Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shooting or being spotted by Talon's tracker dart will put you on the minimap

Dallas's ability, being hit by someone with the tracker rounds perk, being in Phantom's smoke or caught by her sensor thing will all reveal you which is the outline. The cloaked perk prevents being revealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
You earn in game currency way too slow in this game!

big nipples big life posted:

Shooting or being spotted by Talon's tracker dart will put you on the minimap

Dallas's ability, being hit by someone with the tracker rounds perk, being in Phantom's smoke or caught by her sensor thing will all reveal you which is the outline. The cloaked perk prevents being revealed.

Thanks.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

This game is fun! After the BR experience of running around looting for 10 minutes, dying randomly to a sniper or fighting a team and getting third partied, it's nice to be back to an arena shooter again. Digging Strikeout even though it's not the "Competitive" mode.

Agreed that you get money too slowly. I got enough to buy a character (Scorch) and turns out I don't like the playstyle lol. I guess I can buy another in 15 years. At least I still have my Dima.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

https://twitter.com/roguecompany/status/1323294235274153984?s=21

Looks like a new Rogue...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Butter Hole posted:

Agreed that you get money too slowly. I got enough to buy a character (Scorch) and turns out I don't like the playstyle lol. I guess I can buy another in 15 years. At least I still have my Dima.

i know it's beta but c'mon, it's not hard to have a "free hero of the week" for players to try out a new playstyle

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah they should definitely rotate the free heroes, would probably sell more too because people would get hooked on someone they like.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

They'll probably do this once there's enough Rogues to rotate through, but I agree it's a good idea.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

https://streamable.com/k89twa

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

https://imgur.com/BOu3Ky4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been playing this more and more going back and forth between Series X, and PC. Am really starting to get comfortable with playing RC and figuring this game out and starting to enjoy it quite a bit now. I am just playing casually as well, the practice modes are players vs. AI, and even those can be a lot of fun. Hi Rez actually put a lot of thought into the AI for Rogue Company, they can be absolutely savage, and HR got them behaving pretty close to actual players, it is very impressive to watch at times.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Huh, you know I've actually never tried the practice modes, I didn't even know the game had AI! Good to know.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Tried this game, pretty into it. Not any good at it at all though.

Edit:if there is a goon (eu) crew for this, let a dude know.

canada jezus fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 25, 2020

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

They've announced a battle pass and a separate year 1 rogues pass on stream. The winter event end date has been pushed back to the 12th and i think double xp is still going on untill then? That i'm not entirely sure about though.

I've gotten a few friends to try the game out and it might end up in our friday night games rotation.

Gameplay wise the rogues seem pretty well balanced, however Vy, talon and Dahlia do seem to be a little better than average. Anyway yeah fun game, try it out.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Matchmaking is loving weird in this game. Won my first match 3v4, then the next. Then the next 5 matches i'd get attack first and watch as my entire team split and got downed/immediately killed in places where they weren't revivable.

Swapped from Saint to Dima and Anvil for Attack and Defence, respectively. Won the next like, 16 games or however many i've played and its been a breeze.

Definitely way more fun than it looks though. I thought i'd hate it, being a third person shooter. It's pretty fun. Got a friend group it's gonna start rotating in on now.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I have a question for people who know more about this genre than me. Is there a default way you do defense on demolition? 2 dudes on A, 2 on b? Or, 3 people to one side 1 to spot at the other site?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

There’s not really a “default” but per-map there are pretty common strategies that you’ll pick up. For instance, on Lockdown you, you’ll glean from playing it a few times that it’s really easy to retake B site on defense but almost impossible to retake A. So what my group does is send one guy to A just in case because you can actually hold a whole team off (with the right rogue, like Trench or Vy) long enough for your 3 teammates at B to rotate to you and help. Often a failed A push means death for the other squad because rotating A-B on the offensive side leaves you totally exposed.

However since everyone knows this you don’t get a lot of A pushes on Lockdown (hence only sending one guy) so the real action is at B. Get 3 on-site at B and just try to team fight as conservatively as possible, just long enough to rattle them and maybe get a good trade. As soon as you’re outnumbered or taking damage, give up the site immediately and run out the back doors. You *never* want to fight through those back doors as Lockdown and especially B site are *heavily* offensively favored, so once you’re outside your only options are to rotate around the building and fight through the side garage door and the offensive spawn-side door, which now give you the “offensive” advantage.

