Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like cage gets slightly bigger in that same picture every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

Daily's Place is a great venue but it'll be good when the weather and humidity lets up, it's clearly affecting some of them.

its gonna get worse before it gets better. if this is as active a hurricane season as NOAA is predicting it will be, i wouldn't be shocked if we have a number of dynamites taping from Undisclosed Inland Location

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Davros1 posted:

I gave them this name on a WWE game a long time ago ...

https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1293703850743005191?s=20

this is cool

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tbh if njpw is just never gonna be in the cards i kinda wish they'd form something with dragongate, although them using CIMA probably made things weird politically

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rotinaj posted:

drat, I really liked her. :( But you're right. She even had a whole "I nearly got stuck in Europe forever and could never live my dream until AEW" storyline, and now... Well.

Maybe the reason for AEW's lower ratings was because it was tag appreciation night. :smug: Tag teams don't draw, brother.

the truth is there is one wrestler who was on the roster last week who wasnt this week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

Who cares about dragongate, officially announce the alliance with CyberAgent's stable of wrestling companies!

this is probably the logistically easiest and best move. especially if you can move guys that dont really have a spot in aew to hoss it up in Noah or DDT, get some of the greener women into TJPW....yeah i think this is the direction they should go in for japanese partnership

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

July was supposed to be the start of a UK and Irish tour

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

plus fight for the fallen was originally tapped for the tour and would have been their first supercard on the isles

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

...kip sabian is like, right there

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

plus im sure tony khan probably has a decent relationship with many venue management firms and wouldn't have too much trouble promoting locally. im also talking out of my rear end but they'd probably run their main supercard for the tour at craven cottage, other tenants schedule permitting.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if they do dynamite in 'Peg they need to hold a Goldenboy Cup match between kenny and jericho with the winner receiving a trophy shaped like The Goldenboy, with Goldenboy on commentary.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dunno i kind of like the current pace. keeps me engaged week to week and not like im completely lost if i miss an episode here or there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope cody wins

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lets go matt

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

I honestly believe Hangman would be on his way right now if covid hadn't happened

large agree.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no no no, they'll have him wearing it for the viewing, but then switch it for his weight belt when its time to lower the casket.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the ps5 and XSX are both confirmed backwards compatible (the disc-drive versions at least) so it's not a complete loss/waste to develop for current gen. this is gonna be capcom's first "sports" franchise so it will be interesting to see if they do a yearly model or a legacy title with dlc updates issued periodically to have an updating roster. the way they treat fighting games seems to point to the second model, and i don't necessarily hate it, especially if the dlc wrestlers (im in straight theory mode here) wind up being legends of the ring instead of holding back vital roster members to ensure you'll sell character packs (ie no hangman at launch, in dlc wave 1, proud n powerful in wave 2, etc)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still usually wait 2-3 years into a console generation before buying one to make sure the hardware issues are worked out/the price has dropped by the time i get one. plus by then whichever console i get has a pretty well established library.

i dunno which way im gonna lean for next gen, its definitely gonna depend on the games. i think i lean ps5 but nothing's locked in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its weird how the dreamcast is considered a failure (really its only a failure due to the distrust in the market sega earned during their constant waffling between the 16 and 32 bit transition era and the poisonous relationship between sega of japan and sega of america and their inability to communicate) but the console itself is beloved seemingly universally by gamers. it was def my favorite console of its gen even though it died early and it did kill me on the inside to see the good dreamcast games get ported to other consoles and get ignored :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Have I missed some kind of concrete AEW game news or is everyone on the speculative “they’re doing Capcom x AEW shirts so clearly Capcom are doing the game” train and deciding that’s fact?

just speculation but the relationship makes sense especially with kenny omega and ceo being often linked to aew and to capcom.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

can someone tweet at kenny or tony or aubrey and find out im not on twitter anymore and cant do it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

xbilkis posted:

Now I’m thinking about how cool it was when PAC got Nyla to attack Riho to get at Kenny...

Feel like pure poo poo just want him back

this was a cool bit of storyline threading i really liked and im sad we havent seen too much of it continued

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Germansimp posted:

Show was okay, the first match was a bit of a mess with all the Brandi action figure stuff not having any consequences but Swole hears Britt somewhere far away in a dark barely lit place and completely forgets about the match before its too late. Second match was definitely the better one, and TayJay really showed a lot of potential.

Though I will say I was a bit distracted in that match when Tony called something a "Back Leg Front Kick" and I suddenly had flashbacks to Eric Bischoff's commentary at Souled Out.

he did this during dark too, i feel like it HAS to be intentional

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i'd say conti's rapid improvement over what appears to be a couple of weeks compared to her four years in the performance center is a MASSIVE indictment against that system

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

That reminds me of Alex Silver(?) corpsing a couple weeks ago and Mr. Brodie screaming at him to stop crying. Beautiful cover :)

(long) john silver

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody is like my 3rd favorite guy on aew I love that dude

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1. ortiz
2. hangman
3. cody
4. pentagon jr.
5. santana

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alan Belcher is my all time favorite fighter

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

None of you having Britt on your list is shameful

she's #6 on mine it was real close

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Tony is the perfect color guy, because he's always just enthusiastic and thrilled to be involved in wrestling again. JR is still jaded and horny and doesn't care about a whole lot of the undercard. Tazz has the knowledge but half the enthusiasm.

Veda/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for the Undercard
Tazz/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for the mid-card
Ross/Excalibur/Tony is perfect for big matches and southern-style blood feuds

AEW is still kinda getting their footing but they're really leaning into WCW at their peak's commentary. Excalibur is the best all-around guy they've got, Tony is still great at his job, they just need to find a good mix of their all-around Bobby the Brain/Extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic Mike Tenay/Insane Dusty Rhodes/Insane Mongo/and faux analytical Larry.

Also bring back the slow-mo replays/break-downs after the match highlights because Excalibur and Tazz would kill that.

taz was always funny for those things.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

colin delaney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he and lee johnson should have a best of 7 series and get mic time on aew programming, not twitter or some other place where nobody will see it