Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ozymandius1024 posted:

ain't nothing wrong with Fury Road :)

I wish this was the review quote on the Blu-Ray case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
WITNESS HIM! :mad:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Just catching the end of Mad Max (for the first time) - is there a reason half the stunts look like stop-motion?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fentry posted:

I'm predicting a time limit draw for Cody vs Scorpio Sky

This is my feeling. Scorpio goes to the limit, then gets a rematch at the PPV with either a longer time limit or no time limit.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Die Hard
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Con Air
John Wick
Mad Max Fury Road

Aliens is a war movie and I'd give honorable mention to The Rock. Also First Blood as a kind of anti-action movie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

blunt posted:

Just catching the end of Mad Max (for the first time) - is there a reason half the stunts look like stop-motion?

Practical instead of CG.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Practical instead of CG.

I see. Jurassic Park it is not.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

blunt posted:

they would film a guy taking a bump in front of a green screen and composite it into the final frame

it's one of the best movies ever made

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Jerusalem posted:

I wish this was the review quote on the Blu-Ray case.

And they can even use it for free!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Fury Road is so good even the last ten minutes edited for cable is still decent.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Nathan Jones either just had or will have his triumphant moment ripping an engine block from its mounts and screaming his own name. this is how you get someone over Vince.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I haven't seen this since I saw it in the theaters and this movie rules but that action scene looked a lot better on a big rear end screen.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

CobiWann posted:

Die Hard
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Con Air
John Wick
Mad Max Fury Road

Aliens is a war movie and I'd give honorable mention to The Rock. Also First Blood as a kind of anti-action movie.

that's a fine fist of film

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wish we could get a fury road sequel to follow the adventures of mad max and furiosa

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Why would you play any other movies if you own the rights to the best action movie made?

TNT got rights to The Raid?

bartok
May 10, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

wish we could get a fury road sequel to follow the adventures of mad max and furiosa

Not the same but supposedly a Furiosa prequel is in the works.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gaz-L posted:

This is my feeling. Scorpio goes to the limit, then gets a rematch at the PPV with either a longer time limit or no time limit.

Maybe this is a terrible idea coming off of a draw, but I kind of like a 2/3 Falls match for a PPV rematch if that’s the way they go.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
excited for the flash of light :)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bartok posted:

im down for that too!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm very scared that when Cody loses tonight (or at All Out) and MJF wins at All Out it's setting up MJF/Cody 2 at Full Gear.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

I prefer Raid 2 but mostly because of that crazy rear end knife fight at the end.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Maybe this is a terrible idea coming off of a draw, but I kind of like a 2/3 Falls match for a PPV rematch if that’s the way they go.

Just redo the Omega/Okada angle, Scorpio asks for no time limit, Cody is an arrogant SOB and demands 2/3 falls, wins the first in like 10 minutes and then loses 2 in a row.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

that'd be sick actually, but also if i'm TNT i'm like "why ain't our TNT title changing hands on our TNT network? :confused:"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dimebags Brain posted:

The Protector is better

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

they're doing a prequel but that already exists as an episode of child's show Re:Boot

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

change both titles tonight, god dammit

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
LIGHT THE FUSE!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

excited for the flash of light :)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

bartok posted:

they've been saying this for a while and George Miller is finishing up another movie right now. dude's like 80 now and a movie like a Fury Road sequel is going to take a good 2-3 years with all the pre and post production. I very much doubt it ever happens :sad:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

actually i'd really enjoy the dynamics of a scorpio sky/cody 2/3 falls match,

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

bartok posted:

I prefer Raid 2 but mostly because of that crazy rear end knife fight at the end.

Raid 2 might actually be my favorite movie. Every loving fight scene just goes harder and harder until you get to the end which as a stand-alone fight is pretty much tied with the end of Drunken Master 2 for best ever. Also I like the crime story giving a better and more meaningful frame to all the crazy fights even if it's pretty basic.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm really excited for tonight, I'm feeling way less tired than I have been the last few weeks and can't wait to do some posts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hell yeah it's Dynamite time!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LIGHT THE FUSE

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Light the fuse, hug the dudes

DYNAMITE

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I hope they never change the Dynamite theme

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I was able to pick up my bike from the shop and make it home in time for Dynamite! :woop:

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

JR, Tony...and Taz. 😔

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

oh hell yeah this match is going to loving slap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

luther spotting!

oh wow fans!

uh i wish they were spread out more though :/