Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I would be happy to play in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

Please can all players help me adjust back into mafia by filling in the following survey

1) My name is Amnistar
2) I am a Sagatarius
3) I have been playing mafia since 2007 I think?
4) My meta is going hard after someone day 1 then lurking.
5) My favourite 90s kids cartoon is Sonic
6) My role alignment in this game is Town

Still reading the thread but throwing in my answers to this as I'm reading to make Rarity happy.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Still reading the thread but throwing in my answers to this as I'm reading to make Rarity happy.

2008 My bad. I reg'd for mafia I'm pretty sure.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Oh wait, the 90's was middle school. Dragon Ball would definately be the top spot.

God. I'm awful at these questions.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

Fixed now, thanks Tommu

Disappointing to say, I collapsed the dayvig waveform and have gone from both dayvig and non-dayvig at the same time to definitely not a dayvig

##vote sci

You are the kind of person to put something like this out there to be smug about later.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

My initial reaction to this was that I absolutely am that sort of person, but then I thought about it, and I don’t think I quite understand: what exactly am I going to be smug about?

Softclaiming a "night vig" as scum at the beginning of the game.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I was looking forward to the tunnel on amni

Me too!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I'm more focused on the second half, where you "definately don't have a dayvig" which is soft aiming a might vig.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

loving phone keyboard...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

I don't honestly believe bif is shooketh over day 1 interaction rarity.

I agree with Toalpaz. Bif does not feel like scum to me.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Good morning g—

Jesus there’s 160 posts in here already? Y’all been busy

This, however, feels scummy to me.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

The feeling is fine. Postingit is white noise that is setting up for excusing themselves from reading.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic, what do you think of SNG's entry to the thread?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

Can you say why you find that entrance to be scummy?

I...did already...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

Ah sorry Amni, I missed it. I think you're reaching here. If you'd said this hours later and sandy still hadn't contributed then you'd be onto something but since posting he's been engaging with the thread so I've got no issues

Naw, how people come into the game shows a LOT about where their mind is. SNG's entry to thread was functionally an excuse for not engaging, which is scummy in and of itself. Absolutely later activity is relevant to alignment, but the action itself stands alone.

I don't think it's enough to move my vote off of scientastic, but I do think it's relevant.

sandnavyguy posted:

Thanks rarity!

I think we are in the transition out of jokephase, and Amni is being townie Amni and applying pressure to all and sundry to test the waters, which is a good idea. Keep scumhunting Amni, but I’m town.

As for me, I’m more of a passive town D1, I’m on the lookout for performance art and lurkers to inform my vote opinion.

...this post is the right response to what I'm doing which bothers me. I rarely see people acknowledge my superior Day 1 skills....my eyes are on you SNG...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

It’s day 3. And that’s when I solve the game

You should do like me and solve the game Day 1.

Rarity and Scientastic are on a scum team together.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

This is an 18 player game, surely you should be theorising 8 scum?

4 scum teams of 2, clearly.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

That would be very chaotic

I see you too are a man of culture!

So, which god do you serve Sciientastic? Hrrrrmm?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

sandnavyguy posted:

Amni, was there actually a case on scientastic? Is it just the vig comment? I’m not seeing anything else.

Just the smug comment about potentially having a nightkill.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

Fixed now, thanks Tommu

Disappointing to say, I collapsed the dayvig waveform and have gone from both dayvig and non-dayvig at the same time to definitely not a dayvig

non-dayvig would be...a night vig...

I sincerely believe that this is intended as a sneaky scum claim to point out after victory.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

vigilante is still a town role, even at night.

Sure, but I dont see vigilante sci making a hidden claim like that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

Also, non-dayvig doesn't mean nightvig, it just means I didn't get a dayvig, this is dumb

*shrug* its day 1, and I think you are a clever person. I doubt I'll get anyone to vote you over this, and will inevitably end up moving my vote.

You might still get to be smug at the end of the game. ;)

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

that's like getting super picky.

True, but that's how you find scum day 1!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

In ythe hambeet v Bif debate, bif looks good, hambeet looks bad.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

lol

actually no, i'd like you to elaborate as to why amni.

Bif reads as geniune in their stance. You come across as someone that thinks you've found something and aren't actually interested in any of the responses given. I see this back and forth as scum hambeet seeing a wedge that can be driven and town bif trying to explain why that wedge is dumb and being ignored.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Scientastic posted:

In fact, I’ve just had a read of Amni’s posts, and it all looks conspicuously terrible

I eagerly await your analysis! You have waited long enough for it not to look like an OMGUS.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also, in case it's unclear, because I know people are gonna make comments about being unclear in opinions:

I think Sci is scum and I caught them in a deliberate scumslip, so I'm not moving my vote until it is clear they are not an option.
I think Hambeet is scum, would vote for them.

