Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brotato
May 14, 2013
I'm jealous of people who can taste cilantro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brotato
May 14, 2013

Internetjack posted:

Ok, here is a question.
How do you cook up a pound of bacon if you have family and friends over for the week?

I just slice that package in half and throw it all in, crank up the heat, and turn it over with a spatula or tongs until done. A big slurry of bacon grease and meat until cooked, but not overcooked, and then drained on some paper towels to get the excess grease off.

My brother does a meticulous "one piece at a time" making sure each individual piece is attended to with proper dedication. I don't give a f either way, but his way takes twice as long to get the job done.

Tell me goons, how do you cook your bacon? I bet we have some strong opinions!

I line the bacon up on a grate over a cookie sheet and cook it in the oven. You can fit a lot of bacon simultaneously in the oven and the fat drips off, making it more crispy. Also it stays really flat which is good if you want to put it on a sandwich or something.

Also thanks to the poster who mentioned the many kinds of cilantro. Maybe I'll get some different seeds to grow and try to figure out which kind tastes the least like Dawn.

brotato
May 14, 2013

christmas boots posted:

I would boil it, personally

Simmering bacon in a little bit of water allegedly gets good results so???