Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
I have a coworker who will not eat any kind of fruit and will tell you about it at length. "It's a texture issue," he claims. Other times he claims it's because he got so excited to meet Goofy at Disney World that he barfed up the pineapple chunks he'd had with breakfast and hasn't been able to eat fruit since. There was a bowl of oranges at an office party once and he cringed away from it like a vampire from the sun. Obviously he's also a big attention whore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Skip the middle man and just pour a capri sun into a bag of shredded mozzarella and nuke that bad boy for 2 minutes

Like a walking taco of Hawaiian pizza.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Son of Rodney posted:

I don't like raw tomatoes or cucumbers, which are 70% of a salad in my country. Have at me.

I love cucumbers so you can just pick them out of your salad and give them to me.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

veni veni veni posted:

Cooking for picky eaters does truly suck rear end though. Especially if you like cooking and putting thought into the meal, then some giant baby does everything in their power to turn it into McDonalds after you spent hours working on it.

I used to bake for my office mates once in a while and this is why I stopped. Guy who won't eat fruit once bitched about almond cookies I made because almonds sort of taste like cherries and cherries are fruit :smugjones:

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I also really want to try some of the Baltimore crabs I saw on the Wire. I have no idea what's even special about them but the way they talked about them made them seem incredible.

Blue crabs have a more delicate, less fishy flavor then some other types of crab. Here are my mom's rules for a crab feast (which is a cookout where you eat crabs, okay?)

gotta cover the table in newspaper
    the kids get the funny pages
    kids under 7 get help with their crab - any older and you're old enough to pick your own
    beer in the steamer
    you drink beer, not wine

You steam the crabs whole, then season them with liberally with Old Bay or the crab seasoning of your choice.

Old Bay's website also has a solid recipe for crab cakes if that's more your style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

You add beer to the water you use to steam the crabs. It gives it a kick and by kick I mean a kind of beer flavor, it's good.

edit: the beer is optional you don't have to add it, you can just steam them using only water.

CynCyanide fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 18, 2020