Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

unless you have a medical reason not to eat something you are a stupid, callous gently caress for being a picky eater and I hope you're hit by a god drat bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

You know what I like?

I like the core part of a cabbage. The upper part of it is soft and tastes like kohlrabi it's delicious and most people throw that poo poo out. Not me though.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Starks posted:

Please explain how refusing to put ketchup on my sunny side up eggs makes me “callous”.

Also I don’t “get” dipping sauce. You already have sauce. It’s on the pizza. People that need to dip their already unhealthy food into a cheaper sauce that is just going to overpower all the flavour are weird. Why do people do this?

GolfHole posted:

as apex predators it is our right to be able to eat whatever we desire, and we can select high calorie or high satisfaction foods at will
unlike scavengers or bottom-feeders who do not have that option

how dare you defy nature

Saint Drogo posted:

unironically, picky eaters are just more evolved. probably in all other areas of life too.

Who What Now posted:

Is "the food tastes like poo poo from a toilet" a medical reason?

All of you gonna get hit by a fuckin bus and I don't even care. Don't come crying to me when your legs pop off and your skulls are crushed or whatever. Bus.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Starks posted:

So there is literally no food that you won’t eat?

none that I'm aware of. There's some I haven't tried yet :/

I obviously like some more than others, but there's nothing I won't try and just don't eat.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Starks posted:

Great! Eat my rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

It'd be great if the guy who got so excited to meet goofy that he puked all over himself had that happen, like, a couple weekends ago. He was totally cool with fruit his whole life but just got totally AMPED about seeing Goofy and tossed his fruit cup all over his way too small "I <3 Mickey" shirt

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Freezes McCheeses is the picky eater mascot that all the kids crave. He talks like a drunk clown and asks kids to make sure they try all their food to get all their vitamins.
Instead of making balloon animals he has pockets full of those crab and cheese stuffed mushrooms they always have on Chinese buffets for some reason, and they're room temperature.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

son of a BITCH

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Valko posted:

A lot of pizza talk ITT and this just turned up in my youtube recommendations:

Watermelon Pizza

They take like a whole goddamn minute to cut the watermelon in half.
They have a big rear end chef knife.

JUST CUT IT IN HALF ALREADY! CUT. THE. MELON.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

christmas boots posted:

But I don't wanna eat the maggot cheese!

Bus.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

How many pizzas will it dissolve

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

I'll be honest, I had no idea "I don't drink water" was 'a thing' until reading this thread.

Sure random people here or there, way too many people with diabetes from drinking too MUCH soda, juice, beer, whatever, absolutely an issue. Yep.
Flat out a good chunk of the populace saying "nope" to drinking water, period? gently caress me, that's nuts. Like...what the gently caress, drat

e: also those orbitz things were pretty nasty. overly sweet and chunky. I think the first one I had, I had warm from sitting in a car too long though, if I remember right so it was like, hot chunky tapioca syrup water. Yum-O.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Wait hold up

ya'll hear somethin

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Big Beef City posted:

Wait hold up

ya'll hear somethin

Butternubs posted:

Has anyone said shrimp are just sea bugs that eat poop? I wont eat bottom feeding poop bugs and you can't convince me it's normal!

There it is.

It's a fuckin bus.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I only have empathy for fish and reptiles and invertebrates

Do you have a diagnosis or is this some self-proclaimed 'personality' thing you're doing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Ice cream "Pretentious milk".

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Barudak posted:

Hey we cooked this delicious fish meal but oh-ho-ho-ho its chockfull of hundreds of tiny dagger bones, broken randomly as the meat cleaver smashed through them, so you must chew each bite with care and precision lest your mouth become like a hunted whale. Take them out before we cook them? Preposterous, the bones contain the ~flavor~

Everytime they order fish they ask "why do you eat so slow? Do you hate fish???"

You ever notice that no one else who eats fish is constantly choking or bleeding from the mouth?

You ever pause to wonder why that is?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

It's the exact same

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Also you're statistically as likely to be a "non-taster" as you are a "super-taster". these things are physically testable. Supertaster is a word that gets thrown around by picky eaters in the same way that picky eaters throw around things like food allergens and gluten sensitivity. It's a cool thing to say to explain why you're just being picky.

Which isn't to say for sure you, specifically, are or aren't or that food allergies and gluten sensitivity don't exist. They do. It's just that way, WAY too many people just love to feel real special about why they're picky.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Who What Now posted:

I think it was a six tablespoons of vinegar, two tablespoons of pure honey, two tablespoons of olive oil, and one clove of minced garlic, and a little bit of minced parsley and chives.

Congratulations.

You just made German potato salad.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Every time you post I think "there can't possibly be more".

But then there it is.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

We JUST had like a 30 page hot sauce thread full of great sauces that specifically were NOT "DEVILS FELCHING DELIGHT rear end RAZOR ABORTION TONIC" style names, with great flavors, too. Hell I got my not so spice-loving wife addicted to a Guatemalan green hot sauce that tastes like cilantro, roast green peppers and good olive oil. We've gone through 2 bottles of it already. Obviously that is pointless hot sauce braggadocio though. Clearly.

People are just willfully ignorant when it comes to poo poo and THAT, I think is what gets me going about picky eaters.

"I don't like fish, did you know that every fish tastes like rotting carp baked in a trash can on the side of a highway? Well it does now. All of it."
"Hot sauce? Actually anything over a certain threshold IS pointless and tastes like nothing, I've tried them all."
"Cheese is bad. All of it. It all tastes the same and sucks."
That kind of poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

hakimashou posted:

what one is that that sounds good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

In the end it was you who had been caring, all this time.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Did you know if you drunkenly eat a whole poo poo load of Frosted Miniwheats those really expand in your stomach so if you hork those up it's like a confusing "Oh my god, please god why won't this stop" puke-topia where it's like a stream of oatmeal that just won't stop.

