Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m lactose intolerant and I think I hate cheese people more than bacon people. Let me loving live my life, let me enjoy my weird vegan freak food, more for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mooey Cow posted:

Cheese contains very little lactose.

I also just flat out don’t like most cheese, minus feta, and even then sometimes it’s mixed with cows milk. I avoid most dairy anyhow out of habit, it gives me hell acne and the risk of fireshits.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The_Continental posted:

Got a MIL who refuses to drink water. She has health problems and is also quite irritable.

She also buys into dietary superfood fads like mangosteen. Like, just drink some loving water. Your body needs it.

How do you refuse to drink water

Like I’m baffled

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I puked ice cream as a kid and i remember it being unusually painless and like “don’t mind me :puke:”.

Have we made a puke thread yet? I’m into this “our bodies our
selves” vibe in gibbis lately

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

the worst thing to puke up is probably linguine with white clam sauce

i had a hangover once and had 2 cups of black coffee and puked it up. that was bad too. It came up still hot.

Puking up wakame once wasn’t good. Doing it twice because your dumbass thought “well I puked up now so I’m feeling better, power hour is back on!!!” is not advisable to say the least.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Skratte posted:

Brussel sprouts are good! Roast 'em up or brown them in a pan. You think you hate a veggie? Caramelize it and try again. If you still hate it you hate it and that's the end of that.

My goal is to do that with my boyfriend and his hatred of brussel sprouts. Bacon helps though he ends up picking out the bacon. Otherwise he’s a fairly adventurous eater which I adore and doesn’t buy into that weird carnivore = masculinity thing which, god, a gem.

Greatest food thing I did this year is learn how to make ratatouille and oh wow eggplant owns bones with some za’atar. Everything owns bones with za’atar.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I am doing lines of za’atar as we speak. Going into the z hole.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve done pesto with kale, arugula, spinach and they all own. Ditto with putting sunflower seeds and some nutritional yeast, the beast yeast.

Is this the thread where I kvetch about zoodles always being watery as hell. I like them, but not when they’re dripping.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Wait, I think that might actually be a thing

twice a month Mandy?

a nice boiled bacon sambo.

ones gotta go

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Saalkin posted:

I loving hate pickles. gently caress pickles and gently caress you.

I feel so shameful that I love drat near anything pickled except pickles themselves. Somehow it sets off a weird “THIS FOOD IS POIIIISOOOOOONNNN” alarm

Like I’ve gotten over mushrooms but pickles? Nuh uh

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I thought witches were meant to like pickles

I’m of the sauerkraut coven.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Pickles are very good, but gently caress sweet pickles

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The_Continental posted:

Jalapeno pickled eggs are surprisingly delicious after 6 or 7 beers. Just make sure youre not sharing a tent.

I’m interested and terrified.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m a slut for kombucha and it’s the only thing that revived me from a hangover outside of violently throwing up

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The_Continental posted:

Do they sell Berocca in the US? Its like an aussie alka seltzer but also a giant multi vitamin and also orange. Its great for hangovers and making your pee glow.

I’ve never seen it in the US but I can get it in Sweden no problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

von Braun posted:

is vätskeersättning tablets not a thing in the us or what

I’d say yes but most people would go to water or Gatorade for a hangover. I’ve never used them in the US