Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but that info is like, not super useful. Okay so maybe there’s a juggernaut kill, great? Maybe it was 1-shot, maybe it wasn’t, either way, it shouldn’t really alter the way anyone is playing.

So it feels like, you know there’s a juggernaut kill or it felt like the kind of lie to be recommended as either harmless info to reveal or just false.

I don’t know, this may be walking backwards from the conclusion that you’re scum, because anytime someone avoids a lunch like *you* did D1, I’m nearly positive they’re scum. Why wouldn’t you just have been lunched earlier if you were town? Sure scum like to try to appear to be doing the right thing, but if you were a town jailer I feel like they’d have been more interested in getting you killed.

Unless they had a juggernaut gently caress

i'm... having uneasy feelings about this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

hambeet posted:

i'm... having uneasy feelings about this post.

None of Sandwolf’s posts read especially well.

I don’t know if I’ve played with them so I don’t know of their baseline but in the context of this game they fit nicely into lurker scum.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

If you’re loving town and you’re just faffing about here you *suck*

Like this is a weird angle to take when you yourself aren’t actually contributing much.

But it makes you look invested.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
thank you aussies for posting, we will forever mourn australian humalong, im sorry for your loss.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

None of Sandwolf’s posts read especially well.

I don’t know if I’ve played with them so I don’t know of their baseline but in the context of this game they fit nicely into lurker scum.

you know what else is making me uneasy gaspy?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sorry I’m at work on mobile I’ll post cases when I can quote and stuff on my pc

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Probably 2 am EST

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Unless I’m turboed by then which uh, well then it doesn’t matter. But I promise it’s not on deaf ears

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

you know what else is making me uneasy gaspy?

Your breakfast burrito and long black finally hitting your guts?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

I would be happy to vote Rarity today for the above reasons.

hambeet posted:

i would vote rarity.

Yeah nah, what're you two even on, Rarity had some mad D1 energy, showing even me up at the start, it was impressive

I know it when I see it you don't gently caress with that kinda town game

Unless you're Beet or the Dragonlord I guess

Anyway, SNG does seem like a good road to go down today, but I sure am all ears for whatever Toal's saving up for later

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I feel like unless I see something impressive, SNG has written themselves into a corner where the longer they’re in the game the more damage they do. That sort of are they aren’t they did they didn’t they energy is not something you can have at endgame.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Your breakfast burrito and long black finally hitting your guts?

you being on the same page as me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

in addition to breakfast.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah nah, what're you two even on, Rarity had some mad D1 energy, showing even me up at the start, it was impressive

I know it when I see it you don't gently caress with that kinda town game

Unless you're Beet or the Dragonlord I guess

Anyway, SNG does seem like a good road to go down today, but I sure am all ears for whatever Toal's saving up for later

Why quote the taggers on and not the guy actually casing rarity, you’re hurting my ego’s feelings Bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

technically i pointed it out first gaspy, so you're the tagger on.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

you being on the same page as me.

I’m just trying to enjoy it while it lasts, my initial assessment is that all members of the Best Friends Club are town, with only one of you being marginally suspicious at the moment. I’m happy to operate this way until I have reason not to.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Why quote the taggers on and not the guy actually casing rarity, you’re hurting my ego’s feelings Bif.

Cause I'm suss on them already and your post featured a bit like: "Bif has clearly done literally nothing wrong" so it evened out to being pretty good
overall

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Toalpaz posted:

thank you aussies for posting, we will forever mourn australian humalong, im sorry for your loss.

He's in lockdown in Chaddy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

he's on smoko, so leave him alone

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It’s my wife’s birthday today, so I will be largely unavailable today and hungover tomorrow. You’re only getting my now because everyone else in my house is still asleep...

I think I buy SNG jailing Hum: a lot of players are asking him why he jailed a VT, ignoring the fact that jailing is a protective role. When I read the posts since the execution, I had a very strong negative reaction to Asphyxious’ vote, so I’m just going to do a quick reread of them, and I’ll have a look at B-, but I won’t have time to do a proper read of the thread until Monday.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Asphyxious posted:

How would he corroborate.

Why would you assume he would notice.

That only makes sense if in jailing him you thought both

- that he was town
- that he had a power role

IN WHICH CASE

WHY would you jail him?

##vote sandnavyguy

So here’s why I hate this vote.

I fully see SNG’s motivation here, and I buy him using his role as a protective strategy. I also know that players without a PR do sometimes get flavour if they’re are RBed, depending on the mod, and vote finder tells me that Asphyxious has played enough games that I find it hard to believe he doesn’t accept this possibility.

What I really hate about it is that it’s a fake gotcha used as an excuse to join an obviously bandwagon. Asphyxious could have just voted for SNG for the reasons already established, but he didn’t want to just jump on it as a “me too”, or he could have put his gotcha out there and seen what the reaction was and then voted, but then he would be risking looking like he was coming in late. So he creates this dodgy motivation to push SNG’s execution.

##Vote Asphyxious

(The reason I started with the vote is because there is NOTHING useful in Asphyxious’ D1 play)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

See the issue is, I’m town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Scientastic posted:

It’s my wife’s birthday today, so I will be largely unavailable today and hungover tomorrow. You’re only getting my now because everyone else in my house is still asleep...

