Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

HERESY DETECTED I WILL EXTERMINATE IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

tpink posted:

Yay, hambeet.

This looks great. Iím in another game currently but I think an 18-player game is going to take a while to fill up, so Iím in too.

I love you and won't give you poo poo this game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

t a s t e posted:

I'm vanilla town

Same

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Tommu put a lot of work into the flavor for this game.

Fuckin nerd.

I'm literally reading about who I am, so uh, I am too

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

man Ferrus Manus was pretty cool, I know we were asked in discord and I said all space marines are chuds but ferrus manus was pretty fuckin tight

Idk man I'm a pretty loving cool one.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

##vote dgk2000 for chuddery

##vote EP i rng'd my vote and it was you

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##vote Taste he did his duty.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

taste was the third vote

I see my vote on two people now, a minute ago I was the only vote. Either heresy is about, or VF is wonky.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

might want to read up about your double voting power dgk

It would be cooler than VT so I now wish I was.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

Lol I finally got a role that accurately reflects my mafia abilities

Scum eh

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Iím Ferrus Von Fuckface and Iím here to fuckin shoot space geezers and fuckiní

blow up the moon or something

You mean the dead guy from the D1 OP? That's a terrible claim.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Rarity posted:

Just looked at votefinder and apparently now I'm a doublevoter???

Everyone is a double voter mafia!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

imperial fists are the worst marines.

ultramarines are the second worst.

I guess you like the World Bearers?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

I just have a feeling youíre going to betray me.

In the end, he always will.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Rarity posted:

Please can all players help me adjust back into mafia by filling in the following survey

1) My name is DGK2000
2) I am a dude guy man
3) I have been playing mafia since 2010/2011
4) My meta is I can be a real jerk sometimes but I am often right
5) My favourite 90s kids cartoon is Gargoyles/TMNT/Swat kats
6) My role alignment in this game is vanilla rear end town

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah my legs are feeling pretty good

Mine are not this prednisone makes them feel weird

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sanguinius, as it is every day

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Rarity posted:

Also look at her reaction to me calling her out.

She instantly drops an OMGUS vote on me that reeks of instant panic. I feel an undertone here of 'gently caress off and leave me alone'. Only scum would be scared of such an early callout.

I mean I dropped an omgus on EP

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

2 for 2, how bout you DGK?

Because I had already claimed it in my very first post of the game, which was literally the second post of the day.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Scientastic posted:

This is an 18 player game, surely you should be theorising 8 scum?

This is going to be A Thing for a long time.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Gridlocked has done a few of these, and I think theyíre weird and awkward

##Vote Gridlocked

Whatever happened to DS9000?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

not to interrupt my own gimick but i'm pretty sure I survived to the end didn't I?

Wait no I survived to like the final 8 or something

The final 5 were better, we should airlock you.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

hambeet posted:

okay so the only person making me suss is bif, because they're trying to play seriously. and it's bif. ##vote bif

Come on son, you know better from last game.

hambeet posted:

hey i also just raelised we see to have a fairly active game? everyon'es posting!

lol paging sandwolf to post in this game.

Bifauxnen posted:

Here,read it this time

It's not just about that. It's that binus bothered to point out an individual post of mine and call it really scummy, instead of settling for his usual "lol", "scum are shook", "lots of scum bussing on this page" vague floating undirected statements which are his trademark. Yet despite having such a strong scum vibe from that specific post of mine, he didn't vote me. Why was he to chicken to vote me? That's a classic scummy behavior regardless of which vote number it is. That was the start of my criticism. "Maybe cause he was avoiding the third vote" is an afterthought.

I'm also pretty suspicious of both you and E+ trying so hard to downplay such a small initial jab at binus.

I agree with you enough about binus here that I am going to ##vote Binus

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I miss your pony avatar

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Accidentally yes, but I think it's intentional so Sci can be a smug bug at the end of the game and I refuse to let them have that.

I uh... no. No. NO. It was very clearly him saying either is a dayvig or he isn't. A binary thing. And a science joke. You've latched on to something that isn't A Thing.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Amnistar posted:

I dont know how many times you want me to say it but your posts don't feel genuine, bif's do.

I see both of them as genuine, and I think this is sort of a slappy fight that has gotten out of hand.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Amnistar posted:

At this point I don't think you can because then sci gets to be doubly smug after the game if i am right.

Tbh it feels like you two did last game, and we both know what your alignments were there.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

This pings me as SNGís scumplay.

Sorry about being absent Iíve had sadbrains I should be around til deadline.

Catching up with the thread. Yep this reads to me exactly like his scum play in food crimes. Would vote.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Awww you guys were just lurking til someone called you out! Anyway! Now that youíre all here, we can actually get some information from yíall.

Hum, I know youíre going to reread, but why does the term town slapfight set you off? Does any one of those people in those conversations read specifically scum to you? And if so why did you wait until I asked for you in order to reread and post about it?

Sand, what about this specifically are you calling my scum play? Because youíve been in several games with me i trust you would know my meta. But since Iím town rn, I want to see where you misread me.

Amni, what is the primary reasoning behind your vote on me?

Taste, when you arrive, whatís your read on the Hambeet bif convo?

