Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I cant figure out what they were trying to get across with Frankey Cazzarion watching from the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, good, ok.

Sign up the women who’ve had good showings on Dark and the Tag Tournament while you’re at it and get us some decent women’s stories for the run from All Out to Full Gear. There’s no reason they can’t have two angles running simultaneously between Shida, Nyla, Britt, Penelope & Swole plus the addition of like Savoy, Ellering & Diamanté or Ivelisse (assuming any of them are interested). Meanwhile, let Abadon and Anna Jay get reps on Dark, and bring Tay Conti in for Dark a few more times as well and see if she can develop any.

International travel probably isn’t happening again for a while, so they’ve gotta figure something out.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 13, 2020

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Enjoyable episode. Bucks vs. Uno/Grayson was a lot of fun. Uno/Grayson did a lot of really cool tag stuff and I really hope they get a chance to pick up some big wins down the line.

Excited for Brodie vs. Cody, hopefully it'll lead to Brodie picking up the belt. Would be kind of neat if it somehow led to Colt beating Brodie for the belt way down the line, but idk.

Fun seeing RNR Express out there with Tully and Arn. Even cooler seeing them bump for FTR. Being able to spike piledrive Ricky Morton had to be one of the coolest things they did in their career. Tully did a great job getting rid of Arn and then distracting the Bucks with Spears just long enough for FTR's attack then Spears' smiling after seeing the damage. Fascinating story so far. Really liked Tully's promo too.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

After this loss, I'm hoping that Sky does get a storyline and more time on Dynamite.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Good episode, a shame about the horrible humidity/heat they had to wrestle in. And yeah, i'll take OC's win, but he deserved for the pin to be less sloppy than it was, i'm blaming both the humidity and Jericho being beefy and not being able to bend the way he needed to.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

smikey posted:

Cage match

You mean like a triple threat or...?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Should they do a stip for Cassidy/Jericho 3?

First juice match (no they shouldn't really do this)

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

IcePhoenix posted:

You mean like a triple threat or...?

No, bring back the giant cage for the second AEW cage match

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He's had like eight matches so far dude

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

I cant figure out what they were trying to get across with Frankey Cazzarion watching from the audience.

I assume SCU challenging for the tag belts again

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jericho looked awful.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
free halloween idea: Adam Fangman Page who stays home alone with the lights off (to avoid covid superspreaders) and drinks

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Davros1 posted:

I gave them this name on a WWE game a long time ago ...

https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1293703850743005191?s=20

this is cool

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I assume SCU challenging for the tag belts again

They just lost to Butchher & The Blade on Dark this week, so it’ll take a minute to get them there.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I think Jericho found the weight Evil Uno lost.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

dynamite fuckin slaps. weird finishes tonight, but i'm always pretty confident they'll steer the ship to good places. put shida on the mic more and give her a feud, she needs it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

Early shot of Japanese Deathmatch Legend Luther. Still no Excalibur. They need to make Toney full play by play, he's already driving.

1) Young Bucks vs Uno and Stu. Early assault from the Dark Order henchmen. Hot start that adds peril to the match. Stu Grayson stays on my Mount Rushmore of underappreciated AEW guys. Uno shouldn't be slept on either. The midair catch into German suplex was fantastic. JR you don't need to make the Dick Grayson joke every time. Angelico just lounging on a box in the background is great. This is a wild and fun match to start. One of the little things that Dynamite does that I love: they always start with a red hot match, giving people incentive to tune in from the start. This was such a clever hero finish

Wardlow. MJF walking with his entourage. He does the self important Candidate thing superbly.

I hate when they say Shida is "in action", because it means "squashing a jobber"

Loved the Hangman / Omega "greatest tag team of all time" spot.

MJF doing the candidate thing again. Love Sabian supporting him in the crowd. MJF's lovely nicknames for Moxley are great. Sailing a bit close to the wind with the "look up at the lights" comment. Goddamn, the camera work on this is outstanding. GO TO THE BUMS! GET THAT IDIOT! Mox has the Stone Cold thing down perfectly. He has an efficiency of movement and action that is superb, no wasted motion.

Matt Hardy interview, kind of poorly mic'ed. Good that they confirmed on air that Dynamite is Saturday. Matt was decently unhinged here.

2) Cody vs Scorpio Sky. This needs to be Sky's time. The "Kick the door down" spot was great, but the door should have come down on "SKY". Love the symbolism of Cody with his entourage and Sky as a lone wolf. Cody is basically working positional heel here. "Prince of Pro Wrestling" is a heel moniker. Oh hey, Mike Chioda! Big Fight Feel in full effect. Sky starts off hot and wild. For all that I sometimes rag on him, Cody is great at making an opponent feel important. Wow, the submission spots are really making Cody look like a bad guy here. This is a hell of a singles match. Toney, Sky was half of the first tag team champions, not just first African American tag champ. KICK OUT OF CROSS RHODES! That's a king-making moment. This is a methodical match, but it's really really good. Until... gently caress. I really wanted Sky to win. That's left me a bit deflated.

Ooh, Mr Brodie as next challenger? With the old belt? Nice.

3) Jurassic Express vs Cowboy Bebop. Hi, Bryce! Kenny starting off aggressive against Jungle Boy. Marko doing his yappy dog thing. Kenny in tights that don't suck. Match start is a little scrappy but the action is fun throughout. While he's never going to be the fastest, Luchasaurus has a combination of power and athleticism that's utterly compelling. The continuation of the Marko / Kenny feud is fun. Kenny being half of the best tag team in AEW sometimes makes you forget that he's probably the best singles wrestler in the whole company. Jungle Boy is just so fast and athletic and charismatic to watch. This was the ending I was expecting but boy was it a fun match.

