Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Strawberry posted:

Don't forget beverage delivery! This is great if you want to be home every night and have a relatively stable schedule. I've been driving for a regional independent Pepsi distributor for 3 years now. I got my CDL from my previous job, which had me home one day a week.

Pros:
- Home every night
- Consistent schedule
- Most places pay drivers $20/hour to start (this varies, some distributors are union, some not)
- Meet all kinds of people, great if you are new to town
- Lots of overtime in the summer
- Keeps you in shape! I'm down roughly 20lbs since I started this job
- Mostly recession/Covid proof. People will still buy beer and pop. The restaurant/bar side of the business has taken a dive, but retail is booming. People are buying more pop and beer to drink at home, hence the can shortage
- Advance into a sales role where you can be the one with the iPad that orders all this poo poo for the store

Cons:
- Its physical. Lots of lifting, working cases to the shelf, using a hand truck to wheel in a stack of 20oz-ers into a convenience store, etc. At least its not furniture!
- Long hours in the summer. Hours cut back in the winter. My employer is good about keeping us around 40 in the winter, we can help out in the warehouse or whatever
- City driving, having to back into some lovely spots, parking at small gas stations and the like. Most grocery stores have docks, some don't.
- Occasional lovely store management/receiving clerks/the one guy who always says "you can just load that up in my car :dadjoke:"
- Keeping invoices accurate, collecting payments, some accounts pay cash. I hate carrying around checks and cash. I wish it was all charge.
- Getting blamed for what your sales rep brings in, or getting blamed for being out of diet Mtn Dew. Hey man, I just deliver the poo poo!

Any other questions feel free to ask!

When I was a kid, a guy on my street's dad drove for pepsi.
Dude had a soda fountain in his garage! It was fuckin sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU