Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if people who get on the "don't be a picky eater" high-horse realize that parents can seriously damage their children by making them eat poorly prepared foods that they aren't interested in eating, and also by forcing portion sizes upon their poor babies that are inappropriate?

I still occasionally throw my elderly, broken down, practically dead parents shade for having forced me to eat adult-sized portions of crudely boiled cruciferous vegetables until I got big enough to say "come and make me."

I can honestly say there's nothing one could ever do that would get me interested in broccoli or cauliflower. I can only stand cabbage if it's in a stir-fry or maybe kimchi. Green beans can eat a dick. I like raw carrots but if you cook them you can lick my balls.

Don't force your kids to eat stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

found the unreasonable weirdo

Yeah I'm out of line, cruciferous vegetables really are best when they're boiled for two hours and then forced down the gullet of a literal child on pain of thrashing with a leather strap.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

I think it's more the "I am an adult who still whinges about something that tasted bad when I was little. gently caress you mum and dad! I will now not eat that ever again to prove how grown up and mature I am." attitude.

I think it's more you can't understand how childhood emotional and physical abuse and trauma can have long-game effects?

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cheesus posted:

It's a fine excuse for not eating that food prepared in that way.

What's your excuse for not eating it prepared in alternative, non awful ways now?

Traumatic stress?

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's like some of you want to think "Hey just eat broccoli," without being even marginally willing to consider that some folks might have some issue with "broccoli" or "liver and onions," or "tomatoes," or whatever the gently caress else.

"Just prepare the food you got beaten for not liking in a different way!"

I mean what the gently caress, sicko shits?

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

We're willing to consider it, it's just you're exactly the kind of person this thread is about. You're unreasonably weird about food. You came into the thread that exists to talk about people who are unreasonably weird about food, told us about your unreasonable food habits, and now you're getting pissed off at us for it.

Aversions to food you got beaten for not eating is unreasonable.

Gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

No.
It is reasonable.

You're reasonably adverse to food for being beaten senselessly for it.

This is the UNreasonable about food thread. It says right at the top

It's almost like you didn't read my original post, which was a response to the whole "picky eater" bullshit content of this thread.

Hey guys maybe people are picky eaters for a reason?!?