Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

torgo posted:

Were you an 80s kid who loved Nickelodeon? Remember how they filled out the schedule with those ancient TV shows like Dennis the Menace or Lassie?

Here's a fun fact: those "old" shows were about the same age in the 80s that the original 80s Nick programming is now.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Also another fun fact is that the stores near me play stuff from the 80's now, like I randomly hear Madonna playing in Kroger's sometimes when I'm in there and I know it's because some millennial is now the manager. And then it hits me that to zoomers, hearing 80's poo poo in a store would be like if I were in a store in the 90's and they were playing The Kinks or something.

One time several years ago somebody played a remix of Guile's Theme from Street Fighter 2 over the PA in Wal-Mart. I really want to know who was responsible for that because they rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I remembered what I was thinking of, and it was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d8xcy2Fteo

Which was pretty good as far as I can remember. It was no Monkey Island or Fate of Atlantis but it wasn't bad.

I had that game on my Sega CD and loved it, but those load times... woof. To give your hands something to do while it loaded, it had a controllable screensaver that came up when you held the pause button with a bunch of white balls that you could move around in different patterns. And on the Sega CD you could actually play a game on Willy's Nintari.