I think Rarity might be scum, but it's a weak read right now.

I think Bif is town.

That is my reads right now.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

No. I’m saying that in a game with 18 players, if I am scum, there’s like 5+ targets I would go after on day 1 rather than try to engage with the one poster who thrives on D1 analysis and will try to take apart everything I say (like what you’re doing with beet now). I don’t know what your past history with him is. I’m just telling you what I would or would not do in that hypothetical situation.

So..you *are* saying that scum wouldn't want to tangle with Bif day 1, because there are easier targets.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

On Sci, I think that vig thing would have been an incredibly dumb scum slip so I dunno. Seems somewhat unlikely.

Accidentally yes, but I think it's intentional so Sci can be a smug bug at the end of the game and I refuse to let them have that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

lol. i'm not interested in their responses?! yet have responded to nearly each and every one.

ironically, i don't think you are paying attention.

are you just trying to find someone to jump onto to polarise and hope it takes off? you picked the wrong horse bucko.

Maybe "not interested" isn't the right phrasing then. You don't care about any answer given as an explanation. You are engaging to make Bif look bad, not because you think bif is scum.

Basically, I read Bif as genuine and you as not genuine in the engagement.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

Please can you explain this again cause I didn't see it at the time and I still don't now

When I read the post I read it as "Before I read my role pm I could have had a dayvig or a non-dayvig (i.e. nightvig) and now I *definately* don't have a dayvig *wink wink*"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

no i'm engaging bif because her argument didn't make sense, her response to people picking at it doesn't make sense nor does it seem townie and the way she keeps trying to throw shade on my pushing her is super suss.

so what would you call that amni? in your own words.

Exccept her arguement does make sense. Which is why I don't think you're being genuine, I think you're being deliberately obtuse to push a narrative.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

It's pretty clearly playing off his previous post though?

So are you saying that Sci accidentally let on he has a nightvig or that he is purposefully breadcrumbing a nightvig?

I think Sci deliberately said "non-dayvig" instead of "no dayvig" not as a breadcrumb to be found but as something to point at after game and say "See look, I told you I was scum!"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

lol the sci scum slip is dumb. and what's your read on rarity. it's weak, but what is it?

stop saying these random things.

I think rarity is scum? That's the read? I'm not sure what you want beyond that. If you want reasoning, it's not very fleshed out. The content game bit, and how they're posting a lot, but mostly noise early in the day is probably what has me suspicious of them.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

tpink posted:

I mean it’s literally the equivalent of posting “I have a night kill.” I don’t disagree that that’s a possible way of reading his post. I just refuse to believe that any scum would be dumb enough to post that. Again, maybe there’s some weird meta read going on where you are convinced that he just couldn’t help leaving that crumb to gloat later, but without knowing that meta, it seems far-fetched.

I'll freely admit it's not a read I expect anyone else to buy into. I'm not expecting to convince people Sci is scum based on that. I am refusing to let Sci get away with what I see as a gloat post.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

So he set up the dayvig joke on purpose just so he could breadcrumb a scum claim to mock us all for later?

That is what I believe yes.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

The Schrodinger's dayvig post was at 7:23 am BST. Sci joined the discord 7:35 am BST. How does this fit your theory?

The other post is the one I think is the scum claim.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

hambeet posted:

okay sorry, you are 100% right. i didn't phrase that correctly. i've only phrased it that way when i just responded to you, then though, never to bif. to bif i've pointed out solely that i disagree with her 'jab'.

so can you try again to explain how i am engaging with her to make her look bad? spoilers: my argument would be that she's doing a fine job of that herself.

I dont know how many times you want me to say it but your posts don't feel genuine, bif's do.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Rarity posted:

You said he setup the joke on purpose so he could scum claim but he didn't know his role until after he setup the joke. How does this make any sense to you?

No, I think hw took advantage of a joke made to slip in the claim. Also, im unsure why you're pressing so hard here. I have already acknowledged that no one else is going to beleive my conspiracy theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

I uh... no. No. NO. It was very clearly him saying either is a dayvig or he isn't. A binary thing. And a science joke. You've latched on to something that isn't A Thing.

Maybe, but now I've seen it and I can't unsee it.