Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Probably Magic posted:

Like four days ago, I was arguing with some Biden voters online, at least some who are people I know personally, and it just got so uncomfortable for me being told my vote for a third party was worthless, as if me resisting supporting a rapist could ever be counted as worthless, and I really told my friend off, and then one of his friends jumped in near the end and said something to the effect, "Oh, I see you're dealing with trauma, but hopefully you'll heal enough one day to understand what we're trying to tell you."

And I swear to god, I laughed like I was auditioning for the joker for about five minutes after reading that, which felt good, but the days afterward, as the knowledge of how insanely arrogant liberals are that they'd say some poo poo like that, have not felt so good, have not felt so good at all.

Thanks all for the support, I really need it right now after that shitstorm.

I'd say it's time to sever and throw these people out of your life.
Hopefully you will have others, with working brains that you can built more rewarding relationships with.

I had what you could call an "idiot liberal" SO and I had no idea how damaging it was to my mental health until I threw her out. I mean my overall situation is deteriorating, but on the mental health front I feel that I have gotten better and been able to do more, again. These people can be incredibly toxic to be around in their ignorance and privilege and, yes, arrogance.

I still have friends that are on various points of the political spectrum, and we get along fine because none of them have this looking down at you through lazily-drooping eyelids level of condescension that basically drips from every pore with the rich liberal class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

jarofpiss posted:

things will continue to get worse as capital becomes increasingly off balance and unable to maintain a status quo. biden won't fix any of this, nothing will get better, but things might not head as quickly to an explicitly fascist conclusion under him (as opposed to trump). that's been the entirety of what i've argued this entire thread. and i've said the framing of voting within the bourgeois electoral process as a sacrament with moral character is wrong.

that got taintrunner calling me a liberal repeatedly and everyone assuming i'm arguing that you're somehow obligated to vote FOR biden when i've said nothing but the literal exact opposite.

No one is saying that you are telling others to vote Biden, nice straw-man.

Look man you seem like a decent dude with a decent amount of insight. But let me tell you this plainly:
poo poo is hosed no matter what. There is no way to shorten, improve or allay the pain that's coming. It's already well baked into the system.

BUT: Putting that rapist gramps back into the office, will absolutely put the entire media apparatus in lock-step. They will write largely positive coverage of him, winding down their Trump escalation poo poo. And instead we get a media "gleischschaltung" that would have given loving Goebbels a chub. And then the foreign bombings will start, all the while the now scattered liberal-class will gain more clout to enact their vision of fascism, but with a light touch.

Don't be a loving idiot.
Write in Howie.