Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I had to look up a correctly executed mousetrap and then the finish of OC/Jericho again, and I think Jericho was just so tired he straight up fell in the wrong direction

OC deserves credit for still making it look like a plausible pin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Every time somebody posts about hiring Rachel, my brain automatically filters it to "Rache" and I wonder what the hell is wrong with you

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Tay could do nothing but elbows and hanging armbars, and she would still be awesome

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I feel like AEW has been spinning its wheels with most of its stories in the past month or so (the sole exception being FTR, but I really do not enjoy FTR at all), and Nightmare Sisters winning the tournament would just be another line item on that list. They've been building up Brandi and Allie on the verge of breaking up for a while now, and I thought tonight was when they'd pull the trigger. If it doesn't happen in the finals, I'm going to be extremely baffled.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah I mean Brandi would have to work for years to be as irritating and awful as Stephanie, but it feels really off and weird that they keep trying to make her unlikable. Why are her storylines constantly coming back to her being a poo poo when she's charismatic and great in front of the camera, ie completely the opposite of Stephanie?

The simplest explanation is "Brandi enjoys being a heel more"

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
With a little bit of development and help from whatever writing staff AEW has, the Nightmare Sisters could work as a full time thing, where they're a heel team composed of two completely different types of heels. The central tension of their team is that as wrestlers they work together very well, but outside of the ring they absolutely hate each other.

Of course, there's two big problems to solve if the Nightmare Sisters sticks around for the long-term. The first is that Allie and Brandi are pretty obviously two of the weakest workers in the women's division, and the second is that they're the only dedicated tag team in the women's division.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Lid posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaFashionista_/status/1295454880107307009?s=20

NO. NO. NO. Anna Jay has as many matches as you have had years and is already better than you.

God help me, this made me laugh several times. Maybe Rache just needs to be put in a manager role.

jesus WEP posted:

I love how they just had to cut that segment where they did because all 3 of them were losing it

I've been a bit cool on BTE recently, but the purestrain stupid in the ending of that sketch ruled.

Speaking of, I kind of unironically enjoyed Brandon's 50+ for 50+ segment. I might secretly be a boomer :ohdear:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Wasn't there definitive proof that NXT matches are choreographed front to back? It seems pretty likely that NXT matches were scripted to not play to Tay's strengths, i.e. hurling people around like it's a fantasy MMA match

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The real reason AEW should sign Tay is so we can get Taz commentating on her matches

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Max Coveri posted:

You could say Sega is the WCW of gaming.

SEGA only exists because a millionaire literally bailed them out on his deathbed.

Wait... WCW, AEW, Tony Khan... :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I want a Dark main event that's a triple threat between Jack Evans, Michael Nakazawa, and Orange Cassidy. No further story or plot necessary. Just book it and let them go wild.