Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

I mentioned it in the other thread but the Convocation crystals looked suspiciously like soul crystals, wonder if that'll be anything.

Also, lmao, after 5.0 I posted that I couldn't believe they made me care about the Ascian plot, but that I was worried about it going forward because Elidibus is boring. Egg on my face, that's for sure. Wasn't quite sure if I got the details right on his story, though: basically, he was supposed to be part of Zodiark, but he had to withdraw at the last second because there was internal disagreement, so he got left behind by all his Convocation buddies, leading to his obsession with the Rejoining? Is that the gist of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

See, I guess I missed the bit where it was implied (or stated outright) that Elidibus is a primal. Where was that?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Maybe they'll just lock the last tier of Eden until you clear 5.3

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

We get it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Oxyclean posted:

I am musically dumb but I enjoy this guy's analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM0F7YAtW4s

He's fun, I've been following him for a while. I love how he's so into the motifs

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Do we know enough about the writing structure of the FFXIV expansion cycle to say Ishikawa would even be on the next one? My assumption is: they laid the scene out for this expac back in HW, so she was a part of that process and maybe was even planning the broad strokes of the story then and during Stormblood. If that was the case (and it very well might not be, I am talking completely out of my rear end), it would make sense for another writer to take the lead on the next expansion because they were doing their own work during Shadowbringers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Also I love that scene with Zenos and Fandaniel because Fandaniel is just loving hamming it up for an audience of no one, clearly loving this poo poo just for its own sake, and Zenos is completely loving stonefaced the entire time. Just does not give one single poo poo about any of it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Sacro posted:

Fun fact you can use a dps LB, cancel it, wait for hallowed ground to time out, then use it.

And you only lose eight seconds of uptime!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

I don't actually know enough about LBs to know if that's sarcasm lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Jeez, I use MCH for my high end content these days, I can probably cover two people for that in the right circumstances

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

My completely unscientific maximum potency MCH can possibly fit into eight seconds ignoring raid buffs (the last three or so Heat Blasts of a Hypercharge (240x3 so 720) + Wildfire (six hits with 200 per hit, 1200) used before the invuln would have started, plus five uses of Gauss Barrel/Ricochet (750), plus Reassembled Drill (critical direct hit 700, which we'll just round up to 1000?), plus Air Anchor (700), plus Queen's punches and Pile Bunker (let's say just used at 50 battery so around 800 potency if we assume three punches get blocked), based on some sketchy math I did in my head, resulted in a little under 5000 potency. So yeah.

Making it 10 seconds probably adds at least another punch, another Heat Blast, and another Gauss Barrel or Ricochet, which would be about 540 potency.

Man, MCH's burst windows are loving nuts lmao

Arist fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 17, 2020

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Oh, was Azem explicitly female even if your WoL is male? I play a catgirl so I figured they changed the gender based on your own.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

I don't really care what it says in JP tbh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Sure, but my point is that we shouldn't be acting like the conversation is just over because the JP version said X, if that wasn't clear.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, I feel like "the original writer specifically used a word for young adults and not children" does in fact wrap it up.

Yes, he was quite young; no, he was not a kid.

Not only do we not know that the story was Japanese, as mentioned above, "seinen" does not actually have the exact same connotations as "young adult" does in English. It could very easily mean "teenager."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Rand Brittain posted:

At this point they've had multiple opportunities to make it clear that Elidibus was an Actual Kid and passed them by, so...

But they're not doing that? They've shown us about as explicitly as they would ever need to?