Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

You got the fluffy kitty kitty!

All Lettuce loving sucks rear end but I will not object to spinach leaves. Am I one of these people who are unreasonably weird about food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

RepeatingMeme posted:

I dont hate picky eaters, their tiny little culinary world is enough of a self own that any added scorn feels cruel. Especially the people who only eat frozen foods they can microwave or fast food are incredibly sad to me. They must feel like huge babies ordering chicken fingers off the kids menu whenever they go out to eat, it sounds like an incredibly sad life to live.

And what about those people who only drink soda/energy drinks who love to talk about how gross water is? Water is basically the least offensive, most neutral, flavor there is and replacing it entirely with diet coke makes my skin crawl.

People do that?

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

Cheesus posted:

I was like this for a long time.

Growing up, my parents owned a small grocery store and our house was attached to it. Among the biggest problems of being a teenager with unfettered access to junk food was from the age of 9-18, I'd only drink Mt. Dew, Verifine fruit punch, and the occasional milk. I'd drink water on infrequent camping trips once or twice a year but that was it. If the liquid wasn't sweet, I wouldn't drink it. Only after college did I start to voluntarily ween myself from the poo poo but it was a long process in my 20s and 30s going from sugared, artificial sweetener, seltzer to get to water.

Even once I was able to get a "taste" for water, it took a few years to "drink" enough. It's only been in the past year that I've actually been drinking an ounce or two from the bathroom faucet when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee.

How I managed to get to 47 without diabetes or major kidney damage, I don't know.

I'm not terribly emotional about a lot in this lovely world, but seeing parents who transition their kids off breast milk/formula to soda is heartbreaking to me.

I'm now suddenly much more thankful that my overall soda consumption was at best a fraction of what yours was and that I almost exclusive drink water nowadays unless I'm having a specific meal or its a holiday or something.

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

Das Boo posted:

I grew up bleaching my vegetables and eating questionable meats from Bengali markets. I'll eat powdered or mashed insects (don't really like feeling the body parts in my mouth), I like spices of all kinds, and if I don't like a healthy food, I'll train myself to like it. Working on beets right now.

I do, however, get people angry at me for not liking beer. "You can't say you don't like beer! That's such a wide group!" I've tried Brit, German, Dutch, Indian, Thai and Chinese beers in those countries. Pale and dark. All sorts of flavors. Micro and major. I had a chef friend who also microbrewed. I lived in Portland and knew a bunch of beer hipsters. I have tried enough beer to say I don't like beer. Leave me to my girly drinks, godammit.

People getting into increasingly elaborate and/or abstract descriptions for beer such as the basic tried and true "piss" all the way up to "collapsed well water mixed with ginger ale filtered through a magic marker so you can fight telephone poles" is something I will never truly understand, but will also never cease to be amused by

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

Confession: anytime I try eating beets I literally feel my gag reflex kick in and I feel my stomach turning and I have to fight back actually vomiting. No other food gives me this reflex.

I also love drinking plain water now over anything casually, and now look at doritos and cheetohs with scorn over the stains and scent they leave, as I have moved onto pretzels on that front.

How unreasonably weird about food does this make me with this new information?

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

Soups and stews are good and cool IMO

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

Also gently caress any colesaw with more than 2g of sugar added to it, that is like the last loving thing that needs a whole bag of sugar dumped in wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

Mushika posted:

Soup is good. Haters can go gently caress themselves.