Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

My brother in law gets ANGRY if there is mayo on his food. He would rather have actual poop touch his food than mayo. It grosses him out more than anything in the world. No idea why

Well op that's because mayo is even grosser than poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

christmas boots posted:

But I don't wanna eat the maggot cheese!

Eat it you loving baby!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

super sweet best pal posted:

Pineapple's not for pizza, it's for cakes. Also, the pineapple that comes on pizza tends to be the most rubbery, stale garbage pineapple.

Did you know you can dissolve a body in a bathtub with 100 cans of pineapple?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Big Beef City posted:

How many pizzas will it dissolve

I have no idea. Why would anyone try to dissolve a pizza in a bathtub using pineapple?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

BrigadierSensible posted:

Most of my dad's side of the family is Hindu, so vegetarian. I have no issue with vegetarian food. But am extremely judgemental about people who only eat salads, or consider that salads and tofu are the only vegetarian options. They are missing out on a world of food. This level also includes meat eaters who sniff their noses at the Vegetarian portion of a menu.

I am also judgemental about vegans. I consider them prissy, faddish, performative hippies. Even as I pretentiously order Dhal from an Indian restaurant whilst all around me are eating *sneer* Butter Chicken.

I am judgemental about people who fake food "allergies". I know and understand that real allergies exist, and must be accommodated. (Peanuts, people with celiac disease, common allergies etc.) but ever since I met this one woman who was an attention seeking whingbag, it has soured me on people who claim them.

This woman I am talking about is an example of another food-thing I am extremely judgey on. People who won't even try different foods. Most notably other countries cuisines, or vegetables/fruits/meats they haven't encountered before. The "eww, I wont eat rabbit. Coz that's not an eating meat.", "That dragon fruit looks funky, it's white with too many seeds. I'm not touching that." "I hate Korean food. What? No I've never had kimchi, I just know I'd hate it." etc. If you are in any way like this we will never be friends.

I also hate, and judge unfairly, people like my dad. Who will go on a trip half way around the world, say to Paris, or Tokyo, and when he returns the first and most important story he tells is "I found an Indian restaurant in Tokyo! It was only 5 subway stops away, and the waiter was from Kerala! They didn't serve Rassam like your grandmother used to make though." gently caress off! Why travel half way around the world only to eat stuff that you can eat at home! A similar story is that I was in Paris on Bastille day some years ago, and there was a loving queue outside the Chaps-Elysees brance of McDonalds.

All of this means that 1)I am a hateful judgemental prick. and also 2) I am one of those people who are weird about food from the OP

See I get a lot of that but I guess what I'd like to know who and what else you hate.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well of course the service at a vegan restaurant is awful. They're all anemic and have extremely low energy. Frankly you should be happy they can even lift the plate to carry it to your table.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Milkshakes contain melted ice cream as an ingredient. Sometimes.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I peel peas before I eat them. One at a time. Like I don't peel all my peas then eat them but each pea I eat I peel as I eat it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I can't remember the last time I had Mt Dew but iirc it's just a citrus kinda flavour. I'm pretty sure that ice cream tastes exactly like sherbet flavour or artificial lime flavour.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Strumpie posted:

i have had Mt. Dew once in my life.

it was in Big Gulp form and before i finished it i started getting heart palpitations so my chaperone took it away from me because she didn't want me to die.

Does it have caffeine in it or something?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
lol it has three loving times the amount of caffeine coke has. It's over the limit for how much caffeine a soft drink is supposed to have in it according to the FDA.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've started eating just broccoli for one meal a day. I put olive oil, salt, and pepper on it but yeah I eat a big stalk of broccoli for lunch every day. It's really filling and super low calorie!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's the salt. Your body has become unable to regenerate itself so its attempting to solve the problem by mummifying you.

E: You've probably also noticed that you've started eating pickles right out of the jar.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They make corn flavoured ice cream in Indonesia and I bet it's really good. I'd also eat pea flavoured ice cream because I eat frozen peas and they're delicious.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think carrot ice cream would be really good too.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Carrot cake is lovely.

It is divine and I bet that carrot ice cream would be the perfect accompaniment.

God I miss sugar so much.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Internetjack posted:

Mommy used to boil the poo poo out of the vegies and make them into unpalatable paste...? Too loving bad. Look up a recipe, learn to cook and try some old stuff in new and exciting ways. There is a whole world of good stuff to eat out there.

Where does this weird aggression towards other people's diets come from? Look how you worded that. It's so unnecessarily angry and superior.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It sounds like you guys are the ones with the problem really. I think people should be free to choose to eat or to not eat whatever they like without having to worry about some mentally unstable person at the table melting down at them over it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't think you should be harbouring this kind of hate in your heart over something as trivial as what another person chooses to ingest. It doesn't seem very healthy to me. Different people like or don't like different things. That's ok.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Big Beef City posted:

They explained perfectly well what the reasoning was, and it wasn't 'hate'. So, either you're trolling them, or you're a victim of this awful hatred yourself I'd wager.

A person that caves in someone's skull with a wheel-jack because they got cut off in traffic may be able to perfectly elucidate the reason but that does not excuse the action.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Coriander used to taste like soap to me but then every time I misbehaved as a child my mother would force me to eat a bushel and now it makes me curl up into a ball and sob inconsolably.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's ok to like American cheese. Or not. Both opinions are equally valid.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The White Dragon posted:

the greatest exotic food in this world is the japanese mcdonalds mega mac, which is four big macs smashed together

I don't understand why not just order 4 big macs why do they need to be smashed together? I'm not angry that this exists I'm just confused. Very confused.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You don't get the bulk discount that way.

I looked it up because something about it seemed weird and a lie. It was!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The White Dragon posted:

im sorry i misspoke. it's called giga big mac, and it's only three big macs smashed together. you can't expect me to remember all these foreign food names

Another lie. There's nothing smashed together about anything. It's just a big version of a big mac. The video the American tourists that went to McDonalds in Japan to buy bigger versions of burgers they could buy at home made was very clear about this.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
American cuisine seems amazing to me because there's so little of it here. Mexican and BBQ an Cajun and all that good stuff. Have you ever seen what passes for BBQ in Australia?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ok understand that this picture and what the Brigadier posted are not lies or exaggerations. This is what you can expect to be served at 80% or more of any BBQ taking place in Australia.

Those sausages? $10 for 24 at coles.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've been to one place that ever did American bbq and it was a pub doing it as a one night a week thing. It was the best bbq I've ever had and it was probably what an American would consider garbage tier. It was so good.

I also really want to try some of the Baltimore crabs I saw on the Wire. I have no idea what's even special about them but the way they talked about them made them seem incredible.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Spring Roll chat was a little while back, (for the record I like both crispy fried spring rolls, and the non-fried rice paper ones. Will confirm that fresh veggies make a huge difference.

But Spring Roll adjacent, (in a very slight way):

I have always felt un-Australian for this, but I can't stand Chico Rolls. They have always seemed to me to be a mushy, weirdly flavourless yet yucky mockery of a good honest Spring Roll.

I understand the cultural importance of the Chico Roll poster in Fish and Chip shops up and down the country, but I will not buy or eat one, because they are unpleasant to eat.

I don't think I've ever had a chico roll unless - do they have corn and are mostly this sort of mushy white stuff?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
As an interesting aside you can clean up piss with vinegar should you ever accidentally piss all over something.

Or deliberately I'm not here to judge.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smBgwCmXhY8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Strumpie posted:

is it because i called you Funky Pee Funky Poo that one time.

That was you?!