Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Rarity posted:

I don't like how he uses the excuse Hum having ~*mysterious theories*~ too dangerous to talk about as a basis for clearing SNG. Eps, now that SNG has also flipped do you feel like sharing?

Not yet.

Toalpaz posted:

Okay, so you don't have a strong read of him. But you visited him last night. Why? I'm town tracker.

Night one I followed Sci going nowhere, and N2 I followed Bif to Sandwolf.

Town Doc would have claimed a town read. Town Cop would have claimed a scum or town read.

Bifauxnen posted:

None. I'm only an even-night watcher so it kinda sucks

Now I do! I read up to these two claims during an idle period of work and didn't read any further because I wanted to talk about these. Let me read and see if there's anything important I need to address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think Hum gave me enough info to solve the game. I think everyone should full claim today. I'm a mason, VT otherwise.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Ahaha what the gently caress are you on about

so I'll just mark you down as VT, then?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but also what the gently caress, how is a mason supposed to have figured out the game from HAL’S most recent post?

I mean Hum lmao

Toalpaz posted:

Why don't you just walk us through your thought process so we know what you're thinking E+ even without everyone claiming. Though I think everyone claiming is fine.

Hum may have known the setup before the game started. I can't guarantee that he was 100% accurate, or that Tommunist didn't change the setup somehow, but I think we can get some good info out of a full-claim.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You're probably like fifty percent right, Sandwolf!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Amnistar posted:

So...you are aiming that you have knowledge of the set up from outside of the game? If this ends up being true I'm going to be incredibly dissappinted.

I'm not 100% jazzed but Humalong cursed me with this information and I gotta do something with it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Not if you need a Hail Mary. Can anyone else explain why E+ would have done that yesterday *when they did* as town?

feel free to completely disregard whatever I say but: it's because bif coming forward with a roleclaim confirmed what I knew and I wanted to either catch her in a lie, or catch her scum partner in a lie

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Wait her scum partner in a lie?

yes, I still think a full claim is worthwhile but it would have been better done before hammer yesterday IMO

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Like how do you not verify Toal’s claim?

Toal could have been scum making a lucky guess. (They still could be but I think it's unlikely.)

Sandwolf posted:

Why didn’t he point out that Bif’s role was a scum role?

Who would believe me without anything else supporting it?

Sandwolf posted:

Why not tell us what the last scum’s role is?

I don't know exactly, I only know what it might be. This is why I'm pulling for a full claim. If I explain what I know about the setup now, it's entirely possible that either enough people will disbelieve me to make it pointless, or the remaining scum who hasn't claimed could easily wriggle out of it.

Rarity posted:

Gonna be hilarious if this is some kind of Fire and Ice setup and Hal just scumslipped here

Pretty sure it's not.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rarity posted:

Ok so I feel kinda bad around Hal but I think Hawke definitely comes away looking worse. I'm gonna give Eps another once over today to confirm my earlier town vibe and I should probably check out Amni as well but for now ##vote Hawke

also this is a really good case, I should reread birb and see how I feel about it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

actually instead of a full claim I think we could maybe get away with everyone volunteering that they do or do not have a power role?

tbh I feel bad for even bringing anything setup-related up, but hum died N1 so we couldn't discuss if we wanted to go public with it or not and I was concerned that if people saw in our mason channel that he knew that people would be pissed post-game about it? idk, sorry

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Yo I’m sorry but E+ is being scummy as loving hell. He didn’t even verify Toal’s claim existed? He didn’t even act suspicious of Bif despite knowing her role was a scum role? e+ didn’t even vote her!

If you know the setup and know a hyperspecific role (even night watcher) exists and belongs to scum, how do you not IMMEDIATELY start pushing that person when they claim that? How do you not immediately spend more time trying to lunch them then get everyone to full claim?

E+ just scum claim so we can kill the SK

I didn't vote her because the hammer dropped when I was away from the game, I fully intended to vote her before the day ended but I wanted to discuss it further. Obviously if I say "yes I knew she was scum when she claimed even-night watcher" after she flipped nobody would give a poo poo. Before I write this out, though: god your posting is unenjoyable this game, I don't know if it's because I've got other poo poo going on but your tone and your inability to even consider my actions from a viewpoint other than your own is grating as hell.

anyways: Hum talked about the setup with me. before you read this, know that I have no way of knowing if the setup was changed at all, and I suspect it was at least a bit. there are two town PRs and two scum PRs, selected semi-randomly from the below list:

row 1: town 3-shot hider, mafia BP, town gunsmith, mafia RB
row 2: godfather, town cop, mafia even-night watcher, town tracker
row 3: town jailkeeper, mafia RB, town BP, mafia BP
row 4: mafia even-night watcher, town RB, godfather, town doctor

you plop an L on the list (randomly, it can be backwards or upside down or w/e) and it'll select two town PRs and two scum PRs. there's an SK and they have a one-shot juggernaut kill alongside being a JOAT, having one shot of each power selected

