Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

man Ferrus Manus was pretty cool, I know we were asked in discord and I said all space marines are chuds but ferrus manus was pretty fuckin tight

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

DGK2000 posted:

Idk man I'm a pretty loving cool one.

##vote dgk2000 for chuddery

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I will never vote my solemn posting brother

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

... if he knew I was voting him

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

Please can all players help me adjust back into mafia by filling in the following survey

1) My name is Epsilon Plus
2) I am a Scumhunter
3) I have been playing mafia since like five years idk
4) My meta is Scumhunting
5) My favourite 90s kids cartoon is uhhhh, hrm. tough call. not gonna say it's my absolute fave but as a youth I did enjoy Ed, Edd n' Eddy
6) My role alignment in this game is Hunter, comma, scum

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

non-dayvig would be...a night vig...

I sincerely believe that this is intended as a sneaky scum claim to point out after victory.

it's time for my favorite game, Dumb or Scumb

my vote'e on Dumb, I'd like to think that nobody on SA would be dumb enough to D1 psuedo-scumclaim in a closed-setup game where they could easily be merked by a town vig or 3P

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I do think I could be on to something with binus bothering to call me scummy but not wanting to drop a vote, possibly because it woulda been the third vote.

who the hell actually believes "third vote scum" nowadays, and more over, wouldn't that number really depend on the number of players in the game?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I've decided to make this a game where for once I don't endlessly bitch about the dumb meta-ideas we collectively have and will instead use this post to say that, upon reflection, I enjoyed Hey Arnold way more than Ed, Edd and Eddy

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I had a friend in college who I eventually found out produced a large amount of erotic Ed, Edd and Eddy fan art including her OC

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

t a s t e posted:

Flashbacks to arguing with Ecco...

please elaborate immediately

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

taste, you're a poo poo-stirrer but you're my favorite poo poo-stirrer

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I really like SU! I need to finish it sometime (I got like, pretty depressed towards the end of the series and just kinda stopped watching it, or watching anything) but it's pretty charming and funny, even as an adult

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I think part of SU's "cringe" is that the main character is basically a tween and in the early parts of the show he does a lot of dumb bullshit, but he definitely grows as it progresses and the later episodes are much more "based"

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

taste cam you play mafia instead of prattling about insignificant bullshit, god

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

(just joking champ were jn chillphase)

(also I gotta go to bed so K can have an ECG done tomorrow, cya nerds)

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

This is kinda rich when I've been trying to make a couple serious posts in between here and you're still not replying!!

yeah yeah sorry, I missed it in my rush to shitpost

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway, E+ have you got any response to my thoughts on binus beyond "meh I just don't wanna babble about meta ideas"?

You tried to downplay my vote by saying it was just about "third vote scum", you really don't have any reaction at all to when I explained further?

I just didn't feel like discussing it; I didn't want to get into it because it was honestly just me wanting to go off about dumb poo poo, not explicitly tied to your vote. I didn't really think when I posted it, which means I didn't really have any thoughts it was based on and it wasn't really swaying my opinion one way or another.

also I'm back from my appointment and have a work break and I'll be clawing through the thread for info now

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

In ythe hambeet v Bif debate, bif looks good, hambeet looks bad.

disagreement box! I'm loathe to side with hambeet but it feels to me like bif just wanted to brawl about something. maybe it's scum building a fake case, maybe it's town just tunneling

thankfully I'm not loathe to disagree with amnistar because of this:

Amnistar posted:

Also, in case it's unclear, because I know people are gonna make comments about being unclear in opinions:

I think Sci is scum and I caught them in a deliberate scumslip, so I'm not moving my vote until it is clear they are not an option.

I can see from votefinder this has already changed but my god

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Scientastic posted:

That's very silly. The scum motivation for Amni to tunnel me is pretty clear, the town motivation is paper thin. My motivation in calling it out is to show other players that there is a scum motivation to Amni's actions, because so far there seem to be plenty of people who agree that his tunneling thing is dumb, but none who seem to understand why it would be a benefit as a scum play.

