Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

Times are tough but an old friend from HS runs a maid company. I will be having a working interview with her on Friday. What do I need to study to be a pro maid? I mean pro tips only, I know how to work a broom, mop, etc. We will be cleaning a corporate office so any tips on that specifically would be excellent. She said maids are very in demand now so this could be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks for the replies. I can wear whatever I want as long as it is non-offensive so gonna have to leave my All Lives Matter shirt at home but seems like an easy gig. I am a male and have a short hair so no need for a tie up. I will be wearing a K or actually I will bust out an N95 for this one, with a face shield and a backward ball cap, all approved by the boss!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

Oh yeah, she said I need to have my own gloves. She wears the big yellow ones that go up to your elbows. I might just buy 2 pairs of them or go to Harbor Freight and buy a box of the thick gloves for like 10 bux! You don't NEED them but it is recommend so you don't ruin your hands with chemicals.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

Khanstant posted:

I had a tempo agency job one summer in college as janitor for this fake-medicine-scam business. One room I had to clean was "the powder room" and it was stacks of sacks of various powders and containers for them to go in, some kind of big vacuum tube system too, a lot of it looked kind of cartoony to me. It was supposed to be a "clean" room, so other workers weren't supposed to be in there or walk through, but the layout of the place made it a really logical place to cut-through so people still did. Even so, I wasn't always sweeping powder into trash, they'd hoover it up sometimes lol. I was also concerned b/c they didn't have masks for me to wear, but some of the pill-making workers did? They told me that powder room was non-toxic, just inert fillers or whatever. I still brought the mask I'd wear for drawing classes to avoid black-charcoal-boogers.

They eventually did have me cleaning the toxic stuff, some of which was basically the cleaning solutions being the toxicest part. It was all non-FDA "medicine," lotta homeopathic poo poo, bottles that are like "take 12 pills every 6 hours." Kind of place that also sold healing crystal pyramids and like coffee enemeas and whacky stuff like that. Anyway, hated dealing with the toxic stuff more than cleaning bathrooms so if any test tube or beaker or whatever was going to require mechanical effort to clean, I'd just toss it in the broken dirty glass hazard bin. They could buy replacements for the price of one bottle of their snake oil, gently caress em.

as a "bonus" for working there, i was given one item worth up to 25 bucks or something a month. The coffee enema and crystal healing objects were what I wanted but out of the price range, so I settled for a jar of pink rock salt one month and this jar of raw-honey with chunks of bees and hive still in it. It was good on toast but I think it also makes me immortal b/c of the royal jelly in it or whatever.

edit: Sorry, there's no actual protip there. Uh, just be safe, you don't know what those office goons are up to in the back.

Well that is pretty crazy, sorry for your lung cancer (hopefully just a funny joke) with the situation now I will be wearing an N95 for the first day I have 6 fresh ones and one only warn once. Once I get the job I will buy a box on Medident. I have 20 virgin Stables masks and 10 that are in decontamination because people are in and out of here like once a week to fix the windows, they come and do one a day ok, very smart! Anyway to the funny guy in the back there is no dress code as long as it is non offensive, you know who you are

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

Supreme Allah posted:

i need a maid, can't be arsed to clean anything these days, place is a mess

But i dont want anyone in my house they might steal stuff

where's the slutty robot maids

I promise I would only steal one thing from you OP, your heart with how awesome I clean!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

Strumpie posted:

i hired a self employed maid and her work whatsapp picture was just her in a bra making duck face.

i don't think i hired a maid, yet she cleaned the house just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5xCOF65ols

I WONT BE LIKE YOU STRUMPIE I JUST WONT!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

Welp, I got the job. We are cleaning up a house for sale, she is also a real estate agent. Rush job because she is doing they are doing pictures and drone footage tomorrow, then open houses on Sat and Sun. Gonna try to get back there early tomorrow, but we have to leave by 1145 to go clean an office. It isn't easy, you pay attention to detail and well I am working myself into shape after years as a computer toucher from home, but in 3 days should be all good. I also pulled a ton of weeds and found a small dead frog! 10/10 experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

It might have been a toad, because there was no water around anywhere so idk, it looked like a frog to me. As always thank you Spinz, I told her some of the stuff you told me in here and in the PM's and she said that was right on. She doesn't clean computers or TVs though, she is bonded and the l word I won't try to misspell, but doesn't want to mess anything up and make here rates go up.