Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He needs a meaningful feud and also a cool finisher. One man magic killer ain't doing it for me.

Yeah, Kip’s hanging suplex finisher just looks weak. It’s both more complicated and less impactful than a regular suplex.

The rope hang works for Orton’s DDT or MJF’s piledriver because the amount of height for the drop is equal or greater than a normal one, on a suplex they’re just being dropped from half the height.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Dacap posted:

Yeah, Kip’s hanging suplex finisher just looks weak. It’s both more complicated and less impactful than a regular suplex.

The rope hang works for Orton’s DDT or MJF’s piledriver because the amount of height for the drop is equal or greater than a normal one, on a suplex they’re just being dropped from half the height.

I think it usually looks really good (most times he gets a very good snap on it), but it shouldn't be his finisher.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

rotinaj posted:

edit: I realize it's probably impossible right now due to the heat, but I love the visual of the dark order on the entranceway stage and wish theyd do that for every dark order match, all match long

Tangentially related, do you think that sometime in 2022 when crowds are back (I know, I know, I'm being crazy optimistic) that they'll move the hard camera back or is facing the ramp the new normal?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rantmo posted:

Tangentially related, do you think that sometime in 2022 when crowds are back (I know, I know, I'm being crazy optimistic) that they'll move the hard camera back or is facing the ramp the new normal?

I would assume it would be based around how it looks, AEW doesn't have problems adapting for different venues and making things look unique.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

rantmo posted:

I like it this way. It makes runins more fun. I like how AEW shoots the show.

Also, has Jon Cruz been hired yet? Dude is out there putting in the work as two frickin' guys at least, he deserves the stability of a contract.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

There's a ton of ads for Dynamite during the TNT playoff coverage

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

rotinaj posted:

I like it this way. It makes runins more fun. I like how AEW shoots the show.

Same, and they're really making use of that space for storytelling and extra violence. I don't know that the traditional long ramp would really allow for that view and use, though a shorter one like they used at Revolution would split the difference nicely and also they should bring back the light-up ramp and third screen.

rotinaj posted:

Also, has Jon Cruz been hired yet? Dude is out there putting in the work as two frickin' guys at least, he deserves the stability of a contract.

He's also trained a ton of the younger talent we've seen this year.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/swoleworld/status/1296242227652501505?s=21

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

blunt posted:

That one piece is being booked on TV more than once every 6 weeks.

His push kind of got ruined by the whole Havoc thing, he was having good matches tagging with Havoc but then it turned out Havoc is a terrible person and is no longer employed. Now they need to figure out either a new tag partner or something to do solo.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Know what is the best thing about AEW going into the next few shows?

:miedo:

Pentagon is back

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

rotinaj posted:

Know what is the best thing about AEW going into the next few shows?

:miedo:

Pentagon is back

Really interested in seeing Penta and Fenix do something. Yesterday's dark implied they're done with The Butcher and The Blade, but there's still one more 8-man tag set for this week. Maybe they'll turn on them and stat a feud.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

22 Eargesplitten posted:

His push kind of got ruined by the whole Havoc thing, he was having good matches tagging with Havoc but then it turned out Havoc is a terrible person and is no longer employed. Now they need to figure out either a new tag partner or something to do solo.

Put him back with TH2 and let them feud with Jungle Express.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MorningMoon posted:

Really interested in seeing Penta and Fenix do something. Yesterday's dark implied they're done with The Butcher and The Blade, but there's still one more 8-man tag set for this week. Maybe they'll turn on them and stat a feud.

It's still insane to me that they weren't the first tag team champs and have to take a backseat to FTR, who aren't as interesting or good.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Kenny vs Pac was so loving good. What a finish.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CombineThresher posted:

It's still insane to me that they weren't the first tag team champs and have to take a backseat to FTR, who aren't as interesting or good.

I'm still holding out hope that the FTR thing is a misdirect and the Lucha Bros win the titles just before All Out, and take down the FTR by the books then, prompting the horsemen to show up and beat up the champs.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CombineThresher posted:

:agreed:

I just finished watching Dark and now am gonna watch All Out on youtube. AEW makes it really easy to be a fan.

edit:

MorningMoon posted:

I'm still holding out hope that the FTR thing is a misdirect and the Lucha Bros win the titles just before All Out, and take down the FTR by the books then, prompting the horsemen to show up and beat up the champs.

:bisonyes:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Lucha Bros are gonna win the titles at some point and it's gonna rule. But I also like FTR.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

CombineThresher posted:

To be fair B+B weren't signed until after the tournament started :colbert:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/codyrhodes/status/1296262980183756800?s=21

This better NOT end up like the Chris Bey thing.

Edit: added key word

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 20, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shows up on WWE then signs with TNA?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

lol brain forgot a word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU