Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

inthesto posted:

I had to look up a correctly executed mousetrap and then the finish of OC/Jericho again, and I think Jericho was just so tired he straight up fell in the wrong direction

OC deserves credit for still making it look like a plausible pin

I'm assuming this is another Beeboo Crawshanks situation where OC told him that the Mousetrap was a rollup but didn't specify that it was a front roll thing, so Jericho went backwards because that's how a rollup usually works and they had to manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CobiWann posted:

You didn't know how much the seven-thousand dollar suit was? COME ON!

He was surprised to find out you need to climb a ladder to win a ladder match, this is on brand

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not big on having to wait ten days for Dynamite either but the NBA Playoffs are a fuckin good lead-in and I'm interested to see what effect that has on the viewership.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

put drunk hangman on basketball commentary and dynamite will break 2m

I don't think they have time to get Hangman into the bubble

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I've been reminiscing about where the women's division was in February, with Nyla and Riho fully established as the stars of the division and Kris, Britt, Bea, Shida, Yuka and Swole all being developed as prominent characters and it's wild how much of that was lost entirely due to COVID making it so the overseas talent couldn't come over and Swole had to protect herself at home for basically the whole Georgia set of shows due to being immunocompromised. I keep wondering where the division would be now if that plus Kris and Britt getting injured in such quick succession hadn't come down on them.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pylons posted:

Even losing most of the international talent the division was still in a decent spot. Unfocused and lacking stories, but getting decent time in the ring.

I'd say it was nothing but focus and story in the Georgia shows, all they had was Britt and Shida and they put together a program on the fly that got both people over.

Where it fell apart was when they went to Daily's Place, Britt got injured, Statlander got injured right before Double Or Nothing, and they knew they wanted to put the title on Shida but had no idea who they would have available to challenge her. They went with Penelope Ford and seem to have completely cooled on her as a title level worker. So now they've got Shida and Nyla as the only top level women who aren't already in a program, Britt and Swole in a program that has no real way of ending until Britt is healthy, they're dancing around putting Shida and Nyla together even though it's their only title level matchup with this depleted roster, and they're not going to risk running big matches with promising prospects like Abadon or Anna Jay in these circumstances. Any plans they could have possibly had for Shida (assuming the choice to have Shida win at Double Or Nothing was already penciled in) would have depended on the talent they had been developing for months that is just gone.

Every way I look at this, I don't see anything else they could have done better outside of somehow being able to see the future, use that foreknowledge to make a bunch of American hires in December, and convince Mercedes Martinez not to sign with WWE.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CaptainApathyUK posted:

What's the kayfabe reason for AA palling around with FTR and doing their contract signing and stuff?

I get why he's there outside of kayfabe because of all the horsemen stuff that they're obviously teasing, but why would he have any involvement with them at all at the moment with his Cody gig ongoing?

Maybe I'm just thick and have missed something.

They brought him in as a tag consultant, which I assume means they paid a fee for his services.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Bigger question is what the hell name was Ole meant to be derived from?

Ole is a Danish and Norwegian masculine given name, derived from the Old Norse name Óláfr, meaning "ancestor's descendant".

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The fourth horseman is Mattsawa Cardona, with FTR and Cody as his Taue, Kawada, and Kobashi

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Part of why the TNT Title open challenge has been frustrating is that while the matches are good, the programs have been about the same length as the heavyweight and tag programs happening at the same time, and it feels a little less special to have a guaranteed 3.5/5 Cody match every week when you're having 3.75/5 at worst Hangman and Omega matches every other week and a Moxley title match just about every month. Obviously COVID derailed a lot of plans they had, but they've had all their titles in a holding pattern since DON and it's been a detriment.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cody is a very corny guy but he knows how to get a crowd excited, problem is without crowds his over the top ending stretches don't have the energy to feel appropriate. If Kenny was still doing singles matches I think he'd be facing a similar problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

In ring faves:

Hangman
Darby
Shida
Fenix
Butcher

On mic/character faves:

Jericho