Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse
The lions and the lambs ain't sleeping yet

Whoah Beet came out of Mafia retirement? I better play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Scientastic posted:

I’m going to assume I have some sort of amazing power role

Would it count as fake day action if I didn’t know it was fake?

I am currently Schrödinger’s dayvig

Sweet, I'm gonna get on your case a lot to see if I can keep up my three-game streak

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hambeet posted:

interesting bif is in this game but gaspy votes me first.

I was too busy catching up at work, had yesterday off so today is my Monday

I know absolutely nothing about this flavour but my dude sounds like he really hates Mondays

and lasagna

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Scientastic posted:

Fixed now, thanks Tommu

Disappointing to say, I collapsed the dayvig waveform and have gone from both dayvig and non-dayvig at the same time to definitely not a dayvig

Awwwwww nvm

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Asphyxious posted:

Why would I vote Bif

Oh lol I totally misread that as "but Gaspy votes [for] me first"

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Rarity posted:

Please can all players help me adjust back into mafia by filling in the following survey

1) My name is Bif
2) I am a hobocop
3) I have been playing mafia since 2015, I think? Maybe a bit earlier?
4) My meta is actually kinda more chill lately
5) My favourite 90s kids cartoon is Sailor Moon
6) My role alignment in this game is towniest town

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Rarity posted:

I did it, I found the scum

##vote Bif

The gently caress you got against Sailor Moon, birch

##vote Rarity

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Rarity posted:

Magical girl anime is fine I guess but it's no patch on the 90s Warner Bros shows.

That's not what makes Bif scum though

Oh,seems like we had a misunderstanding here

Hal Incandenza posted:

sailor moon is scummy I agree

##vote Hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Lol welcome back to Mafia I guess

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

b-minus1 posted:

drat this is a scummy post

Holding back from the third vote are we, coward

##vote binus

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Rarity posted:

Also look at her reaction to me calling her out.

She instantly drops an OMGUS vote on me that reeks of instant panic. I feel an undertone here of 'gently caress off and leave me alone'. Only scum would be scared of such an early callout.

Actually you just don't seem aware of my meta, which makes sense, but the lack of awareness of tone is irritating

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Why did you feel the need to claim VT explicitly?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Scientastic posted:

Why did you feel the need to call Toalpaz out for this, but not me or DGK?

Cause I just saw it right now soon as I posted but that's a good question for you too

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Rarity posted:

Lol @ Bif instantly trying to put in work now she's under pressure but just revealing that she's not paying attention to the thread

Wow ok you really don't know my meta

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Scientastic posted:

It said role alignment and I love being VT

This is a good opinion.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Toalpaz posted:

I thought that the survey asked for role and alignment so I figured it would be prudent to provide both of them bif.

2 for 2, how bout you DGK?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I do always appreciate a well-executed jokephase murder, though. Feels odd to have only indirectly caused it for once.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t see anything wrong with doing that

I can sort of get the urge cause I also love me some VT, but it is a bit distressing that three different people all felt the need to come forward with that just cause of the survey asking em

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Rarity posted:

Please explain how this has anything to do with your meta.

Anyway, here is a proper answer since I know we've never played together. I historically often call myself 'towniest town', literally in those exact words. I take great pride in being an effortposter even on D1, sometimes especially on D1, while others insist nothing can be figured out yet. I then expect people to notice, once I get on a roll.

I also love to focus on people voting me to suss out who has bad motivations behind it, and just own it and don't give a poo poo whenever someone says it's OMGUS. I think responding head-on to attacks is a great way to scumhunt. But in this case my vote on you was not intended to be serious. I thought a retaliatory vote on you for perhaps slighting Sailor Moon instead of me would be amusing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SNG is a straight-up baller who D1 dayvidged me right in the face once, it was hilarious

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

sandnavyguy posted:

Thanks rarity!

I think we are in the transition out of jokephase, and Amni is being townie Amni and applying pressure to all and sundry to test the waters, which is a good idea. Keep scumhunting Amni, but I’m town.

As for me, I’m more of a passive town D1, I’m on the lookout for performance art and lurkers to inform my vote opinion.

"performance/performative" count: 1 and counting

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Amnistar posted:

non-dayvig would be...a night vig...

I sincerely believe that this is intended as a sneaky scum claim to point out after victory.

Morning all

Now if I was gonna pull this, the big smug reveal would be that I was a non-dayvig cause I was actually a dayvidge.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is hate speech

We don't need to get all into the pronunciation derail again,I just had to point out the only way this weird breadcrumb idea could've actually been good

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Rarity posted:

Bif, my one true friend who I would never dream of suspecting, what do you think of binus and Hal?

I do think I could be on to something with binus bothering to call me scummy but not wanting to drop a vote, possibly because it woulda been the third vote.

Hal though, I try and defer reading until I have more actions to judge instead of just words cause I nearly always see him as scummy. His vote on me felt like he was just parking it somewhere for jokephase, but is he ever gonna move on to something serious? I'd feel better about reading him in hindsight of how a full day has gone.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Epsilon Plus posted:

who the hell actually believes "third vote scum" nowadays, and more over, wouldn't that number really depend on the number of players in the game?