That's pretty awesome.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I like Ande's mints but I don't really like mint chocolate chip icecream

Same.
Like thin mints? Perfect.
Some other chocolate mint things? Eh.

But mint chocolate chip ice cream? That is low tier ice cream for sure.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

It's a 'sign' they should buy 'virtually' any other kind of ice cream, agreed Wendy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Hey pal,
I still eat it if it's around.

In fact, earlier this summer my wife, who likes the stuff, got green mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches and they were real good.
I had to eat several of them to make sure I wasn't mistaken, obviously.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Skratte posted:

Question for the thread, since I wanna keep expanding my veggies options: what the hell do eggplants taste like? I've been avoiding them for years because I hate summer squashes so much, and I was worried that they'd taste similar. If they do not I should pick one up and give it a go

Well,

Eggplant tastes pretty similar to zucchini, as a general rule.
However, let's say you sautee both of them plain, in just a few drops of oil. Zucchini will take on a 'greener' flavor, like a fresh green bean. Eggplant takes on a slightly more earthy, buttery note. That's why you see it used as a substitute for meat in eggplant parm, and turned into a hearty dip/spread in babaganoush. It has a vegetal, but almost brown buttery flavor to it depending on how it's prepared that Zucchini never really takes on.

e: I'm also kinda weirding out over the person who said the 'smell of cream corn' got to them. I'd love to know what happened there, because, cream corn is literally corn cut off the cob mixed with cream and butter, salt and pepper. It shouldn't 'smell' like anything, really. I mean, if you eat corn on the cob and put butter on it you're like 2 steps away from cream corn.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 17, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Waterbed Wendy posted:

i ate creamed jeans one time and now im pregnant with a canadian i mean a maple nord.

I'm not gonna question your sex life, but I DO want to tell you that I read that as "maple nword", did a good double-take.

e: did you know that your baby will be a Canadian forever? Citizenship is passed down, even if born abroad.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 17, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

naem posted:

no he just makes weird, agitated body motions as he realizes you are “sitting there politely, being as tall as him” that increase until he starts making angry little belittling comments at you, despite the fact you are only visiting someone else’s family dinner out of obligation

imagine Sheldon on the big bag theory is pushing 70 and never interacts with anyone he doesn’t control (with the threat of being cut out of the inheritance) and is mad you’re sitting in his chair, even though he told you to sit in that chair

Did he or another family member take you aside later and apologize but also work in that "maybe you could just...tone it down a little"?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Never mind me just moving to Thailand to take up raw veganism nbd

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

gizmojumpjet posted:

I wonder if people who get on the "don't be a picky eater" high-horse realize that parents can seriously damage their children by making them eat poorly prepared foods that they aren't interested in eating, and also by forcing portion sizes upon their poor babies that are inappropriate?

I still occasionally throw my elderly, broken down, practically dead parents shade for having forced me to eat adult-sized portions of crudely boiled cruciferous vegetables until I got big enough to say "come and make me."

I can honestly say there's nothing one could ever do that would get me interested in broccoli or cauliflower. I can only stand cabbage if it's in a stir-fry or maybe kimchi. Green beans can eat a dick. I like raw carrots but if you cook them you can lick my balls.

Don't force your kids to eat stuff.

Great.

Now you know it tastes better then, so eat it and STFU about your broccoli PTSD

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

gizmojumpjet posted:

Traumatic stress?

lol Jesus

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

gizmojumpjet posted:

Aversions to food you got beaten for not eating is unreasonable.

Gotcha.

No.
It is reasonable.

You're reasonably adverse to food for being beaten senselessly for it.

This is the UNreasonable about food thread. It says right at the top

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

gizmojumpjet posted:

It's almost like you didn't read my original post, which was a response to the whole "picky eater" bullshit content of this thread.

Hey guys maybe people are picky eaters for a reason?!?

Maybe they are but they're probably just picky assholes and I'm not going to ask everyone if they were personal witness to the surprise sex of Nanjing because they don't like raw onion.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't think you should be harbouring this kind of hate in your heart over something as trivial as what another person chooses to ingest. It doesn't seem very healthy to me. Different people like or don't like different things. That's ok.

They explained perfectly well what the reasoning was, and it wasn't 'hate'. So, either you're trolling them, or you're a victim of this awful hatred yourself I'd wager.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

A victim

of taste as it were

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

I wonder how many people actually have the 'cilantro tastes like soap' gene, or how many people taste it as is, and just aren't expecting "strong, very vibrant herb flavor" and just say "nope, that's me, that's soap I'm one of 'em".

I mean, on its own, it IS a strong tasting herb, like grabbing a hunk of parsley and basil together and eating it plain mixed together, strong. Still, douse my mexican and asian dishes with it, please. And, for those afflicted, if it's way stronger than that, like actually eating a whole bar of irish spring or something, that truly would blow. Instead, just eat the flat leaf parsley and wrap it in a fresh basil leaf like I mentioned, and pretend, I'd rather do that I think, then have mexican style tacos without that kind of flavor profile imo.

e: I've had and previously heard of cilantro pesto, but it's by no means the norm. That's weird that someone would be in an area where they'd not heard of basil-based pesto. Kinda wondering where that is that it became standard, it's interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also Bunnings, family gatherings, and voting booths.

you serve that to your fuckin family? what in the gently caress