Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

CarlCX posted:

Jericho looked pretty sloppy in general throughout the match, but the story it told was still awesome and OC killed it, so it worked. It was a good show and I enjoy still having fun with a weekly wrestling program.

I was rooting for OC the whole time and was extremely happy that he won, so yeah I'd say the match worked despite Jericho flubbing a few things due to mid-August Florida humidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

blunt posted:

Judging my Sammy's vlogs there's a big indoor (I'm assuming air conditioned) football training field in the facility. I wonder if they might end up in there for hurricane season.

Maybe they should park Jericho in there for 15 minutes or so before he wrestles. It also seemed like his knees were bothering him, which they kinda worked around by having OC target them during the match.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you think you're coming down with Bischoff you should really self-isolate for 83 Weeks.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

A Fancy Hat posted:

Probably happy they took the initiative and managed to improve so much, right?

A proper Vince parody would immediately kneecap his followers the moment they succeed at anything.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lone Goat posted:

you both know that "natural babyface" isn't just code for Is Pretty, right?

like just watch her cooking show for 15 seconds and you can tell she's a heel at heart

Yeah, Chaotic Brandi obsessed with owning her haters is definitely a heel. She also wrestles like one regardless of her character alignment. That would all be fine if her motivations didn't change from week to week.

TV Zombie posted:

Is Shanna still around? I thought with Angelico scheduled to wrestle in tomorrow’s Dark, I thought she would be able to travel.

She lives in France, so it's gonna be a real pain in the rear end to get her over here. Plus she may have medical stuff to consider.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MorningMoon posted:

I would go nuclear if they announce Tay joining via BTE.

Brodie: Silver, tell me something, ANYTHING good!
Silver: l-look, Mr Brodie Lee, it's-it's hard, but but! Look at Grayson! Look at Ten! Nobody is getting members in! It's not my fault!
Jay: Hi, Mr Brodie Lee, sir, I wanted you to meet my new best friend, Tay! :)
Tay: Hi there! Jay has been amazing to work with in the tag tournament, and I'd love to keep tagging with her. The Dark Order sounds like it's a great place, so would it be okay for me to join?
Brodie: *stares a hole into Silver's soul and then smiles at Tay before getting her to sign something or whatever*

Tay's official welcome into the Dark Order is being allowed to throw papers at the Meat Man.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Rarity posted:

We've seen how uncoordinated Allie is on TikTok, that she can even run the ropes is a miracle

I know we talk about character work a lot here when we're trying to compliment less talented wrestlers, but Allie's really good at it and all she needed was to scale her ring work up from bad to competent. AEW's training sessions seem to have done that, which says a lot to me about their coaching staff and how they guide talent.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

1. OC
2. Pentagon
3. Fenix
4. Abadon
5. Swole

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cael posted:

Think back like 8 months ago if someone told you one of the funniest and most entertaining part of AEW would be the Beaver Boys.

Being surprised by what undercard wrestlers are capable of is my favorite thing about AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MorningMoon posted:

Really interested in seeing Penta and Fenix do something. Yesterday's dark implied they're done with The Butcher and The Blade, but there's still one more 8-man tag set for this week. Maybe they'll turn on them and stat a feud.

It's still insane to me that they weren't the first tag team champs and have to take a backseat to FTR, who aren't as interesting or good.