Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Meadowhill posted:

So is Cody gonna heel it up against Brodie Lee? The story feels a bit muddled here

Rarity posted:

Cody was never not a face

Cody was more of a heel than Scorpio Sky, but is going to be less of heel than Mr. Brodie Lee of #JoinDarkOrder. If Mr. Brodie does not win the belt after Cody spent weeks and weeks on TV getting put through the wringer, whoever challenges him after his match with Mr. Brodie Lee will be (maybe Colt Cabana if they want to keep the Cult Cabana moves relevant)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

Of course performers drinking got him fired from WWE so there's kind of a novel little wrinkle there.

Also Arn Anderson's own alcoholism was used as a point of mockery on TNT by a certain giant killer way back when.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Counterpoint: Moxley should beat the poo poo out of MJF every week, beat the poo poo out of him at All Out and then pin him clean.

Yeah, there are two ways to do it, and MJF already had a "you are not allowed to touch me before the PPV" feud this year so having Maxwell get loving owned with increasingly wild defenses is the Right Call.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

tbh if njpw is just never gonna be in the cards i kinda wish they'd form something with dragongate, although them using CIMA probably made things weird politically

Who cares about dragongate, officially announce the alliance with CyberAgent's stable of wrestling companies!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports are Superspreading > FIGHT ISLAND > AEW All Out 2019 Live Part The First: The Cracker Barrel Clash, hell yeah, oh wait.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

drat it I missed when they were playing good Jackbox games instead of that dumb Alexa rap battle game.

You mean the best jackbox game (which I missed and am sad about)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ahem, Mox/Omega I, as I believe you will find he has wrestled no sanctioned wrestling matches against Kenny Omega in All Elite Wrestling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

They're about to play Fall Guys with Uno, Colt and Dakota Kai

Colt's never played before

Colt bought a controller in Japan that no one has ever heard of.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Literally trying to teach him how a controller works

again, no one knowing the weird controller he bought in Japan was loving hilarious.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Colt Cabana: I have sharpied X, Circle, Triangle and Square onto my controller.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

hooman posted:

"The toggle doesn't work but now the joystick on the far left does"

"Do you mean the d-pad?"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Quest to get Colt Cabana past round one is truly a project worthy of the Dark Order's newest member Jawny.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
COLT CABANA HAS MADE IT TO THE SECOND ROUND OF FALL GUYS

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1294835633521864704

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Duel:

https://twitter.com/duel3000/status/1105593297949478913

jawny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciW-6UCPNyw

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Did... did he walk through a time portal and buy a controller made in 1998?

He bought it in a "Don Quijote in Japan" in order to play "Toejam and Earl after I subscribed to the gofundme thing."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Doing good work getting the newest members of the Dark Order up to speed in my opinion.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

People were saying before this tourney that she was like, terrible. She seems pretty good, could use some training but she has a different style and a great look.

it is, of course, as if she was in a company that exclusively books people to their weaknesses as a policy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The one thing I knew about Tay Conti prior to her run here:

https://youtu.be/CvMGbQfBPQ4

Less than a year ago.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The crowd didn't get what Cody wanted the match to be, Cody wanted it to come across like a victory lap because "obviously Cody is going to beat MJF" instead Downstait was trash and Cody's neck tattoo seemed loving weird as hell.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Brodie just feels like the wrong guy. You want a big upset even if Cody doesn't turn heel and Brodie comes in too strong. I won't be mad if he wins it or anything but it feels like a waste of the run to me.

Brodie could be a big challenge to set up the short-rest title defense, like Cody is loving murdered by Mr. Brodie but gets him in some pinning hold and bam, heel/young guy shooting his shot comes out to challenge Cody next week (with only until Wednesday [late show] or Thursday to prepare).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

blunt posted:

Cult Cabana, who then goes on to have a series of wins retentions being "unknowingly" helped by the Dark Order goons.

Yeah, that is how i would draw it up, too.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
so, should there be a new thread for the All Out replay, or is this going to end up being disjointed and maybe not even watched?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'd love a thread if I end up watching and worst case scenario no one posts in it and it falls down into the forever. I don't think it needs to be particularly effort-heavy.

uh.

well: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937148

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rantmo posted:

Tangentially related, do you think that sometime in 2022 when crowds are back (I know, I know, I'm being crazy optimistic) that they'll move the hard camera back or is facing the ramp the new normal?

I would assume it would be based around how it looks, AEW doesn't have problems adapting for different venues and making things look unique.