Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jacobus Spades
Oct 29, 2004

Oh wow!

Do you have a lot of individual devices on your network? I had a similar issue recently with the same model of router after installing an array of smart home devices. Slower speeds than my ISP's plan, intermittent slowdowns and disconnects that didn't make any sense, and I confirmed with the ISP that the problem was on my end.

After some more monitoring/troubleshooting I ended up narrowing it down to the router and replaced it with an A20 which solved the issue. As best I can tell the router simply couldn't negotiate the large number of devices on the network and was probably juggling them based on some sort of automatic prioritizing, intermittently dropping packets and/or the connection entirely at random intervals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU