Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

You guys want to watch me make wooden jewlery while we listen to my favorite records? Well then you should. Tonight at 7:45pm PST you can watch me, LITERALLY A PERSON, grind the tips of my fingers off or maybe even suffer a debilitating injury all while listening to one of my favorite 90's punk albums Tilt's Til It Kills. So yeah, come to work with me tonight goons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAyrgoC2pqI

8/20 7:45 PST

Buffing rings, listening to things (Little Dragon's Little Dragon) and make an animal contest. And now, a microphone closer to my face while I talk!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSl3K1rt_R4

THIS THURSDAY 8/27 7:45 PST
It's that time again. We're gonna duck out hard and look at some new tools and maybe I'll even walk you through some of the restoration I'm doing on an ancient bench-top vice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYzXbS0bSRU

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Bronze Fonz posted:

Gonna spend the next 8 hours wondering what to wear for this most special occasion!

Tails and tops, BB.

Also, thanks to Bronz Fonz for making this extremely bad idea possible

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

gary oldmans diary posted:

it seems to me that if you hammered a metal rod through the lid of a tin can then while its still on the rod you bashed it from all sides you could mangle together a metal ring
i know you have a hammer and a tin can lid. whats the rod situation lookin like over there?

Rods? I have rods coming out of my ears!!!

Please God, call a doctor my ears are in severe pain

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Empty Sandwich posted:

hey pal, some of us are asleep by then

Oh, well, uh....maybe some lattes?

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Sunswipe posted:

Will Forklin be appearing?

There may be a special appearance by a certain plastic turtle, yes.

Spinz posted:

Maybe you need to say you are making butt plugs

Please don't ruin the surprise.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Alright now what we are going to be doing today is installing adequate goon rated piss bottle shelf storage. Most people think you can get some flimsy plastic piece of poo poo from Walmart, but when you’ve trashed months of archival piss you will understand my method here. Now, follow me over to this pile of rebar, give this concrete a stir, grab a handful of those milled mahogany boards, and plug in the hot glue gun. I am about to show you how to make a structure that will withstand even the most spastic goon freakout and keep your piss level and secure for years to come.

The Bob Villa of Better Goons and Gardens.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

My goon got his head stuck in a plastic bag and died. He was curled up under a desk and was really dry and stiff to the touch. When we moved him small flakes of dust crumbled off his body.

That dust was their soul. I would suggest a thorough vacuum as that poo poo can cling to curtains and walls for years.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Sid Vicious posted:

we've never gotten rid of all of grammas soul

Ever do that thing where you're walking through the living room without socks on and you loving step in a big pile of soul!!?? Gross.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Deciding if I should wear my coverall or let you all see what I dress like in real, non-shop life.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Frankenstyle posted:

Squeee! I feel like a Make-A-Wish kid, and I didn't even have to get Lymphoma!

I mean, do you want Lymphoma???

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Spinz posted:

It was super cool irl

Nice big shop too, soooooo lucky there

Having a workspace is pretty much like dying from too much good sex then going to big tiddy heaven.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

how did I miss this what the gently caress

No worries, next Thursday we're going again, but this time BUFFING!!!

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

do it earlier im old

I have a little tiny human to take care of. The only real time I have is when he goes to bed. I would love to do an afternoon but it's, sadly, not feasible.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I guess ill just have to stay up, jeez

You're drat right you will.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Sid Vicious posted:

make your kid into rings

Well, if I have too...

Sid Vicious posted:

just kidding treat your child well

Oh. Okay. Never mind the ring thing then.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

I'm morning stoned and it makes me think we should have a contest in this thread and the winner get's to choose an animal for me to make out of wood next week. Buffing is gonna go by fast....

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Sid Vicious posted:

im also morning stoned and I m gonna make a contest : you win, the prize is a kiss on the mouth

Finally, my first kiss!

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

i am also morning stoned and I would like in on this contest also the other one

But what would I make these persons do?

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Sid Vicious posted:

Porhaps they need to draw or otherwise create the animal they would like to see made and a panel of un biased judges could vote on the best animal of them and then you can just make whatever one you want anyways because you are the master of your domain and no one can make you do anything you don't want to except the government and your job and maybe your mom and dad and depending on your faith maybe your religion or even your god specifically

Oooooo, this is good.

Okay, make me an animal and I just might MAKE YOU!! THAT'S RIGHT, YOU!!! an animal. That is the contest. Please try and pick things that don't have gently caress tons of legs. Please. God, please.

HGB, put this one in the books.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Sid Vicious posted:

i have a million contests I'm gonna make a thread where I just mod challenge people without having the ability to punish them in any way

YES

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Prof. Crocodile posted:

loved the chill workshop ring stream, and am totally down to contest

i sculpt and paint tiny animals then hide them around places i visit for strangers to find. one of my first animals was a (relatively) limbless duck.

bonus: duck can be turned into whistle/ocarina if you have the patience

The Professor is on the board with one (1) duck. I'll mark it down in the steno, Prof.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Strumpie posted:

are all the things Spinster said you did to your wife live on cam true or?

