while living there and that is shameful.

On the other hand, I would shank my mother for some good fish and chips with dressing and gravy. Dressing and gravy is such an amazing addition to virtually any meal that I have no idea why we as Americans haven't adopted it already.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

The most unbearable hot wings I ever had were probably normally spicy but the sauce was so full of vinegar the smell stung your nose and they were exquisitely painful to eat. I cried the entire time, but the high was addicting I guess because I ate all of them.

This was at The Celtic Hearth in St. John's, NF. The moose burgers there are incredible. Easily the best tasting burger I think I've ever had.

I'd marry a man that would shoot me a moose or two just so I could eat them year round.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

henkman posted:

Bread and butter pickles are good

Bread and butter pickles are dogshit. Pickles should be sour and astringent and sometimes spicy. Their purpose is to cut through the fattiness of BBQ meats, cheeses or sweet sauces. That's what they are there for, to add that tangy, sharp note to whatever you're eating so that it isn't all fats.

What the gently caress do you put a sweet pickle on? Why would you even bother?

I hope you choke on sweet pickles, you freak.