Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tully has always been underated, he absolutely needs more promo time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We're getting spoiled in September. At least with AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cody is a main event caliber wrestler playing the role of a midcarder. Some of his image feels like just natural uncoolness but I think he also very much knows what he's doing considering his first big AEW program banished him from the main event scene.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Cody is YOSHI HASHI with the book.

Even though they're both incredible talents they're happier being good hands who help others to greatness? I agree.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I could handle it better if it felt like any of them were watching the match in front of them. But they keep missing the finishers and signature moves of wrestlers they're literally paid to watch each week and that's just bad commentary.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's a cult leader just like Miscaviage or Vince.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Brodie Lee has been cool as hell ever since I saw him at a Chikara show like 13 years ago. He always performed above the level of the material he was given in the WWE and it's awesome to see him portrayed as a super-intelligent beast instead of a swamp idiot like he got pigeonholed as for some reason.

Vince didn't let Brodie talk because he doesn't have a southern accent.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

why didn't they just put this on TV across a few weeks instead of bullshit squash matches, what the gently caress

Brandi has said it's primarily her project and having it on YouTube meant they could book it and give it time that they couldn't if it was working around the rest of the TV show. It doesn't look great with the lack of women on Wednesday but using YouTube for more experimental stuff is a good idea in a vacuum.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I''ve got to assume Brandi either prefers being a heel or feels like she should work heel to prove something because she's a natural face.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

you both know that "natural babyface" isn't just code for Is Pretty, right?

like just watch her cooking show for 15 seconds and you can tell she's a heel at heart

I get that on her cooking show but none of that seems to show up when she's wrestling and her heel personas keep feeling very forced.

Thinking it out more it feels like she's a pretty bad improvisational actress, for an example we can go back to her awful commentary spots with the Nightmare Collective, but pretty good with a script. But when she's doing the scripted stuff she's usually in the role of Cody's wife or AEW Executive Brandi and is doing babyface stuff. But when she wrestles and does improvisational acting she's usually a heel. So it's less that she's a natural babyface and more that when she's a babyface she's in spots that play to her strengths but when she's working heel she tends not to be which drags down her heel work.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Awww, that's really sweet. She's like the exact opposite of a natural talent so it's been cool seeing her get better because it's obvious she and the coaching team have worked hard for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

so, should there be a new thread for the All Out replay, or is this going to end up being disjointed and maybe not even watched?

:justpost: :posthaste:

Not like we can run out of threads