Do you even read my posts???

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

By that I mean, yes, all of it.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i am v worried about getting microplastics in/on my junk but honestly am more scared of splinters

i would totally buy a wooden ring for my finger tho

I guess I could scale back a little.

If you're seriously wanting one though, hit me in PM's.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Anyone else want to contest? If not I'm gonna start practicing making ducks so I don't humiliate myself on Thursday.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Big Beef City posted:

Go duck yourself. I think that'd be fun to watch.

I really need to start an onlyfans...

Big Beef City posted:

The duck thing.
Not the "go gently caress yourself" joke I was implying, you keep that poo poo to yourself

...oh...

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Again with this crap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSl3K1rt_R4

Tonight we'll listen to a few tracks off Little Dragon's Little Dragon, I'll show you guys how buff I am (you see because I'll be buffing), and I'll do finish on this duck that I am making. 7:45PM PST.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

This thread.

Appreciate the color commentary Spin. You hate my music but I promise the grinder is so much loving worse. Earplugs, Spin. Earplugs.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

buglord posted:

*Walks over*

*signals to you to roll down the window*

Evening. Posting license and forums registration?

*extends open hand*

You know why I pulled you over today?

No? Well, you made too many threads in GBS in such a short period of time. Some might call this reckless posting, and fines are pretty heavy. Look uh, we're pretty swamped tonight with QCS reports and my shift is almost over, so i'm going to be nice and let you off with a warning. By the way, turn on your monitor. Posting violation to have it off after sundown.

Post safe, have a good night.

And where were you last night? I needed some extra handsome for my livestream!!!

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Star Me Kitten posted:

Caught a little bit of your video last night. Are you going to post a picture of the final product when you are done?

If you'd like, sure! Probably finish it next week. I'm trying not to work on it too much off camera.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

By and by, I was talking about finishing it in tung oil last night but Now I'm thinking going with the oil and beeswax finish since it'll end up being a toy for the tiny person of the household and he, uh, he chews on stuff. A lot.

I was also thinking, and we talked a little about it last night, that I should try making more things that I've never made before. Frankly, this duck has been fun as hell to make and I want to try more silly stuff. So, I don't know, any ideas? It'd have to be on the smaller side since I'll probably want to use my personal lumber. Could be practical could be not practical. Just throw out some ideas.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Strumpie posted:

make a katana

I have never made a fancy wooden sword. That would actually be kind of sweet. Okay, Strumpie, you're on the board with 1 (one) wooden katana.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Big Beef City posted:

Make a batarang

Oh gently caress-dang. That'd also be pretty freakin' sweet. Would I get sued by DC???

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Big Beef City posted:

construct Diogenes barrel and then live in it outside your workshop

Are we allowed to say that Diogenes is the die with which all goons have been cast for more than a millennium.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Star Me Kitten posted:

A dolphin comes to mind for some reason.

You should definitely continue to make more. I for one would enjoy watching your process more.

Dolphin would also be slick as hell. I have thinking to do. Process-wise I was thinking I'd spare you guys what I considered to be the boring parts but am kind of realizing that it's all the boring part so why wouldn't I show you guys how I shittily make stencils and do prep on wood and stuff.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Star Me Kitten posted:

That would be cool. You know also if you wanted, you could go into detail about the tools and stuff needed so others could learn how to do it. I didn't watch the whole video, so you might have already done that though. A list of tools etc could be handy in the video description maybe?

I try to talk about it if you watch through. Just kind of as I go. But I will keep that in mind. Honestly, I use the cheapest crappiest crap because I am cheap so in general I don't really want to recommend using the stuff I use.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Bronze Fonz posted:

You didn't appreciate my "death blue" I thought it was beautiful.

It is a joy to have you accompany me in the background as I work in my virtual shop, thanks for these.

I couldn't have done it without your help! I mean, I could have but it wouldn't have been as fun and dorky.

Death blue is morbid. Just saying.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Bronze Fonz posted:

You should stream the Habs game tonight with the duck-working, I would watch.

e: Also you're not paranoid. All those people saying you're paranoid, all those thousands of assholes, they're paranoid. Ha!

I......I don't know what a habs is...

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

It's that time again. Tommorow 8/27 @ 7:45pm. We're gonna duck out hard and look at some new tools and maybe I'll even walk you through some of the restoration I'm doing on an ancient bench-top vice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYzXbS0bSRU

We'll also talk some more about a new project. I'm still leaning heavily towards a wooden sword but keep throwing stuff out and we'll see. Might even put on my coveralls if I'm feeling sexy.

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Wow, quote is not edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
May 17, 2017

dissin your fly girl

Prof. Crocodile posted:

rejoice for i have received the free very reasonably priced rings from lap, which i will unbox itt:

postage shows respect for my byob heritage, which is a nice touch.

the alder ring from the youtube vid. great grain, dynamic colors, and a nice finish. scoring on the inside allows it to fit snugly.

i also bought a small myrtle wood ring for my gf, which has a very cool pattern as well, and fits her perfectly.

AWESOME!!! I'm so happy they made it in one piece!