Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Maxwell Lord posted:

Live from the Springfield Alkali Flats

Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

man.

there's not an ounce of heel in Adam Page but FTR just took it to 11.5 and Kenny obviously is still 100% more about his friendship with The Bucks than his actual championship partnership with Hangman, which makes him a dick, but if Hangmin is still chill with FTR after they attacked those nice old men, then HE'S a dick. it's just like everyone's DICKS man!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think it was a set up to cause a scene and give FTR the opportunity to jump the RnR Express.

yeah, the pieces are moving for sure

now it just comes down to who the actual 4th is

the way Tully went at Arn last night makes me think he's getting boxed out, unless they're just putting on a show to screw Cody, because AA was there for FTR's contract signing....

if MJF goes over Moxley in real "dirtiest player in the game" fashion and we get the big reveal at that point, that'd be a hell of a Thing

if it's Cody... whew.

also

omg hangman's shirt is so cute

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Spiderdrake posted:

I kinda thought Spears was supposed to come out because he realized things were getting heated and knew Tully was going to get punched, but everyone looked kinda off in that show.

Man I wish Excalibur was back.
They boxed him out at the signing. Alcoholism has been used as something of a device within the story, and AA was like "no thanks" to a drink.

Of course performers drinking got him fired from WWE so there's kind of a novel little wrinkle there.

also having AA turn at that point is probably a bit too much wad blowing at one time, so it makes me think you can X Cody as the 4th horse man, which imo really only leaves MJF because there isn't anyone else in the company with the chops

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

the dialectic unfolding before our eyes, WONDERFUUUULLLL MMMYEEEEESSS

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Mox defeats MJF at All Out using the Whoopee Cushion

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Vince MechMahon posted:

"gently caress those old flippy assholes, they ruined tag team wrestling and their legacy should be torn down."

also the Bucks are starting a run towards another championship bout, so I think FTR wants to make sure either they get their shot first or that they bury the bucks before they go after Cowboy Bebop

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Tully needs more promo time, every time he opens his mouth its loving stellar

smarxist fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 13, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

MJeff posted:

There we go.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

the demo god is DEAD

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Sammy did a pretty great job of adjusting on the fly

*clonks camera guy in the dome with a real assed chair*

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

i'm down! I haven't seen the original shows that launched the brand

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Rarity posted:

I'm just imagining PAC as a fiery hometown babyface and

"YAAAAAAA!!! YAAAAA GET 'IM YA KOONT!!!!"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

jesus WEP posted:

someone post the achewood of this

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

i mean, i'm glad, but he doesn't have to be a dick about it...

or does he...

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

the horseman revival is a Tully joint, and AA isn't in on it because he's Team Rhodes now

which to me means that Cody isn't gonna be the 4th and it'll probably be MJF/FTR/Spears, too many clues, MJF doing the strut here and there forever, Spears/MJF buddy buddy at the pandemic tapings, etc.

AA being there for the contract signing is either a red herring or a complication, but I think they'll be setting it up as New Horse Mans vs The Nightmare Family, and leaving AA/Cody in tact for a heel turn down the line

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Rarity posted:

Kip should be the 4th horseman instead of Spears

he'd keep bringing Penelope around and there's no girls allowed in the Horse Mans Club House

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

man, what about Hangman as the ace and MJF as the future star...

i dunno, if any of the elite get involved, it's such an awesome possibility, but it doesn't sit right narratively in any way

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

i like the idea of heel kenny, but he's had literally no interaction with MJF or Spears, and has heat with FTR

it's weird how isolated the elite have been from other personas, it has just been inner circle and tag teams for almost a year

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

i wish we'd get more Cage/Starks/Taz on Dynamite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Dark Order is the babyface stable and i love it

it's so hilarious to have them be the heels but they're all so funny and lovable

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

I mean Cody is a really good midcarder

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

they simmer for a long time, but when they boil, they really loving cook, thinking specifically to how they set up the Anna Jay squash w/ Dark Order, and also FTR destroying the Rock N Roll Express

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Alan Angels vs Billy
Lance Archer vs Jon Cruz/Jessy Sorensen (yes they've moved to handicap matches for Lance lmao)
Beaver Boys/Cult Cabana vs D3, Ryzin, Faboo Andre
Shawn Dean & Frank Stone vs Sonny Kiss & Joey Janela
Will Hobbs vs Shawn Spears
Michael Nakazawa vs Kip Sabian
Private Party & SCU vs Lucha Bros & The Butcher & The Blade
Red Velvet vs Abadon
Ricky Starks vs Lee Johnson
Baron Black & Tony Donati vs Santana & Ortiz
The Hybrid2 vs The Initiative

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/sta...367450045841408

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

lol, if this was posted when Brodie had big plat, I missed it, he took a photo of it with mom on mother's day

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

can't even get more than one women's div match on Dark

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

this might sound crazy but dark order may have to spin off into their own weekly meta shitpost youtube show

they already have the intro

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

the biggest thing is the move calling, especially without crowds, Kenny Omega hitting a beautiful V-trigger and JR almost as an afterthought to the entire booth sounding lost saying "Omega hits a rising knee..." before they go back to trying to do more talking up of an old angle or something was annoying as poo poo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Brodie is the best example of how trying to book a guy solely based on look can fail, hes been one of my favorite guys in AEW over the pandemic stretch.

he has also improved week upon week since arriving, his debut was hot because of the build, but it kinda leveled off fast, and he had a few stutters here and there, but the past 45 days or so, he's been wonderful, and obviously fleshing the character of Mr. Brodie out more and more, and chasing the energy like a pro. Maybe it was conceived much more cruelly/dark as a McMahon rib caricature, but he's owning it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

okay Brandon just calling out to Peter after the Dark Order segment loving killed me

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Jackie D posted:

Hangman beating Brody for the TNT belt then Kenny wins the aew title in a fit of insecurity, book it

finally we can have a tag team unification title match

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

I don't mind a fuckered finish if we get a rematch at All Out where it can feel like Literally Anything can happen

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

yes, the eyebrows/mustache were great, and then it slowly dawning on him what a scam it is lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

coward tony, the booking congress has decided that Brodie must win, book it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

i'm feeling more heat from Cody just being completely KO'd after the match and Brodie & Co. holding up his limp form to strap him up with the unfinished belt like a real chump

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

Mr. Squishy posted:

Cody should join the Dark Order and the Four Horsemen will be the the entire Dark Order and FTR.

Hollywood Cody incoming

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

I think AEW as a brand has to reach some saturation point before it can be the primordial goop that a household name comes from, to that end presuming we're on that trajectory i think MJF and Hangman could easily

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

JOHN CENA posted:

its weird how the dreamcast is considered a failure (really its only a failure due to the distrust in the market sega earned during their constant waffling between the 16 and 32 bit transition era and the poisonous relationship between sega of japan and sega of america and their inability to communicate) but the console itself is beloved seemingly universally by gamers. it was def my favorite console of its gen even though it died early and it did kill me on the inside to see the good dreamcast games get ported to other consoles and get ignored

played backups out of the box, insane homebrew scene, emulators, etc. also PSO, what's not to love!

all the piracy stuff sucks for SEGA, but yeah, it's easy to see why it's beloved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

correct politics haver
...weed...

another good part of BTE were the Beaver Boys getting tossed by the ref

i like the idea that in the BTEverse wrestlers are beholden to ref rules 24/7