I’m not a pro by any means but I’ve played 200+ hours of this game since the closed beta began and can write up my thoughts on any of the other maps if you’re interested.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Anything you feel like writing up i'm copy pasting to a word document that i can look over/recite to the friends i drag kicking and screaming into this game.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I'm still playing this, it's still actually really good. Last update bugged out dima's launcher apparently? The new rogue is pretty fun. The perk rebalancing seem okay. I don't play much demo but winning 9 rounds just seems like a loving slog. As an aside i don't know anything about dr disrespect except for "STUPID MISTAKES." But he has a 20 dollar skin in the game if you're into that and a 20 dollar equipment and weapon skin pack. So you know, that's a thing.

Roco, the game for Dr.disrespect fans, you know those two weeks they payed him to play the game.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
It's not a good game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

canada jezus posted:

I'm still playing this, it's still actually really good. Last update bugged out dima's launcher apparently? The new rogue is pretty fun. The perk rebalancing seem okay. I don't play much demo but winning 9 rounds just seems like a loving slog. As an aside i don't know anything about dr disrespect except for "STUPID MISTAKES." But he has a 20 dollar skin in the game if you're into that and a 20 dollar equipment and weapon skin pack. So you know, that's a thing.

Roco, the game for Dr.disrespect fans, you know those two weeks they payed him to play the game.

https://twitch.tv/gummybearvomit this is my goto Twitch streamer for Rogue Company, if you want to watch a normal functional human being play the game. Rogue Company is pretty much all they play. Game is indeed still good. It's really the only tactical shooter I can tolerate. Good balance between Rainbow Six Siege / Counter-Strike / Valorant.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Picked this up for switch yesterday. As its cross platform I thought I'd get bodied by m+k users but I did pretty well. Idk maybe matchmaking prioritizes same platforms but I didn't find aiming too tricky with sticks and gyro aiming. Dallas' reveal ability seems super good and I've just played him so far

While I've got my posting boots on: do bullets penetrate walls at all, and does melee one shot? The melee button is kinda awkward so havent really tried it yet

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

No bullet penetration as far as I’m aware, and melee doesn’t one-shot. But throwing a melee weapon will down in one shot if it hits.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Even thin metal railings will stop bullets if you hit the metal part, you can aim between them though. Thrown melee does 100 damage and so one shots people without armor. Double upgraded (or is it the first upgrade? i can't remember) does 150 and so one shots armor wearers.

With the economy nerfs, Kestrel's passive is way more noticeable, especially in strikeout.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Bump to let everyone know this games on steam now with cross-save.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Maybe it's just because I'm old and my reflexes suck, but the "less hardcore Valorant" thing is actually really working for me on this game. There's still lots of interesting tactics and builds, but I don't have to have pinpoint perfect accuracy at 50 feet while micromanaging my money EVERY TIME to win a game.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Yeah that's the appeal of it for me, you can still plan and execute strategically to win, and it's actually more important to play smart and execute a plan than it is to let your aim bail you out of dumb plays.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Buddy's insane 2v1 clutch to win a round:

https://streamable.com/3l7830

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

I have a new favorite move.

Start round. Pick Sigrid. Buy sticky grenade.

Try to flank, wait until I'm close to them, pull out the riot shield, run straight at them, and just attach the grenade to one of their faces.

Watch as they panic, shoot at me uselessly, then finish them off execution style with the pistol.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

The sticky grenade has been busted for so long and they keep “fixing” the wrong issues, namely that it basically has no wind-up so you can get 0-framed by it as soon as someone decides to use it which is a bonkers bad design for a close-quarters explosive.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Free goody pack on the epic game store. Scorch, switchblade, 20k battlepass xp, imp switchblade skin. Redeem on epic game store and launch at least once. (I play via steam).

Dont really like the health regen changes this patch but its not tooo bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

canada jezus posted:

Free goody pack on the epic game store. Scorch, switchblade, 20k battlepass xp, imp switchblade skin. Redeem on epic game store and launch at least once. (I play via steam).

Dont really like the health regen changes this patch but its not tooo bad.

I love the regen change on paper although I haven't tried it out yet. An LTM with no regen might be fun actually.