Proud and Powerful wrecking Dustin and Greg's luggage is fun.

Butcher and Blade look like cats on a hot day, wilting in the heat.

Tag Team Appreciation Night. Matt Jackson is a bit too ego polishing here. Dax is pretty decent on the mic. Ricky Morton can still talk, but he gets a bit lost here. Tully gives a pretty effective wake up call here. He's awfully good at the truth telling element. Segment ending was a bit chaotic, too many moving parts.

Hahaha, Jericho's jacket is more horribly orange every time.

Sammy doing the cards again. The chat with the camera guy was unintentionally great.

4) Hikaru Shida vs... Heather Monroe? Heather gets a hot start, which is probably the only way to shoot your shot in a Shida match. Crikey, this is a lot more back and forth than I was expecting... until the submission finisher of course. And still no challenger for All Out

Lance murdering people behind Jake is great. Lance writing things on Jake is weird.

Ooh, putting All Out 2019 on youtube for free? Nice.

And the women's tournament final on Dynamite? That's cool.

5) Chris Jericho vs Orange Cassidy. Surprisingly fast start. Cassidy's flying shoulder is flat out beautiful. The match wasn't as spectacular as their last one but still compelling. Cassidy showing some real innovation here with things like the dragon screw. Love some of the Chioda spots here. Huge Red Shoes energy as he grabs the bat. Boo to Hager coming in, yay to Orange kicking out. ORANGE WINS! The ending wasn't pretty, but Orange by god Cassidy has a pinfall victory over Chris Jericho.

I wasn't feeling Dynamite as much this week as last, but all told this was a remarkably fun show.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jericho couldn't keep up with....Orange Cassidy...

kinda time to start wrapping it up at that point.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
what the gently caress was going on with those dragon screws

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

dodgeblan posted:

what the gently caress was going on with those dragon screws

There were two or three things, including the finish, where it looked like Jericho had no idea how to take the move.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope everyone who ragged on Riho for being a part-time champ is ready to apologise because she still had more screentime and stories than Shida's had :colbert:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Lamuella posted:

JR you don't need to make the Dick Grayson joke every time.

I'm way more forgiving of JR than most people here, but this is one thing he does that just gets on my last nerve. He's got a handful of "jokes" that, despite getting no reaction, he feels obligated to repeat EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. a wrestler is on screen. The Dick Grayson thing is one. Though I didn't hear it tonight, for the longest time, every time Orange Cassidy would show up, he'd say something about "I bet he has the bottoms cut out of his pockets"... Just over and over again.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

I can't wait for you to apologise for being so stupid.

Guess when you own the place the "no antagonistic posting" and "no name calling" rules don't apply to you.

Yukaichiban fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 13, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Out

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Happy to have my first Stan on here. You don't have to cry under everything I post. Y'know, just wanna make sure you don't drive you wife... Wait you're an obsessive wrestling fan, uh, body pillow off a bridge.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:mrgw:

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Ooooo an emoji. Cute.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Yukaichiban posted:

Happy to have my first Stan on here. You don't have to cry under everything I post. Y'know, just wanna make sure you don't drive you wife... Wait you're an obsessive wrestling fan, uh, body pillow off a bridge.

you have weird crazy brains and should seek professional help

anyway I liked the show a lot and had lots of fun drinking beer and eating crostini w/ brie

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Yukaichiban posted:

Yukaichiban posted:

Ooooo an emoji. Cute.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's not too late to just throw the account away and start over.

Anyway I watched the Jericho/OC match again and I liked it better the second time but it really felt like Jericho just was not feeling it out there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hiram posted:

It's not too late to just throw the account away and start over.

Please don't advise someone to give Lowtax money

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Rarity posted:

Please don't advise someone to give Lowtax money

I just meant to go away and find something better to do.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I had to look up a correctly executed mousetrap and then the finish of OC/Jericho again, and I think Jericho was just so tired he straight up fell in the wrong direction

OC deserves credit for still making it look like a plausible pin

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Brodie really should win the TNT belt next Saturday, just so Dark Order can start getting all the belts.

I also found the cut from Shida’s spot to Archer’s spot kinda funny.

Shida:’I will take on anyone!’
Smashcut to Archer
Archer: ‘I will take on that challenge!’

Archer as Women’s champ would be something, I guess. They are both getting as much attention lately.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
So is Cody gonna heel it up against Brodie Lee? The story feels a bit muddled here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meadowhill posted:

So is Cody gonna heel it up against Brodie Lee? The story feels a bit muddled here

Cody was never not a face

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

enigmahfc posted:

Shida:’I will take on anyone!’
Smashcut to Archer
Archer: ‘I will take on that challenge!’

Archer as Women’s champ would be something, I guess. They are both getting as much attention lately.

Bold of you to assume Archer would beat Shida.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Power Windows posted:

Bold of you to assume Archer would beat Shida.

But...:.but, everybody dies.....

I read it on Jake’s back.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I love that the MFJ/Moxley feud isn't a cliché "Heel beats down the face for weeks" thing. MJF shouldn't be getting the upper hand on Moxley, it should be exactly like it was last night - he's such a little worm that he gets under Moxley's skin and might make him slip up.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I love that the MFJ/Moxley feud isn't a cliché "Heel beats down the face for weeks" thing. MJF shouldn't be getting the upper hand on Moxley, it should be exactly like it was last night - he's such a little worm that he gets under Moxley's skin and might make him slip up.

I still maintain that Mox shouldn't have gotten his hands on MJF until All Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Archer says that everybody dies but Matt Hardy frequently said that he will not die. Which is it? Not much point of everyone dying if there's an immortal Matt Hardy