Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
First time I’ve experienced new story fresh from a patch and it was well worth the wait.

Maybe I’m overthinking things, but are we totally sure Elidibus is gone forever? We previously trapped Ascian souls in white auracite to hold them, but then still had to destroy them. G’raha used the Tower itself as if it were auracite, he says, but wouldn’t that mean Elidibus is still in there somewhere? Or is it different because he was a primal and not really his original self?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Onmi posted:

I have a feeling Fandaniel's not really 'into' the whole idea of Zodiark or anything. As far as he was concerned that was the prerogative of the unsundered. He just wants to be rich and immortal.

I realized he makes a good match for Zenos in that way. Zenos killed his own dad so he didn’t have to be burdened by his birthright and could be free to do whatever. Fandaniel couldn’t do it himself, but with the big three gone he’s happy to be free of the Zodiark mission.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

:perfect:

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
I started an alt. In the cutscene where you pick up your first crystal, you get the “Hear... Feel... Think...” followed by a vision of a starshower.

I know they plan pretty far ahead, but imagine slipping that in only to pay it off nearly ten years later. :aaa:

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
The Bozja Incident feels oddly familiar, in that a similar event came up in the Crystal Tower raid story. Didn’t the Allagans try to harness some type of power that ended up being too much for the Tower and took out the surrounding area?

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Yeah I was thinking something along those lines too.

Plan A for Zodiark was to get his unsundered Ascians to perform Rejoinings to return him to his full strength.

That plan ended with Emet-Selch and Elidibus, so what next? Well if he can’t be fixed, maybe Plan B is to remake/resummon him. And to do so you’d want to recreate the conditions of his summoning, the Final Days.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Eox posted:

Scarmiglione has two phases ready to go, though. I'd hate to relegate him to a solo duty when there's a kickass-looking raidwide and a bangin' soundtrack change to be had

edit: no matter what, we better get a soken cover of the FF4 boss theme out of endwalker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5D9mVy7js

Hell yes. My favorite boss theme of the series.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Iirc it's above SCH or was in SB in terms of 'Got to Cap and cleared some content '

Indeed, ffxivcensus puts AST slightly above SCH for "active characters", but both are well below WHM.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

hobbesmaster posted:

They need dead bodies to jump into nearby instead of the live body trick lahabread used.

Yeah the point of Summoner 60 was “let’s lure this guy to someplace he won’t have any bodies nearby to inhabit”. Nothing special about the method you used to kill him, iirc, it just had to be isolated.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Bruceski posted:

Thordan "retires" the previous Pope and, with Ascian guidance, uses access to the Eye sealed away with Haldrath to turn into Thordran I (Shiva-style) and temper the Heavens Ward into the Knights of the Round.

This part eluded me at first, because it doesn't intuitively follow from what we see on-screen in the Singularity Reactor.

Thordan makes a big show of dragging out Haldrath's casket, unsealing it, and using the Eye within it to take on his primal form. The presentation could easily be interpreted as a) Haldrath's tomb was on Azys Lla and b) this is the first time Thordan accessed the Eye and became a primal.

Your version of events is correct though, as I understand it. Thordan must have gone primal sometime before the events of HW and tempered the Knights. Which raises the question: if he'd already unsealed and used the Eye, why did he put it back with Haldrath and bring the entire casket to Azys Lla? A flair for the dramatic?

Also, I have no idea of the timeline of events pre-HW. Would there have been a point where Thordan had access to both Eyes, before Estinien absconded with one? I forget the exact chain of custody.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Playing through SB for a second time and I still don't understand why Conrad decides to pass the torch to Lyse.

She was barely old enough to remember the initial occupation, and hasn't been involved at all with any of the resistance until about a week ago. Nobody on the front lines would even know her. M'naago, his right-hand cat, doesn't even get a cursory mention.

Apparently her dad was well-liked, so she's got that going for her I guess. Though you'd think a people who had to depose a mad king would be careful about giving special treatment based on one's birth.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Kyrosiris posted:

Sage is gonna be APM as gently caress, huh? You can't really sit in Eukrasia, but you need to dip in to keep up your DoT, to put up shields, etc.

