Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
A Japanese investor once got so mad at a videogame that he briefly made the publisher's share price take a dip

https://www.pcgamer.com/investor-ragequits-square-enix-over-final-fantasy-xiv-sells-1-of-the-company/

quote:

Square-Enix share prices took a mysterious dive recently, but what was first assumed to be a misplaced stock sale was allegedly down to the actions of one disgruntled investor, who decided to sell his $26 million worth of shares in one go in protest at the release state of Final Fantasy XIV. It's the ultimate ragequit.

As reported over at Massively , it's estimated that the unnamed Japanese investor sold approximately 1% of the company at an estimated value of $26 million in protest over the quality of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

seeing that a company put out a lovely product and trying to pull your money out ahead of the curve isnt a ragequit as the article calls it
if it was a good game and he was just mad at getting his rear end kicked int it that would be it

im not sure if youre aware of this but putting out a lovely product is a v profitable business model especially in games

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

barnold posted:

I was still pretty young when AVGN first started making videos in like 2004, and he made me believe it was cool to drink Rolling Rock. It is NOT loving cool to drink Rolling Rock. Rolling Rock is for poo poo rear end fux

I'm sorry but I'm going to need you to rephase this in a form such as, "Rolling Rock is a loving shitload of rear end" or "Rolling Rock is poo poo from my loving rear end" etc.