Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I could see Hamilton maybe. I dunno, are Edmonton and Calgary good markets for wrestling anymore?

I think WWE attendance has dropped a fair bit in Alberta. They were in the fancy new arena in Edmonton in 2019 but were in a smaller venue in 2017. They used to run shows yearly or so with some TV and PPVs but lately it's been more sporadic house shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has it outpaced WWE's drop everywhere else though? I feel like we're not too far out from WWE being unable to draw at the Scotiabank Arena here in Toronto and will be relegated to the Coca Cola Coliseum (former Ricoh) for Raws if trends continue.

Then again Toronto fans will pay for anything (Summerslam last year sold out in seconds), so maybe they can run Scotia forever.

I don't know if it's a steeper drop than elsewhere, but the return on investment is lower when you have to travel so far between cities.

Cody has a good relationship with our local promotion (he drew with the champ when he was ROH champ) and AEW talent were regularly taking bookings here pre-COVID, so hopefully they'll run shows up here.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

It's just hyper low body fat + roids, possibly good genetics or possibly he enjoys the pain of torturing himself with that tier of dieting.

And given wrestlers I'm almost certain it's the latter.

I miss PAC :(

He goes by "PAC" because he's had a six pack since he was a teen, but yeah, the current look is pretty extreme.