Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Michael Corleone posted:

Times are tough but an old friend from HS runs a maid company. I will be having a working interview with her on Friday. What do I need to study to be a pro maid? I mean pro tips only, I know how to work a broom, mop, etc. We will be cleaning a corporate office so any tips on that specifically would be excellent. She said maids are very in demand now so this could be good.

If this is serious you have it made since you can type, speak English, and are sober. Don't strike your friend I guess.

There are no pro tips, just a few major don'ts. Don't saturate phones or any electronics with cleaning spray. Spray the cloth, then wipe. Don't spray anything on computer screens at all, use a microfiber cloth. This includes compressed air on keyboards until you have practiced into a garbage can.

You want this job, corporate offices are the only cleaning job that isn't absolutely foul. Main thing is watch the person training you and listen. Hopefully they speak your language.

If you move things around on a desk only move what you are sure you can put right back where it was at a time.

You already know how to do this- there are no special "rules."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Yes I've got some stories. I've done training all my life in the Hospitality industry (mostly puke, let's be real) and for a while I was training temps like you hire for the day from Labor Ready.

Imagine having to explain why wearing your razor blade necklace on the outside of your uniform is a bad idea and getting told "but my freedums."

Finding a box of condoms stashed on the main guy custodians cart and he's arrogant and grinning when confronted because they are Magnums. Same guy told me within 3 minutes of meeting him he's not Black he's Cape Verdean. We, rear end in a top hat

He was loving half the staff

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Khanstant posted:

is razor blade necklace what it sounds like? if so, is there a context in which it isn't a bad idea? what good could possibly be wrought from such a necklace?

Showing everyone that you are a cool hip druggie

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Shoot that good post reminds me of a genuine tip or trick

If there is anything shiny like the knobs and faucet in a bathroom and the mirror you MUST get those right, take more time on the mirror than the floor practically. We are like birds and our eyes are drawn to it. If a bathroom mirror and faucets are clean the rest could be not really that clean and seem ok, I'm serious.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I could have happily died without knowing this exists lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Michael Corleone posted:

Welp, I got the job. We are cleaning up a house for sale, she is also a real estate agent. Rush job because she is doing they are doing pictures and drone footage tomorrow, then open houses on Sat and Sun. Gonna try to get back there early tomorrow, but we have to leave by 1145 to go clean an office. It isn't easy, you pay attention to detail and well I am working myself into shape after years as a computer toucher from home, but in 3 days should be all good. I also pulled a ton of weeds and found a small dead frog! 10/10 experience!

Sweet.

You want gigs where unmasked people are not around. If at all possible open where you are cleaning wide open to maximize air flow. At times that won't work because poo poo will blow in, meaning open all windows FIRST THING but maybe not sliding doors.

Also, long time housekeepers will not respect basic ideas about cross contamination or cleanliness. Meaning they will wear same gloves for entire job, their spray bottles and toilet bowl cleaning supplies will be all nestled together, never cleaned, and set on counters, etc.

Hopefully you can do things to stay safer from Covid and not piss them off at same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Strumpie posted:

if it makes you feel better i rescued some frogspawn i found in my pond (the fish would've eaten them) and recently released them as froglets, so it balances out.

It does. I often wonder whose alt you are, what other accounts you have had.