It's obviously not a hard and fast rule, making it sound like a law of mafia is a joke, but it does vaguely sum up a genuine principle.

Once you start actually piling a few votes on people, it passes from looking like just jokephase to causing actual consequences now, of making someone look like a serious lunch candidate.

The third vote or so is a pretty good place for scum to start coming in, if they want a mislunch to take off. Cast the first vote on someone and you might take all the blame for sticking your neck out and making a bad case. Cast the second vote and you might look too me-too. But once someone else has already done the me-too, it's not quite as scary anymore. It's now an approved idea that's passed some scrutiny and has more than one oddball townie on board.

No, I don't think binus probably sat there literally counting the votes, but he bothered to pick out that post of mine and call it pretty scummy, in a way that had no joke attached that I could see. So why not vote, if it was serious?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

still thinking we should vote bif for uttering the forbidden words

Someday I am finally going to get a dayvidge for once and then you'll all be sorry

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Anyway, E+ have you got any response to my thoughts on binus beyond "meh I just don't wanna babble about meta ideas"?

You tried to downplay my vote by saying it was just about "third vote scum", you really don't have any reaction at all to when I explained further?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

t a s t e posted:

Bif same plan as last time

Ok maaaaaaaaybe

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

different words

Morning all?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

t a s t e posted:

Oh I also just noticed your title text that’s a favorite song of mine

Oh man you have got to link me to the MR. STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND HIS BUTT SMELLS AND HE LIKES TO KISS HIS OWN BUTT song

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Epsilon Plus posted:

taste cam you play mafia instead of prattling about insignificant bullshit, god

This is kinda rich when I've been trying to make a couple serious posts in between here and you're still not replying!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

t a s t e posted:

Don’t care for the mountain goats actually

Lmfao

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Scientastic posted:

Gridlocked has done a few of these, and I think they’re weird and awkward

##Vote Gridlocked

I agree that Gridlocked has done nothing but post random junk, but I do recall the last Auspol game I played with him ended up with him being easily mislunched for it as town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Gridlocked posted:

not to interrupt my own gimick but i'm pretty sure I survived to the end didn't I?

Wait no I survived to like the final 8 or something

Hm maybe it was two Auspol games ago, could've sworn we stitched you up when I was scum that time,well whatever I definitely remember you getting a bunch of heat as town for this kinda thing

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hambeet posted:

okay so the only person making me suss is bif, because they're trying to play seriously. and it's bif. ##vote bif

Ohhhhhhhhh my it begins

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Cause apparently it's Vote For The Most Effort-towny People Day, why didn't anyone tell me

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hambeet posted:

yes binus is scum because he would be the third vote. very serious town play.

Here,read it this time

Bifauxnen posted:

It's obviously not a hard and fast rule, making it sound like a law of mafia is a joke, but it does vaguely sum up a genuine principle.

Once you start actually piling a few votes on people, it passes from looking like just jokephase to causing actual consequences now, of making someone look like a serious lunch candidate.

The third vote or so is a pretty good place for scum to start coming in, if they want a mislunch to take off. Cast the first vote on someone and you might take all the blame for sticking your neck out and making a bad case. Cast the second vote and you might look too me-too. But once someone else has already done the me-too, it's not quite as scary anymore. It's now an approved idea that's passed some scrutiny and has more than one oddball townie on board.

No, I don't think binus probably sat there literally counting the votes, but he bothered to pick out that post of mine and call it pretty scummy, in a way that had no joke attached that I could see. So why not vote, if it was serious?

It's not just about that. It's that binus bothered to point out an individual post of mine and call it really scummy, instead of settling for his usual "lol", "scum are shook", "lots of scum bussing on this page" vague floating undirected statements which are his trademark. Yet despite having such a strong scum vibe from that specific post of mine, he didn't vote me. Why was he to chicken to vote me? That's a classic scummy behavior regardless of which vote number it is. That was the start of my criticism. "Maybe cause he was avoiding the third vote" is an afterthought.

I'm also pretty suspicious of both you and E+ trying so hard to downplay such a small initial jab at binus.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hambeet posted:

so i was the third vote on you before birb withdrew.

does that make me not scummy for making it?

You're actively trying now to make this about something it's not.

##vote beetface

My concern with binus is that he held back from voting me for seemingly no reason,which could be a telltale behaviour of cautious scum. "Maybe it's cause he was avoiding the third vote" was a little flourish I added instead of just saying "maybe cause he's scum!" cause I noticed that would've been the third vote if he hadn't held back.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Also what even is this poo poo,a throwback to irony Jenga?

hambeet posted:

okay so the only person making me suss is bif, because they're trying to play seriously. and it's bif. ##vote bif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

hambeet posted:

also i decided to check back to see how hard e+ was downplaying your thing at binus:

one post.

and i'm the one making something it's not?

There's only one E+ post about it because he ignored me trying to engage him about it further, while we were both here and posting.