I'm excited. :getin:

I noticed the recast times are lower, so I think Eukrasia-[action] replaces one regular GCD. The heal versions seem to be good for movement a la Ruin 2, and as a bonus you get an Addersting stack which lets you use another instant GCD attack in Toxicon.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
If Sage ends up feeling as good as it looks, I really think it'll become one of my main jobs. I think I'll get the EW story started while doing roulettes and such on Sage until it catches up. Probably going in as AST and/or BLM.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

WrightOfWay posted:

So doing some quick math, it looks like you cast 1 Ruin IV and 0 Ruin III's per 60 second cycle and only 3 of those GCDs have cast times, so this job is both insanely mobile and insanely set in it's rotation. This might be the successor to Stormblood Machinist I was waiting for.

What I like is that while the overall actions are set, the order isn’t. Obviously lining up with buff windows is one consideration, but I feel there’s going to be a lot of fight-specific planning to the tune of “I need to wait on Ifrit because I’m going to need to move soon” or “I should hold Garuda for when those adds show up”. Could be a really successful example of easy to learn, hard to master.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

hopeandjoy posted:

Blizz 2 was changed to work like Fire 2 so now it’s less of a joke.

But yeah the AoE rotation has changed from Freeze->Thunder 4->Flare->Flare with Fouls where you can to something like Blizz 2->Freeze->Thunder 4->as many Fire 2s as fit->Flare with Fouls where you can.

It'll be interesting to see whether you want to use three HF2s, saving one Heart for Flare like the trailer, or just do two to get your Enhanced Flare stacks. Probably depends on whether you can get another full round in.

I also noticed that Flare now requires Astral Fire, which gets rid of the Cold Flare variation. Kinda heavy-handed but w/e.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

FuturePastNow posted:

I should be able to glamour the primal summons into gigantic carbuncles

Give me Bahamut-buncle

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Fordola did, but we don't know about Zenos.

And what Zenos had prior doesn't seem like the echo, per se, but the opposite. He's always had images of the end of days. But said images didn't seem to unlock anything.

I don't remember this, when did it come up?

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like that's missing at least one additional sad town

Yeah there's the town up top where you put together the mega Talos.

E: I like this person's update
https://twitter.com/___Azu/status/1440401508005081088?s=20

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Begemot posted:

Yeah, weirdly they already exist in Ala Mhigo, I think it's in the Peaks, just north of Ala Ghiri, around that ruined village (similar to the one Terra was hiding out in, natch). There's even a FATE where you fight a big one called Humbaba.

e: Wrong town name.

They’re called Muud Suud there, which apparently was a Phunbaba palette swap in VI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Vermain posted:

When Zenos is on the Garlean ship with Fandaniel in one of the post-MSQ cutscenes (possibly 5.1?), he mentions having been haunted by dreams of a burning city and the end of the world ever since he was young.

This is from a while ago but I just hit this in my re-playthrough and something stuck out to me. It's the final cutscene of 5.2.

quote:

Zenos yae Galvus: That dream again...

White-robed Figure: A recurring dream? They do so fascinate me. Might I trouble you for the details?

Zenos yae Galvus: I have always dreamed of it... Fire falling from the heavens, and the city-- nay, the whole world ablaze.

White-robed Figure: Indeed... Could Emet-Selch have found a way...? Precious few possess memories of the Final Days.

The bold part, Fandaniel speaks under his breath, and sounds genuinely surprised or impressed. But what is he implying? That Emet-Selch found a way to.. give a Garlean the Echo? We didn't see any involvement with him and the Resonant, but it's possible he kicked off the whole project before coming to the First. But even if it were that, Zenos is saying he's had these dreams even before all the Resonant stuff happened.

Or maybe he's thinking he found a way to implant memories of the Final Days directly? Or something even more out there, like he found a way to pass Ascian-ness through the royal bloodline?