Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

An outdoor arena is good for mitigating covid concerns, but it's probably not fun to be wrestling in in the middle of August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

So.

- Kenny has done a couple heel turn teases.
- Hangman continuously has friction with the Elite.
- Cody has teased that he's growing more rash, growing more arrogant.
- FTR just loving beat the poo poo outta the Rock'n'Roll Express.
- Tully has told FTR, the Bucks and Arn to go gently caress themselves. Tully has also in the past implied to Spears that if he doesn't stop loving around, Tully will ditch him.
- Lance Archer appears to be growing increasingly impatient with Jake. Jake kinda looks like he's realizing that he's gotten in over his head with Lance.

Dunno how we untangle all this poo poo but it feels like we may be hitting the combustion point soon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Should they do a stip for Cassidy/Jericho 3?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Dango Bango posted:

I still maintain that Mox shouldn't have gotten his hands on MJF until All Out.

Counterpoint: Moxley should beat the poo poo out of MJF every week, beat the poo poo out of him at All Out and then pin him clean.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

How'd this get here?

Gimme a minute.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

There we go.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

0.32, 9th in the demo. Yikes. AEW took it on the chin this week.

P18-34 was a 0.18. *pulls collar*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

yea ok posted:

Good basketball and important political news. AEW dropping in the demo makes sense, they always get hit by politics poo poo hard

Strangely it seems more than basketball or Kamala, the thing that did AEW in this week might have been...Shark Week?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Lamuella posted:

most importantly, AEW obliterated Guy's Grocery Games.

That feud is over, the new feud is with the sharks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

What're the odds that they were ribbing Sammy with the inaccurate times because of what he did?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Rarity posted:

Kip should be the 4th horseman instead of Spears

- Kenny or Cody turns heel
- FTR turns heel
- Tully wraps Spears in a carpet and throws him off a bridge.

Should The Fourth Man be a young guy, an MJF/Kip or some big loving muscle, a Lance Archer, a Jeff Cobb, a Wardlow? (who Jake seems to be realizing he got in over his head with)

Davros1 posted:

Feel like they really should have done a Dynamite episode today as well.

Why not just do an episode of Dynamite ever day, Davros?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

smarxist posted:

man, what about Hangman as the ace and MJF as the future star...

i dunno, if any of the elite get involved, it's such an awesome possibility, but it doesn't sit right narratively in any way

Turning Hangman is not the way, friend.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Does AEW's rating always drop in Q7?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Evil Uno is not good at Uno.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

UFC has joined WWE in ripping off the Eye for an Eye angle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Cody is a HHH that's actually as over as he thinks he is.

Also, Cody seems to not be a terrible person.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

When Excalibur comes back, he'll probably be displacing Taz, but he should be displacing JR.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No, it's been so much worse. None of the guys know the moves.

Tony tries, god bless him, but I think most of that was edited in in post.

Rarity posted:

Brodie really wasn't helped by being awkwardly jammed into a rushed feud with Mox but this Colt storyline has been great for both of them. I reckon Brodie loses this week and that Cody/Colt is the All Out match.

The Moxley feud had the best finish I've ever seen to a heavyweight championship match and Moxley screaming at Preston Vance "YOU'RE HIS SPECIAL BOY!", I will hear nothing against it.

the escape goat posted:

the TNT belt needs to be won and lost on television and it's absurd to wait for a PPV to do it. why the hell have a TV specific title and name it as such if not?

You do realize it was won for the first time on a PPV, right? THat horse is already out of the barn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

I want Brodie to win, but not on a Saturday episode nobody's gonna see, so, gently caress finish or time limit draw or something to set up a rematch for All Out, please.

Also I just wanna make sure, did anybody else find CD parodying Tom Selleck's stupid reverse mortgage scam as funny as I did?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

smarxist posted:

yes, the eyebrows/mustache were great, and then it slowly dawning on him what a scam it is lmao

Like half of the commercial is Selleck going "DON'T WORRY OLD PEOPLE THIS ISN'T A SCAM" so yeah I loving loved that.

Cavauro posted:

dark order helps him win the belt and then he wins the rematch at the ppv where the dark order is banned from ringside. after the match the dark order all run to the ring and celebrate wildly like when lex luger won the wcw belt

Fine but only if he taps out Cody with the rack.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

JOHN CENA posted:

its weird how the dreamcast is considered a failure (really its only a failure due to the distrust in the market sega earned during their constant waffling between the 16 and 32 bit transition era and the poisonous relationship between sega of japan and sega of america and their inability to communicate) but the console itself is beloved seemingly universally by gamers. it was def my favorite console of its gen even though it died early and it did kill me on the inside to see the good dreamcast games get ported to other consoles and get ignored

SEGA just straight up doesn't deserve what success they ever managed to get. They came up with one of the most beloved, enduring mascots in all of video games and through their mismanagement, just let it turn into a loving joke. They've had so many great devs trying to make great games and they've never been able to capitalize on it as much as they should.

Sonic should be a license to loving print money and he's not their only great franchise. The amount of horrible, horrible mismanagement and the toxicity between the Japanese and American branches and all the crap that's brought them to where they are now has been truly insane to watch unfold. And they'll never get better! That company has always been broken from the top down.

Anyway, wrestling is cool, I guess, love that wrestling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

They haven't figured out how to turn that much beef into an action figure without refrigeration.

Nobody has, it's why there was no Shingo figure here.

https://twitter.com/figures_dot_com...726346549145601

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Max Coveri posted:

You could say Sega is the WCW of gaming.

SEGA is still feebly dragging its rear end along on the strength of its brands, no matter how incompetently it uses them, refusing to just loving die so that those brands can go somewhere where they might actually be decently used, so I think we know exactly who they are.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

I didn't like Cody's win, but I've mostly liked Cody's reign. When he hasn't gotten too self-indulgent, he's told some good stories and given some younger less featured guys some good shine. Scorpio match was disappointing though. It was getting real good and it just ended.

I loving hate what they've done with Archer since DoN. Such a loving waste.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

Good-rear end promo from Ricky Starks. Put that on Dynamite!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

STAC Goat posted:

I still have a hard time processing that people TRULY changed their opinion on a wrestler because he got a (very) bad tattoo. Like, I just can't process that. And like I had forgotten what a Downsaite is. That feels like 5 years ago.

I cringed at it for a couple days and then stopped thinking about it, because like, whoooooo the gently caress could possibly care?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

rip the Initiative.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

I keep forgetting there's a Dark thread. My shame is infinite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

The M stands for MOX

1. Mox