Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Having food preferences is fine. Being a "picky eater" generally means you failed to develop past being a toddler. I had to stop dating a woman in part because she'd only eat the same 3 things, and the whole thing came off as incredibly childish and stupid. I saw no future with her, the same way I see no future with you OP. It's best we go our different ways and remember the good times we had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

CynCyanide posted:

I have a coworker who will not eat any kind of fruit and will tell you about it at length. "It's a texture issue," he claims. Other times he claims it's because he got so excited to meet Goofy at Disney World that he barfed up the pineapple chunks he'd had with breakfast and hasn't been able to eat fruit since. There was a bowl of oranges at an office party once and he cringed away from it like a vampire from the sun. Obviously he's also a big attention whore.

These are the same people who tell you that YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ORDER HAWAIIAN PIZZA, THAT'S WRONG AND OH GOD DOES ANYONE LIKE ME YET IT'S EITHER THIS PIZZA THING OR I HAVE TO DEVELOP A PERSONALITY!

I don't really like Hawaiian pizza, but good god who gives a gently caress.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Jim Long-un posted:

the hawaiian pizza thing is so social media brainworms, it's something completely irrelevant that some people are driven to have extremely strong opinions about because there's almost nothing else inside. it's performative posting, but that's also their identity. they are their consumer preferences, and an empty thirst for likes. imagine being a guy that sees a hawaiian pizza post and wades into that bullshit like my dude get a loving hobby. go outside. go to the window, open it, stick your head out and yell I'M AS M

basically this
Yeah, i basically assume anyone that get's angry about Hawaiian pizza also collects those funko pop toys at an age exceeding 13.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I drunkenly ate a slice of pesto mushroom pizza and immediately developed a taste for mushrooms after hating them for my entire life before then.

Oh man, mushrooms are my jam. I had a korean bbq mushroom sandwhich the other day and I've thought of nothing else since. I'm also going to try and start eating considerably less meat starting in september, and mushrooms are a big part of my plan as far as meat replacement goes.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I read this thread title as People who are unreasonably without food and I immediately became unsympathetic for the actual subject matter.

Go buy some food you loving poors!

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Starks posted:

People had strong opinions about Hawaiian pizza before though, I remember it being in movies and tv shows in the pre internet days. I think itís just one of the polarizing things that tastes weird to some people, like cilantro. I remember there being a lot of debate about anchovies on pizza too.

The difference with cilantro is, beyond there being a genetic component to the dislike of it, no one runs in and tells you about how you're NOT ALLOWED to like cilantro. It's usually just something along the lines of "oh man, I don't get cilantro, it tastes like soap to me".

People definitely had strong oppinions about anchovies though, but they're a super strong flavor. Again, I feel like with anchovies most people are like "ughh, I don't want to eat that" and not "you're a bad person if you eat anchovies." There's just something about Hawaiian pizza that attracts attention whores.

Sega 32X posted:

My kid saw Oscar the Grouch eat a banana pizza years ago and we tried it and now my wife and kid love banana on pizza (I'm indifferent to it, I like more traditional toppings). It gets super carmelized, so it ends up sweet and savoury. I think that's the appeal of Hawaiian as well (which he also likes).

Food is food

I could actually see fried plantains working reasonably well as a pizza topping. Might have to try this sometime soon. Maybe alongside some arugula, goat cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic. Not with a red sauce mind you.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Sunswipe posted:

How can anyone find the time or energy to give a poo poo what someone else is eating? Yeah, if you insist on me eating your rhubarb-topped pizza with Vegemite and frogs' legs, I'll put up quite an argument against it. If you want to eat that, knock yourself out. I'll fetch you a well-done steak and ketchup to go with it.

I don't personally care what anyone eats, but I do think it says something about people that never grew beyond the phase where they will only eat chicken fingers and mac and cheese. People should feel free to eat whatever they want, but just know that if you're not adventurous enough to even try new foods, you're probably being judged. I'm not taking about super weird poo poo either, the girl I dated that I mentioned wouldn't go to this Mediterranean place despite never having tried their food, simply because she didn't think she would like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I had a friend who would get PISSED AS HELL if you took anything off of her plate like one french fry. I am totally understanding of being annoyed by that and I respect her decision for plate exclusivity, I guess I was just shocked at the level of emotion in her reaction. It was like I had just spit in her face or something. And we were best friends so we shared clothes, books, candy, movies, etc. ! Needless to say, I did not take food from her plate again. I miss her!

probably a childhood thing. people loving with your food when you're a kid can lead to some weird attitudes around eating when you get older, and often people aren't even aware of them.