Rarity posted:

I'm not saying it wouldn't benefit scum to make that play, I'm saying I don't believe Amni's got the scum game to make what is a pretty high level play. I don't think most players do cause it's a very out-there move and anyone looking on would assume this is dumb town. That's why you trying to push it looks suss to me.

Amni may not have the scum game, but what about his teammates?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

I love posts like this, that don't *actually* call me scum, just make a big deal out of my play.

that's because I'm not actually ready to call you scum, because I didn't think you were scum until we got to here:

Amnistar posted:

Your case is, I create a conspiracy about you, True, to deflect from acum hunting, False.

I made a brief case on SnG and dropped it, True.

I am diverting attention away from ??? And instead trying to make people focus on hambeet who I ha e called scum, but this is somehow no scum hunting.

I'm glad you decided to case me because it's a bad case and now maybe other people will vote for you.

amnistar literally refers to their own case as a "conspiracy", mentions a brief case on SNG and then immediately says they're dropping it, then follows up with this:

Amnistar posted:

Me too. It's super easy for scum to say "town on town slapfight".

##vote SandNavyGuy

this is scum doing a hard pivot based on what their teammates are saying in scumchat, you've gone from big effortposts to welping in a limp-dick vote

just so we're clear, this is the post where I actually call you scum: Amnistar Is Scum ##vote Amnistar

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

EP+ looks the worst of the people jumping on me here I think.

good job telling people what to think to fit your narrative instead of building a case based on my posts regarding the topic

I Refuse To Move My Vote From Amnistar Until Something Changes My Mind, So Strong Is My Blessed Town Conviction

Amnistar posted:

I just want to say, this is a super skimming the thread read of what is happening. It completely ignores anything else that is happening between these posts and a presents them as if they are back to back with nothing happening in the game to warrent them.

oh hey here's you actually thinking for a minute about things; I didn't mention every single post up to this point because they weren't of particular interest to me. either I think they're unimportant, or someone else has already addressed what I would say on the topic and I don't feel like me-tooing it.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

I understand the motivation of those statements. EP+ feels the need to grand stand with their vote. If they'd just said something like that and then dropped a vote it wouldn't have been anything. The fact that EP+ feels the need to justify things and over-explain what other people are already saying is why I think EP+ is scum.

Myne Moste Townne Postte is me having a laugh and also poking fun at you. the rest of it is me making a case, something that I know you're at least conceptually familiar with

Amnistar posted:

Yea, like the bit where SandNavyGuy comes back to the thread and does clearly scummy things that make revisiting reads on them something that would happen...definately not relevant as it doesn't fit your narrative that I just switched over to SNG for no reason.

"clearly scummy" to you isn't universally scummy to everyone. I think SNG is just an awkward poster. I have reread the posts in question, including feeding them through scumhunter.py, and they're 94.29% (+/- 1.23 points of scumhunter error) town. Posting "I think SNG is town" doesn't do much to move the game forward, because we don't vote for towniest poster, we vote for the scummiest one.

(that's you btw, u are the scummiest poster, Kyng Towne sayethe soe)

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

sowwy \\\w\\\ I'll do better next time mistaw amnistaw uwu

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

(⋋▂⋌) don't you >< at me again mothewfuckew

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

t a s t e posted:

##vote hal

excellent deduction taste, hal is surely scum! for idiots like myself, however, could you please elaborate on your thinking. it embarrasses me to admit I am a fool but surely a mighty man such as yourself could free me from the shackles of ignorance

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

also hal you still have a jokevote on rarity, I was trying to puzzle out the mystery of taste's choice and spotted that

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

maybe u and me can ##vote Amnistar

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

gently caress am I going to start confusing rarity and bif like I do you and humalong

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Bif can I ask why Toal over SNG?