I think I buy SNG jailing Hum: a lot of players are asking him why he jailed a VT, ignoring the fact that jailing is a protective role. When I read the posts since the execution, I had a very strong negative reaction to Asphyxious’ vote, so I’m just going to do a quick reread of them, and I’ll have a look at B-, but I won’t have time to do a proper read of the thread until Monday.

Also it’s super, super rare for town players to do this thing where they give a million reasons in advance as to why they won’t be able to engage further with the thread, especially after throwing down a vote.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Asphyxious posted:

That is 100 percent not how that normally works.

You were more interested in trying to prove yourself as town than let a potential investigative role do their job?

Nah.

And this follow up is part of that conclusion. It is NOT 100% not how it normally works, it depends on the mod, and Asp should know this. SNG has played in games where it is true and he’s relatively new.

I also hate the extension to this gotcha that adds to the conclusion of SNG’s scumminess by pushing the scum motivation of the idea that he is more interested in confirming himself than in a power role doing its job. SNG started off by saying that if Hum was telling the truth he assumed he would get flavour, but that obviously it would also work to help back up his claim if Hum was lying and was a PR.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I can save you so much time, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And what is more, I see a much stronger town motivation for SNG’s claim than a scum one. I’m guessing people think he’s scum on B-‘s team? For the sake of argument I am going to assume that we have one scum team and an SK, because it seems simplest.

Well, let’s think about that:

Let’s assume Hum was the B- team scum kill, because it’s unlikely scum would kill one of their own (CCKeane isn’t playing this game)

So the assumption is that SNG NKed Hum and is claiming it to avoid being called out for visiting someone else by a tracker, or called out by a watcher for visiting Hum when claiming to have visited someone else

But there is a scum team. So SNG, who obviously got a lot of heat yesterday, didn’t need to do the kill, someone on his team could’ve done it and he could do something else’s or nothing depending on his role

OR, we are asked to assume that as scum, he is claiming to have successfully jailed Hum, but that Hum got killed anyway by the team that he is on and inevitably adding to suspicions on himself

I just don’t believe it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Don’t like Toal either. He uses incredibly dumb maths to excuse himself from being scum, then uses more dumb maths to justify not believing that SNG could possibly have predicted the scum kill target.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Got to go, my daughter’s just woken up, which means birthday festivities have to start

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Nah I think if you’ve drawn a lot of heat day one as scum then doing the kill if you think you’re gonna get lynched anyway would be better for your team.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Asphyxious posted:

See the issue is, I’m town.

well gently caress, if you're town then there's no point in discussing it further

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi friends I'm sober again, let's mafia properly now

sandnavyguy posted:

There was such a production yesterday I’m hoping someone watched or tracked me to prove it.

Totally missed this last night. It looks like SNG is subtly trying to get any tracker/watcher to out themselves to confirm info when its way more valuable for them to stay hidden. Big red flag here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Watching or tracking would just show you visiting them.

Not sure I buy this post either though. If a watcher had been on hum they'd see both SNG and the NK. Unless you're just accusing SNG of being scum which you then do but the idea's still there in theory. This doesn't like a natural thought process.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I didn't like Gridlocked/Hawke's posting all D1, they've barely shown up to D2, I'm happy to lunch one of them. I still think SNG is better, Sci's big post up there is a weird bit of WIFOM to make SNG *not* scum. Though I guess I am also doing some WIFOM on him, like I don't think he jailed Hum or maybe he just killed him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd also probably vote taste.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

Not sure I buy this post either though. If a watcher had been on hum they'd see both SNG and the NK. Unless you're just accusing SNG of being scum which you then do but the idea's still there in theory. This doesn't like a natural thought process.

That’s.. exactly what I was doing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sandnavyguy posted:

Because it’s both a doctor and a role blocker, and also I felt that if I was smart enough to figure out he was a PR so would scum.so skipping 1 early possible investigation to both ensure his living and confirm myself protecting two power roles for n2? That’s what I wanted to do. Then I could jail/protect someone N2 and probably draw the NK

Still not sure about this plan but I can see where SNG's going for here. I think Gaspy's blaming SNG for not playing optimally without considering that he's still a mafia babby and not likely to always do the smartest thing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

Nk out of 17 players. It's pretty convenient. That you tried to protect a power role and scum tried to kill the same player. You and scum thinking the same thing.

It's not like this never happens though. Sometimes the small chances come about. Do I have to break out probability theory again?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Not really interested in spurious hypotheticals at this point.

Also if you wanted to be cleared through flavour text why not pick one of the handful of tubes who claimed VT?

The more this goes on the less I like Gaspy's posting. Feels like scum who's spotted a town mistake and is now out for blood.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asphyxious posted:

Also I only just noticed on a reread that rarity called me a low content shitposter but I’ll do my best to not factor that into my analysis

If it helps you're doing much better today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

If SuperNewGuy isn’t scum, Hum dying relies on either:

- SNG got scum busdriven (not unlikely) and he and scum had the same target idea (slightly less likely)

- scum had a JUGGERNAUT gently caress as sandwolf put it (much less likely) and again, he and scum had the same target idea (slightly unlikely)

Like SNG could be town but with all the information open to us him being scum is simply the most likely option at this point.

I’m honestly happy to move my vote if a more reasonable scum option comes along.