Wow, yeah this is scummy and exactly what he did last game.

##vote SNG

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

ďTownie slapfightĒ is a phrase that is used by scum a lot. Itís an easy thing for a scum player to say to look like theyíre paying attention without sticking their neck out too much. For three people to come in and say it on the same page is suspicious. For you to say it about both of the big arguments of today is beyond suspicious. It means you have read all of the posts concerning these arguments and decided that absolutely none of them could have been made with duplicitous intent. That is...incredibly generous.

I think Amni looks like his usual over-eager self fixating on the first thing he can to the detriment of any other possible leads. Him using your stinky poo poo post (no offense please do not cry) to swap off Sci and onto you is mildly concerning, but honestly you just came in and made like six paragraphs of text to say ďI think theyíre all town lolĒ so itís understandable.

Scientastic seems to be playing as I would expect scum Sci to play. This could be meta bias.

Bif and beet are playing to type and I think both of them look worse afterward.

Yup, I agree with the bolded part. I think Bif is town based on how they played in food crimes, and their motivation feels town to me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Sand honestly your biggest thing for me is no scumcalls. You have townreads but no pings or suspicions. Youíre calling people out, youíre doing things right, but never actually pushing a candidate of your own here. Thatís the scummy part.

This sandwolf guy I think is town.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Thatís fair, though Iíd like to point out Iím trying to get more people involved so I can make a scumcall because, well, I havenít had anything really ping hard. The closest is Amni but Iím still stuck on the fact that them applying pressure and pressure votes was town Amni in the last two games we played. Iím not even that concerned they voted me, itís more Iím puzzled as to why they are choosing to hyper focus instead of scattershot which they usually seem to do. Just like in Cuomo time, I didnít make a decision until Tommu had become so performative as scum that I felt it a slam dunk. Generally I donít vote til near deadline or if I see a big red flag.

If I were to push a case it would be a simple lurker case on taste or even DGK, but that may just be due to time zones or uh, meta in tastes case. But neither of those can be really pushed until people respond, as you and Hum have.

I get that itís suspicious, but since neither of the interactions are pinging me as scum I didnít have anything really to say, so I figured they are all town. Iím stuck because the alternative is just vote someone I donít think is scum which is, ya know, ludicrous.

I disagree with your Scientastic read, they played similarly in baby mafia, and I think it rings town.

The obvious solution is to drum up more people for more info, and uh, thatís what Iím doing.

I feel your drumming up people is performative and a way for you to provide 'content' without really providing content so you can look town.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Scientastic agreeing with Amnistar, someone he cased heavily, with regards to a mafia newbie's SNG (7 games) post is wack.

Reads like someone who isn't consistent and doesn't care. Maybe casing amni was a scum bus? Dunno.

Scientastic posted:

Maybe thereís... MORE THAN ONE SCUM?!

Yeah I don't like Toalpaz there, it's not impossible to think more than one person is scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

##vote Sci

"crazy" "disingenuous"

You suck and you're faking your reads.

no u

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

tpink posted:

The whole swing from "Sci scumslipped and I'm not backing off it!!" to this is odd.

Is it though?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

Itís DGK

##vote DGK

I'd be more invested, but thanks?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Rarity posted:

I'd say it's a B-

I don't disagree.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure, we can if you want but maybe it won't be necessary. After sleeping on it I see an exchange like this:

Me: "Can you tell me precisely what you even actually mean when you say 'you disagree with my initial jab'?" (provides a few examples of how even just this one sentence can be read in a few different ways)

You: "Wow. I've clearly said [repeats exact phrase I specifically asked you to clarify]"

And think, wow we must just have some really serious gaps in how we communicate, that end up driving us nuts in Mafia where attempts to clear them up can't be trusted at face value. I really haven't meant to patronise you, but I can see how it would very easily sound and feel like that when I start trying to pick everything apart so much until I can locate and pin down the exact cause of where you could be misunderstanding me. And when I drop that kind of sendoff.

For what it's worth, yesterday didn't get me really upset at all, just increasingly frustrated. And I thought, man if this had been back in the oldschool Auspol days, this woulda been where I start just browbeating everyone with a naked emotional plea to get you lunched no matter what. My suggestion for changing up your playstyle wasn't only meant as a put-down of your playstyle in this game. (I won't try to deny that element was there though ) I remember you saying recently that you do like to try and change things up sometimes, and I really do think it might be an interesting experiment. It'd certainly throw off the thing that always gets you on my scumdar, at least. But yeah, talking about this kinda thing is more awkward when a game's still on so I'll try and save it till then next time.

I've had a nice streak of a couple really fun chill games lately, at least by my standards, where I can still get all in scum's face but it hasn't got personal at all. I want to keep that up, and I'm sorry I started reaching for more meta topics there which made it more personal.

Yep, the whole thing read to me like communication gaps. I like both of you and I think you're both town. OH NO A TOWNIE SLAP FIGHT

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

I could see this, tbh.

Oh poo poo humalong is in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Naw, you needed to distance yourself so you didn't come across as "me too" and look like you were hiding your vote/motives with everyone else.

Don't like this.

Mr. Humalong posted:

You quoted a larger post of mine like 10 posts ago and agreed with it...

It's a callback to last game!