Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He's had like eight matches so far dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I loved the MJF beatdown and especially Moxley's promo afterwards, because I think "dangerous man willing to do anything necessary to defend the title" is a better direction for Mox-as-champ than what he's been doing for most of this run

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I dunno what Bea's contract situation between AEW and Stardom was - her appearances were pretty spotty pre-pandemic although they started to tease a feud between her and Nyla right before the shutdown, so maybe she would have had a serious run here. Either way, between travel restrictions and her having other options I'm not really surprised by them parting ways for now

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Opening up Britt/Swole for other feuds after All Out will help too. In retrospect, it seems objectively kind of silly that they ended up tying up the only two noteworthy wrestlers who haven't had a recent title shot in a feud with each other, leaving the champion with nothing, but Britt-Swole has been so good that I cannot complain

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

I have trouble seeing Cody dropping the belt this close to All Out, but I really hope it happens.

What is the TNT belt if dropping it on TV shortly before a PPV isn’t plausible? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I would be nervous if Cody retained and they set up a big match for this title at All Out. I know Cody has talked about how he doesn’t believe in midcard belts and he wants the TNT title to be legitimately important, but “Also the championship belt, except Cody can win this one” is super uninspiring

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the Dark Order losing a bunch can be defended even if I'm not a fan of it, but if you put Brodie in this match and have him lose...it really seems like a stable full of giant losers!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Big time woof

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Tay is definitely my favorite wrestler to come out of this tourney

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cavauro posted:

has brandi changed her role and gimmick at the drop of a hat, stranding other performers for a second time? afaik allie appeared to be doing some kind of slow burn heel thing for quite a while now. now it doesn't make much sense and she could either end up being brandi's also heel lackey or even worse be forced into a nonsensical actual face role that formally deletes bbb altogether. perhaps i am reading too much into you tube

i don't know why i said this. i haven't paid attention to their angles much. i might not even remember what's going on right. i'm sorry

The Nightmare Sisters stuff hasn’t been bad but it’s been messy and I don’t like the decision to build the tag team tourney around Brandi and Allie instead of the intriguing newer talents they had in the semifinals. I initially read Brandi getting a big head as a sign that the Nightmare Sisters were destined to bow out early; I think it comes off a lot worse if you have the non-regular-wrestler with a fancy job title and an EVP husband going on and on about how she’s the only woman in the company with an action figure...and then she actually beats legit talents.

Also Swole/Savoy vs. Ivelisse/Diamanté is a much more exciting Dynamite match than one focused on the Brandi/Allie storyline that’s mostly played out on YouTube, imo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Obviously someone needs to have a frank talk with the Rhodes family about their natural alignments

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lone Goat posted:

so what you're saying is that she's bad at being a professional wrestler

i'm glad we can finally come to an agreement

Yeah this is what I keep coming back to, is that as a viewer I haven't been given a compelling reason why she's getting storyline content and so many other women aren't.

It doesn't really rankle when it's mostly self-contained stuff on Dark, but when it's central to a tourney with other wrestlers or it creeps into Dynamite I can't help but think "Was there not a better story to tell here?" Same thing goes for the Natural Nightmares; QT getting a long story arc in a super crowded tag division feels like an iffy allocation of resources even though I don't dislike his matches

(To be fair, with Brandi and the tournament I could see it being a situation where they went in with plans to lean on the signed talent they had available & weren't really certain how Savoy/Conti/Ellering would fare as newcomers)

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 18, 2020

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Now I’m thinking about how cool it was when PAC got Nyla to attack Riho to get at Kenny...

Feel like pure poo poo just want him back

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
PAC
Fenix
Statlander
Nyla Rose
Best Friends and OC and Hangman and Jack Evans and

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He deleted it after someone suggested not to make a jokey post about that and RT'd this link

https://twitter.com/onew1ngedangelx/status/1295763861853831174

All-around good fella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
My most controversial wrestling opinion is that the women's belt is good. Not saying it couldn't be improved upon, but a small distinct well-designed belt is vastly preferable to something big and ugly, so by the standards of wrestling belts...can't complain