Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Aenor's thirst knows no bounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know, I feel vindicated that I chose Azeyma as my deity all that time ago when starting the game, makes me feel like the real protagonist

:yeah:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

characters known to snap their fingers and do a sassy wave: hythlodaeus???

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

put that loving wave on the mog station already

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

When I first did 5.0 I thought "Remember that once we lived" was because he knew that Elidibus had absolutely no chance against us. Now I realise it was because Emet was well aware that Elidibus had already forgotten. :smith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

My take was that since Elidibus was just a primal, he wasn't the real Elidibus to begin with. He was both Zodiark's and the peoples' wish for a saviour, and ultimately, that doesn't require memories or identities at all. He was the hero, he was salvation, and nothing else mattered. I don't think it had anything to do with body hopping like Lahabrea. His original summoners are also gone, so he's powered by the mixed prayers and needs of other scattered people.

That was my take, but I heard people thinking Azem and the rest of the Twelve were Venat's thirteen other summoners. I didn't remember anything linking Azem to the rest of the summoners, and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

In the 5.2 cutscene it states that "the dissenter" (presumably Azem) refused to help the Hydaelen summoners.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ImpAtom posted:

It seems like you can basically bring anything across, it just depends on if it is capable of remaining together after you do so. Living beings are a lot more complex than bread and thus are at a greater risk of dissolving. As long as you think of it as part of you then it should be able to come across.

The real question is: How does your Chocobo get across.

In 5.1 G'raha said that you could being living things that you considered your possessions. He even said that if you were capable of thinking of the Scions as belonging to you, you would have been able to bring them over too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There should be dialogue to go and gloat to Magnai about who the sun really is

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

cheetah7071 posted:

my memory of even one patch ago is shaky, I guess

It's clearly possible to meet Venat, in the same way we met Elidibus, and I hope we do (and then kick his rear end too)

I think Venat is still within Hydaelen.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The closest anyone has legitimately come to killing the WoL was a waiter

I mean Emet-Selch came pretty drat close until we got an Ardbert-shaped powerup.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

No gods no primals no masters. The mothercrystal must face us and seven friends.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cleretic posted:

Emet doesn't need to save me, I spent the entire first phase making a rope to pull my way back there anyway.

are you honestly so mad about emet-selch that you are deciding the events of the game didn't actually happen

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Its Rinaldo posted:

I miss Midgardsormr :(

he has earned his nap

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

man they just keep twisting the knife with regards to emet-selch

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

FFXIV's writers are really fuckin good at subtext. What started out as a "huh, that's an interesting theory" quickly spread across all the internet and now the short story comes out and yup, those things were all actually intended to be hints.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Azem saves an island by realising that they cannot fight a volcano so they turn the volcano into a primal so they can punch it

Truly, we are the inheritor of that legacy

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AstrialJam posted:

The "Emet-Selch's title is also the Architect" is I think fanon that just spread so much that everyone assumed it was canon.

No, Emet-Selch is definitely the Architect, Hythlodaeus just runs the bureau and lives to be a thorn in his side apparently.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Y'shtola cannot have a shard of Hythlodaeus' soul because she did not have an Echo awakened by seeing a starshower.

edit: then again, you may need to actually see it occur rather than sensing it with aethersight... the theory's back to being possible

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vitamean posted:

alejandro isn't a space alien. space travel is alien tech.

Yeah but the ironworks reverse engineered both alexander and omega to do their thing.

Also I'm so glad that they made sure that the "doomed timeline" had hope of its own. :unsmith:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also the new Astral Era is spearheaded by the Ironworks and guided by Midgardsormir does that mean high tech dragon society?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

thetoughestbean posted:

Is there any reason to kill hydaelyn though? Besides bloodlust

No gods no masters no primals.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Neither Hydaelen nor Zodiark are good or evil.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

In the end, our title is just The Warrior and all other jobs are removed from the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fancy Dan is as much of a theater kid as Emet-Selch but with much less charisma.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's worth noting that even though she reverts back to badguy mode she waits for the prisoners to get out of the boss fight room without attempting to temper or kill them because at that point she is just committing suicide by WoL.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The first leg of the new Eden series was surprisingly easy. We only wiped once.

It's already making me feel emotions. :ohdear:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

thancred+ran'jit+innocence, I think.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I do wish they'd made it actual text instead of heavy subtext

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

if e12s casts Light Rampant when they junction Shiva, I am going to alt+f4 on the spot

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You can stack for when they initially get put down then spread out, I think.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I haven't even played FF8 but I still burst out laughing when I realised they were doing Draw/Cast/Junction

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mitron's true name being Artemis just took on extra meaning.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

because it's based on this statue from the temple of artemis

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Chillgamesh posted:

So is it just me or did this raid story foreshadow Emet-Selch being alive somewhere? Mitron and Loghrif both survived being defeated in the exact same way as we defeated Emet: being struck by a powerful blade of light aether. Yes, the WoL is much more powerful than Ardbert was, but Emet was also an order of magnitude more powerful than Loghrif and Mitron.

Lohgrif didn't survive, her soul just got recycled back into the lifestream, the same way anyone's does when they die.

Somewhere, on one of the worlds, a baby just got born with an unsundered soul.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also the First is heavily tilted towards Light which makes Ascians even weaker.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Echo is not tempering. The Blessing of Light, though...

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah I was gonna say that as soon as Rowena catches wind that there is money to be made on the moon, then nothing will stop her from getting there.

This is because Rowena is a primal who manifested from the collective belief of Uldahns in the free market.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't they say that if your body's been physically changed by tempering you're too far gone

Just that they can't undo the physical changes. So even if you're freed from Leviathan's thrall, you'll still be a horrible fishman, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bruceski posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3z8VcPLgbM&t=380s

The transition for Hades riffs on a motif that I know I've heard somewhere but can't recall where. Anyone know? Just that one bit between the two main soundtracks.

Emet making his wings out of masks is so god drat cool.