Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
...that you can obsess over way beyond their seeming importance. Like, from the past few years. Because while I am not sure if this thread will take off as the topic is something you might have to think about, but it's broad enough to feel the excitement of sharing or learning something new.

For me? This dude, hands down:

Mouse from HBO's Euphoria. Seriously this is like the Nolan Joker of generic Mexican cartel members. In this case because he is so ambiguous and broadly painted. Not that he might secretly have a heart of gold. You know he would have raped Rue if Fexco so much as happened to not have double the price on him then and there. What you don't know is why. Is have just a sociopath who would have enjoyed having sex with a girl whether she was passed out or not? And that $600 was what the experience was worth to him? Or is he loving with his boy to pressure him to sell fentanyl and teach him never to say no to him or maybe the little kid gets it next time? Maybe your paralyzed nanna?

Plus you have no idea how he gets away with it. You just know he does this poo poo all the time. How? You're doing it to other drug dealers you see right in front of you are staying strapped. Is he careful to only do it to kids and low-level non-sociopath dealers you who you know won't do poo poo when you take it to max-level, life-and-death stakes? Does he not care? Or in a series where minor characters have back stories implied in their first appearances, does the same apply for this dude? He could be a cartel member everyone knows is someone's cousin and yeah you could shoot him to save your friend from getting raped but that does mean your whole family is getting violently raped by knives and then dismembered, and everyone knows this? Like Rue says "I didn't know his dude was going to be this dude" like yeah maybe even her manic rear end would have stayed in the other room.

The show literally doesn't care at this point. It's not at all important to what the generic thug with face tats is doing on screen at this point. And that's wonderful.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Euphoria is a good television show

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Kim Wexler

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dirt Bike Kid from the Jellies is pretty cool.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Darius from Atlanta

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Pickle Rick. I'm Pickle Riiiiiiick.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kim Wexler and Paper Boi are definitely up there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Escobarbarian posted:

Euphoria is a good television show

A very good show. To the point that it's tempting to use superlatives, but that seems less significant than simply saying I am glad this is a part of my life now.

Hilariously I almost gave it a pass, twice. First when it was blowing up. The pictures of so many characters made me presume this was an artsy sketch-piece show. Then even after the first episode I was tempted to call it a day. I just wasn't convinced that it wasn't the story of Bubbles from The Wire told through the lens of OZ.

Then Stunting Like My Daddy comes on in Episode Two and I am like No, HBO is the company and Zendaya the boss.