Toalpaz posted:

I want to assure everyone that there is no doctor, I'm just in a masonry with the real tracker and I'm X shot BP. TBH at the start of the game I assumed everyone had masonries with their legion buddies.

hum didn't say anything about any masonries other than ours so if this is true, it's news to me. it doesn't seem impossible, though.

anyways we have a dead scum even-night watcher, and toal is claiming to be BP with a tracker somewhere. if these are all true, and toal's masonry partner is town, the remaining scum is a godfather and there's no investigation role so it doesn't matter.

Asphyxious posted:

I’ve already claimed using the least scummy of all methods: Breadcrumbing

hum said he thought you breadcrumbed being bulletproof, I reread your posts a few times and didn't see it, possibly because I'm an idiot, idk. if toal is claiming BP and you're claiming BP, based on what I was told one of you is lying.

anyways this is why I believed SNG originally; I assumed he was telling the truth about being a jailer, since it shows up on the list. when he flipped vanilla scum it made me think that one of his scumbuds knew the list of potential PRs and that a decision was made to fakeclaim a role that town couldn't possibly have. this is why I was pushing for a full claim, I was hoping to catch someone claiming a town role that couldn't be in a set with the currently flipped/claimed roles, meaning that someone was lying. similarly if everyone claimed VT, someone would be lying there; either a town PR looking to hide a good PR (like cop or gunsmith) or scum/the SK claiming VT and us therefore ending up with too many VTs for (what I know of) the setup.

if this post affects your enjoyment of the game, sorry! I kinda wish hum hadn't told me but like I said before, it feels weird being the only living person for whom the setup is known (unless scum also know, which is potentially plausible).

unrelated to this, I also am feeling pretty sadbrains and am super tied up with work but I'm hoping to continue posting throughout the day

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

lmao I somehow lost the post I was typing out

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess that could fit into the weird “L” thing but yeah this is all slightly dirty feeing. Not that’s it is E+ fault that he got this info but it’s probably better that we all know to make it more fair

that's pretty much how I feel. also it's not all that "weird"; it's a lot like a C9 or whatever, just with more possibilities.

Sandwolf posted:

I don't know what to do with that post E+ but I am sorry my posting has been so grating to you

I forgive you! I'm just dealing with a lot of stuff atm and haven''t been able to post so much, which I'm sure isn't a great feeling for you. you didn't like, double down on it, so we're cool

Rarity posted:

Eps how did Hum know about this grid setup thingy? Was he involved in helping Tomm set up the game or something?

Also if those are the only 4 power roles then how come you and Hum were masons?

I just didn't mention the mason thing since it wasn't really important, but that's how Hum knew we were both town; the setup specifies two town masons in addition to the other roles. Hum suggested the setup to tommunist, I think.

now for some actual mafia:

toal posts four times in a row, which I think is a bit much, including this one:

Toalpaz posted:

Anyways this still feels like it can be a scum play because it doesn't clear e+ or get any useful info, beyond saying that the SK and or Scum can have BP and really hit the other team last night in addition to a doctor existing, but like I said I have ; ) bp so it's fine and this is all probably scum lies.

three things here:
1. why would scum, even solo scum, throw a play like this? pressure was on me from yesterday from the moment I posted about it. if I was scum and I wanted to get town PRs to claim, this would be a horrible way of doing it. I know I always advocate that scum can do anything, even make bad plays, but this would be incredibly dumb for scum in my position to do
2. you don't even address my post where I suggest Gaspy may have breadcrumbed BP, which if my post is accurate means that one of you is lying. I think if you were actually BP you would have dived on that, especially if you're multi-shot - you're immune to nightkills, even if the one-kill night was someone hitting you, and having multiple bulletproof town in a game seems wild.
3. it's not "fine", town is very ahead currently but just a few mislunches could really shake that. this doesn't feel like it's coming from a town POV, imo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

Maybe because I never breadcrumbed BP so it’s a fuckin weird thing to try to use as a gotcha

again, that was Hum's idea

Asphyxious posted:

I’ve already claimed using the least scummy of all methods: Breadcrumbing

you've claimed to breadcrumb something, what was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

good game, sorry if I dooked in the pool a bit

don't beat yourself for posting a bad flip, I've straight up sent night results to the wrong person and completely misunderstood common roles, every mod has their mistakes