I assume it's just to prod toal to post

anyways I'll switch my vote to avoid no-lunch if I gotta but I do think ##vote Amnistar is the good good plan

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

This is a really bad look. You literally only voted DGK to make it a tie between them and SandNav and just said you think that DGK is town....

while I think gridlock's vote is bad this post is dogshit; gridlocked doesn't state DGK is town, only that

Gridlocked posted:

Sorry if you're town bud but rest assured I will go after your murders, minus myself for as long as possible, to avenge your death when you inevitably flip town.

which is primarily a (dumb, bad) joke about probability, much like this statement made earlier

Gridlocked posted:

Probability says that the bandwagoning on sandnavyguy (as of this post) will result in an unfortunate town flip

neither of these are really alignment calls (which is bad) but you're really strongly mischaracterizing gridlocked's posts imo

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

We have a slam dunk case on DGK and you want to vote Gridlock?

can you elaborate on this case for me, please?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

there are a number of people who don't fully understand the case on DGK and it seems like calls to explain it are going unheard, unless my eyes have glazed over one?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

6 hours before deadline is a bad time to be pushing jokes; I realize that it's D1 but we could have at least a shred of a case on someone by now, even if it's lovely?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

rarity I'm referring to DGK

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

I'm saying that if you want a good case then there is one on Gridlocked and it's a better one than the ones on sandy and DGK

yeah that's not helping me understand why people are voting DGK

Amnistar posted:

Are you making a case against the people pushing for DGK here?

yes, aww five peopwe voting DGK awe scum, that's exactwy what I'm saying hewe

ow, and this may be a wittwe advanced fow you, I want to undewstand why peopwe awe voting DGK

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Lol dgk and bif scumbuddies comfirmed

##vote dgk

Asphyxious posted:

Itís DGK

##vote DGK

Mr. Humalong posted:

Back to gamechat: I didn't like that initial SNG post but since then he's drifted closer to a town read for me, plus there's a couple people on the vote for him that have me going "mmmmmmm nah mate" that I don't want to have him be the vote for today.

##vote DGK I like DGK for scum of the 4 people with 2 votes. Day 1, no super strong reads, yada yada

Toalpaz posted:

lol

Hum. I trust you and clearly town don't care about my wonderful Sci argument. ##vote DGK

To be clear, I am not calling sci out for thinking amni and sng are scum. I'm calling him out because his arguments don't track as someone who was very suspicious of amnistar and then suddenly voting with amnistar in the same day. It reeks of scum mind because scum forget what it is like to be suspicious of someone, with that kind of read he should have assumed amnistar was making an easy case on town. Instead he votes with amni, with very little explanation. Because he's scum and his read of amni was faked.

For further reading please see this helpful mafia wiki article.

I'm not voting sci because he said disingenuous rarity, I'm voting based on my case. I just hate it when people attack a poster's mindset because it's lovely and he did a lot of that as scum last game too.

Gridlocked posted:

Its 2:30am cause I'm a dickhead and got distracted watching YouTube and didn't notice the time so I am super ultra going to bed after this post.

Thank you for your above post Bif. You are of course right that meta doesn't have to be the only thing commented on during D1. I concede I am being a bit overwhelmed by the multitude of meta plays that go straight over my head, and as such I am being very lazy about taking approaches other than showing contempt for the thing I don't get.

That being said the last post in the thread as I write this is the below snipped post from Toalpaz which is actually similar to a tactic I've used in a few Werewolf games with friends:

So yes I could have been less of a deadshit.

However it is still like 2:30am and I really need to sleep so I will at least tie the vote as it stands between DGK and sandnavyguy (currently 4 for DGK and 5 for sandnavyguy before this post goes up) and let the rest of the people who do the non-Aus/pre-work posts to drop the hammer. Sorry I will put a bit more effort into D1's in future games and whinge less about the meta.

##vote DGK2000

here are the five votes on DGK, the only ones even attempting to justify it are Hum and Toal and neither are particularly good, Hum at least bothers to throw a D1 caveat in there and so his is the least lovely vote IMO but nobody has really explained an actual case on DGK, even if it's thin

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Scientastic posted:

I feel like SNGís vote for gridlocked is really self aware and he doesnít want to look like heís pushing DGK simply because heís tied for votes with him

this scans, ##vote Amnistar

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

whoops! just got in the habit of doing that, ##vote SNG

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

pretend I've quoted like a third of the last eighty posts and said "don't elaborate" after each one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

No actually itís pretty good.

Iíd comfortably vote Rarity and Epsilon.

Not feeling Gridlocked, they always post like this.

There's a total of one vote between Rarity and I and two hours to deadline, the chances of getting enough momentum for either of your two choices are basically nil. c'mon