Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Daily's Place is a great venue but it'll be good when the weather and humidity lets up, it's clearly affecting some of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

its gonna get worse before it gets better. if this is as active a hurricane season as NOAA is predicting it will be, i wouldn't be shocked if we have a number of dynamites taping from Undisclosed Inland Location

Hopefully they spring for the swab tests if they move indoors.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJF pissing off Mox to the point that he uses the (now banned) paradigm shift sounds like a fantastic angle to me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Perfect opportunity to bring the DEATH RIDER to AEW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

So what do you think the reasoning for FTR is attacking the Express? To gently caress with the Bucks? To just show they are insincere dicks? Also I loved how sad and confused Hangman looked when he came out.

"Whats are you guys doing?"

Desperately trying to prove themselves to Arn and Tully (mostly Tully)?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

So here's a question. If Dynamite is postponed until Saturday next week, is there an appetite for a communal Wednesday night rewatch of the first half of All Out?

I only really got into AEW when Dynamite started (though I did watch Fight for The Fallen) and usually can't participate in the live threads 'cause I'm on the west coast so I'd love that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ICR posted:

Bea Priestley and Jimmy Havoc no longer have bios on the AEW Roster page.

Edit: Maybe more? Sadie Gibbs no longer listed either.

Sadie took it out of her bio too. That'd be a shame, but understandable.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Sadie’s tweeting that she was released rather than a contract run out.

Sadie had some really bad luck. She was due to move to the US and start training with QT before covid hit.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, I think they'll keep PAC and Riho (especially Riho since she'd be snapped up by STARDOM), but could absolutely see Shanna getting cut. This should free them up to hire Tay, Rachel, and Nicole though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smikey posted:

Riho is in STARDOM, AEW was always her side gig.

Riho is a freelancer, I'm saying she'd likely be signed full-time by STARDOM if AEW lets her go.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

To be fair so is Earl Hebner.

I don't think Earl ever got released, did he?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Anyone know when Jericho recorded his podcast with Conrad that dropped today? He's congested as gently caress :tinfoil:

Would he have come down with Bischoff during the last set of tapings?

Edit: Oh wait, listened to a bit of it, Conrad isn't there in person. So who the gently caress knows.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you think you're coming down with Bischoff you should really self-isolate for 14 days.

Bischoff is a frequently recurring disease.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I feel like if you can eat natto you can handle baked beans.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I Before E posted:

I've been reminiscing about where the women's division was in February, with Nyla and Riho fully established as the stars of the division and Kris, Britt, Bea, Shida, Yuka and Swole all being developed as prominent characters and it's wild how much of that was lost entirely due to COVID making it so the overseas talent couldn't come over and Swole had to protect herself at home for basically the whole Georgia set of shows due to being immunocompromised. I keep wondering where the division would be now if that plus Kris and Britt getting injured in such quick succession hadn't come down on them.

Even losing most of the international talent the division was still in a decent spot. Unfocused and lacking stories, but getting decent time in the ring.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I hope Tony has decided to hire some of the talent from the tournament. Even when Britt comes back they're going to have a real shortage of faces - Rachel and Nicole could help fill out those roles.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Right now the Horsemen story is a big jumbled incredibly entertaining mess.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

If they do some kind of Horsemen type stable I still think Spears "joins" before getting beat down for always failing while being managed by Tully, driving home the point that they're all about winning and that sentimentality means nothing.
If you go with that kind of mentality for them, what about Cody getting beat by Wardlow at All Out and winning the TNT title, FTR winning the tag titles, and MJF winning the world title?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kenny leading the Horsemen would probably give Cornette an aneurysm, so they should do that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Assuming Mox is retaining at all out (which I assume), you could do worse than Mox/Omega II (with heel Kenny) for Big Plat at Full Gear.

If MJF doesn't take it at All Out I'm assuming this is the plan.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jericho announced on his livestream tonight that they apparently know who the guy is who's been leaking the tapings and he will not be invited back.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

I'd hate to interrupt the livestreaming thread with AEW news but

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1294833618368438277

Already deleted. What did it say?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

is pepsi ok posted:

I completely agree but I can't put my finger on what it is he's missing that's keeping him from feeling like a main eventer. Mox 100% feels like a main eventer in a way I can't see in Cody.

Cody was a perfectly credible main eventer (IMO) back in 2019, so I think it's really just a crowd.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Brodie is great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's much more Scientology than WWE at this point. I think he's straight up lifted a few Miscaviage lines.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I have trouble seeing Cody dropping the belt this close to All Out, but I really hope it happens.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

Taz should stay on Dark, JR should be saved for interviews and special occasions, and Veda Scott should take his place.

I would absolutely love if Veda got a permanent spot. She's been fantastic.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

It's gonna own if Brodie wins the belt and it just motivates the rest of Dark Order even more, since they're so proud of him and want him to feel that same joy.

It would also be great if he kept the open challenge concept (at least for a while) as it would be a great way to have somebody from the Dark Order almost beat him. I'd be curious to see if he'd be pissed off or happy about that. Probably happy they took the initiative and managed to improve so much, right?

I think you could also do something where Brodie lee will only give you a TNT shot if you beat some number of the Dark Order, maybe just V and Stu (and 10 if/when he's recovered).

Also there should be a Hangman vs. Brodie ironman match. Not related to this, but I really want to see that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think the ____ AF is lowkey one of my favorite bits. I need them to do it to Hangman and an acoustic guitar sting plays.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do feel like the unfinished belt setup is too good to just throw away.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CobiWann posted:

Over in the WWE thread, someone posted that HHH told Ryback that John Cena was the last marquee name wrestling would ever have.

We all talk about WWE being focused on "the Brand" over superstars. Is AEW always going to be seen as a competing "brand" to WWE, or is there a chance for a legit superstar to become a new household name ala Hogan and Austin?

I don't think it'll ever get to that point again but if someone (hangman) did get extremely over and was approaching that level, I don't think AEW would kneecap them (intentionally) like WWE would.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I kinda like Brandi being obsessed with her action figure.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

QT *has* been around for a while.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Not as upset about the Nightmare Sisters winning their match as I thought I'd be.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Aw man, wanted TayJay to go all the way.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Egos1313/status/1295173474894385153

I hope we see Anthony again. He had some great matches on Dark.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

There are also enough people around to teach her how to put together a match now that she’s out of the Bad Place.

I would 100% not be surprised if her sudden interest in Shibata matches is a Kenny recommendation.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I was really entertained by the action figure spots. That should be Cardona's gimmick.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

No thermal paste though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

Comes pre-applied to the stock coolers these days

Usually, yeah, but it's terrible.