Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has seen my browser history.

I was asked to sign up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has seen my browser history.

Bifauxnen posted:

Whoah Beet came out of Mafia retirement? I better play!

We have waited years for this

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommu put a lot of work into the flavor for this game.

Fuckin nerd.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote gaspy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

i look forward to this tunnel on amni

A slip

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pretty sure this is another boring town Binus game where he will do little of consequence until like day 4

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I personally get a null read, because from anyone else thatís scummy, but the last three games I was in with them, they were town, and they posted the same way. Got executed for it every time. But Iím extra cautious because unlike with steak, who also has a similar D1 scum vibe, Iím less willing to give leeway because such short posts give like... no information, and is basically white noise posting.

But they certainly donít scream town.

Amni, was there actually a case on scientastic? Is it just the vig comment? Iím not seeing anything else.

Please do not compare Binus to Steak lol

Steak is actively anti-town at all times, Binus is noise until mid-game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all

Now if I was gonna pull this, the big smug reveal would be that I was a non-dayvig cause I was actually a dayvidge.

This is hate speech

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

glasshouses / stones

sorry this is my New Meta

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

who the hell actually believes "third vote scum" nowadays, and more over, wouldn't that number really depend on the number of players in the game?

wow defend ur scumbud much?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Australian Humalong isn't really Australian?!?!?!?!

MY GOD

MY GOD

OOOOOOOH MAH GOD

im posting from chadstone now, mate

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

forgot to do this

Rarity posted:

Please can all players help me adjust back into mafia by filling in the following survey

1) My name is Mr. Humalong
2) I am an Australian
3) I have been playing mafia since 2004 on the mariokart forums
4) My meta is performative effortposts
5) My favourite 90s kids cartoon is Rocko's Modern Life
6) My role alignment in this game is Town, but laughing about it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

thank you for sharing.

you're welcome, scumpaz

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I have not watched Ed, Edd, and Eddy since probably 2005. I'm afraid it won't live up to my memories.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

i don't even know what that show is

Cartoon Network show from the very late 90s. Think Dexter's Lab, Courage, Johnny Bravo, etc.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah, just like that

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I wish I had a dayvig as opposed to my current form of vig which is nightkills for my team which is myself, Harold Krell, Infinitum, and Anpu.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

Need some Lumpen in there to really make it spicy

Lumpen is the serial killer

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

That Sci case is presented the exact same way he presented cases in the games where he was scum.

DGK, Rarity, and SNG all calling arguments townie slapfights is setting off my radar. SNG going to great lengths to talk about them more so than the other two.

Would vote SNG or Sci today. Going to reread all four of these players.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ďTownie slapfightĒ is a phrase that is used by scum a lot. Itís an easy thing for a scum player to say to look like theyíre paying attention without sticking their neck out too much. For three people to come in and say it on the same page is suspicious. For you to say it about both of the big arguments of today is beyond suspicious. It means you have read all of the posts concerning these arguments and decided that absolutely none of them could have been made with duplicitous intent. That is...incredibly generous.

I think Amni looks like his usual over-eager self fixating on the first thing he can to the detriment of any other possible leads. Him using your stinky poo poo post (no offense please do not cry) to swap off Sci and onto you is mildly concerning, but honestly you just came in and made like six paragraphs of text to say ďI think theyíre all town lolĒ so itís understandable.

Scientastic seems to be playing as I would expect scum Sci to play. This could be meta bias.

Bif and beet are playing to type and I think both of them look worse afterward.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

Itís DGK

##vote DGK

I could see this, tbh.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

EP+ looks the worst of the people jumping on me here I think.

You think crabman looks worse than any of these?

Rarity posted:

I agree that that Amni/Sci interaction was super loving weird

tpink posted:

The whole swing from "Sci scumslipped and I'm not backing off it!!" to this is odd.

Sandwolf posted:

I agree with it too, I think Amniís insistence only to immediately about-face feels weird, why make the original statements to then immediately renege on them?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Morning all.

Ello, got any reads?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

Then what would you have me do exactly? Scummily lurk until a case comes up I can jump on? Thatís what you seem to be doing, but Iíd rather not Because the alternative is actively trying to get people to engage, which is what Iím doing.

You are scummily lurking until someone quotes you lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Oh poo poo humalong is in this game?

You quoted a larger post of mine like 10 posts ago and agreed with it...

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

DGK actually scum here?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

No, Iím popping in when I can and posting. I hit 10 posts before any of this back and forth started. If I was scum Why on earth wouldnít I do what the majority of scum are probably doing and just sit pretty? Because Iím town and I want to get information into the thread. I really do not get what yíall are wanting me to do here.

I post, and get called out for not having anything written.

So I try to join in and tell people that Iím getting null reads, and I get called out for not having a scum read. I make a call on scumread to get people off my back and back to hunting scum, and people say Iím still not contributing.

Then, I get home from work and try answering the thread, and now Iím being scummy by responding.

The alternative is to just do nothing til deadline, let you all pile on and mislynch me, then after I flip town I get to watch the rest of the game go by as everyone says I posted scummy anyway, so it was a good day 1 call.

This is frustrating.

ignore the haters and post, imo

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

i would say playfully insult anyone who questions your play but uhhhhhhhh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What I usually do when I'm playing is I keep a running list of people in my head (or in notepad) that I have a bad gut feel about. Then if I feel stuck I'll pick one of those from that list (usually the one with the fewest posts because I'm lazy) and try to drum up a case on them. Sometimes there's a case, sometimes there isn't.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok I'm done mafia dadding

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

no that's what I do as town

I don't have a strategy as scum, I don't get it often enough

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

what's your meta as scum beet

besides what you're currently doing

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

I shake it up every game.

My latest goto is that I keep a running list of people in my head (or in notepad) that I have a bad gut feel about. Then if I feel stuck I'll pick one of those from that list (usually the one with the fewest posts because I'm lazy) and try to drum up a case on them. Sometimes there's a case, sometimes there isn't.

wow admitting to manufacturing cases whole cloth?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

yo why the gently caress does fallout 3 not load

I just want to play this stupid game I bought 10 years ago and never played

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

yeah it says to install that and also disable my second monitor lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I clicked "forgot password" on games for windows live and the site it opens no longer exists

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hunter2

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

wait why didn't it make that a bunch of stars

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

lol the americans are gonna be pissed when they wake up and see all this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I got it working. Now preparing to be disappointed in it compared to New Vegas