Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 17, 2015

FYAAAAAD!!!

Depends on the type of lettuce I suppose. Iceberg totally sucks. Baby gem lettuce is good as are some of the more bitter and peppery ones like rocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 17, 2015

FYAAAAAD!!!

Jeza posted:

big beef city is a big beef baby. coincidentally, mmm veal

big beef city is unreasonably weird about lots of trivial things.

On topic: There are lots of people who are just as weird about texture regardless of flavour. If I invite my parents over and I'm cooking something like shepards pie I have to leave some potatoes to the side and either boil or roast them. My dad refuses to eat mashed potatoes. He won't eat pasta either but he will eat orzo. Soup has to be chunky too, he won't eat a soup that you could drink from a mug.

Valko
Sep 17, 2015

FYAAAAAD!!!

A lot of pizza talk ITT and this just turned up in my youtube recommendations:

Watermelon Pizza

Valko
Sep 17, 2015

FYAAAAAD!!!

Big Beef City posted:

They take like a whole goddamn minute to cut the watermelon in half.
They have a big rear end chef knife.

JUST CUT IT IN HALF ALREADY! CUT. THE. MELON.

You know something, I think you are the last person I would want to be around if you had a big rear end kitchen knife.

Valko
Sep 17, 2015

FYAAAAAD!!!

Waterbed Wendy posted:

what is the purpose of soup?

Using leftovers, not throwing out the parts of the animal you can't physically eat but still have nutrition (bones, etc), easy to eat if you are sick. Every culture has some variation of chicken soup and it has been scientifically proven to have anti-inflammatory properties which helps with the cold and flu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 17, 2015

FYAAAAAD!!!