Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

make me mangulous calgar ultra lorde of the ultra marines or a slanesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rarity posted:

Please can all players help me adjust back into mafia by filling in the following survey

1) My name is toalpy
2) I am a pisces ascendant
3) I have been playing mafia since 30, 000
4) My meta is im bad
5) My favourite 90s kids cartoon is I was a baby and didnt watch 90's kids cartoon
6) My role alignment in this game is vanilla tow n

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

My pronouns are they and them friends.

I thought that the survey asked for role and alignment so I figured it would be prudent to provide both of them bif.

I don't honestly believe bif is shooketh over day 1 interaction rarity.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ironic lol because its probably my friend town binus

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Having said that I'm going to open myself up to criticism and also mention that he's totally worth voting out at this point too.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Amnistar posted:

non-dayvig would be...a night vig...

I sincerely believe that this is intended as a sneaky scum claim to point out after victory.

vigilante is still a town role, even at night.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scientastic posted:

Oh, well phew, since your sincere about it, I'm all turned around, I'd better scumclaim and out my buddies

##vote sci

folks.... we got em.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sand Navy Guy, scientastic just scum claimed and the only way to get hiim to reveal his team is to vote him

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This is a scumbirb action I feel. :pensive:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

forgot to do this

thank you for sharing.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bif would you read BIRB for me?

SCI what do you think of BIRB?

BIRB is not diamond dogs aligned.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scientastic agreeing with Amnistar, someone he cased heavily, with regards to a mafia newbie's SNG (7 games) post is wack.

Scientastic posted:

OK, Amnistar. His posting can be broadly divided into three parts that I think all have a scummy motivation... I started this based on a gut feeling, and as I looked into his posts in more detail, there is a trend that I see in here that backs that feeling up.

Using this incredibly reaching "smug scum call back" idea to tunnel on me and refuse to move his vote:

This has a scummy motivation because it's easy to stick to and claim that you just got caught up in your own brilliance: if I get executed, when I flip town, he's got plausible deniability to shrug his shoulders and move onto someone else. If I don't get executed, it gives him a chance to continue to shirk real scum hunting in favour of harping on this stupid "scumslip" or whatever he decides to call it. It's stupid, and ignores the fact that I have never done anything of this sort ever as scum.

Whiteknighting Bif:

I think both Bif and Beet are townie in there exchange. The point is that Amni is poking at this argument from the sidelines and driving a "pick a side" narrative. This is scummy because it's not real scumhunting, and it creates a false dichotomy. I would be 100% unsurprised if both bif and beet are town: when I am scum I love it when two townies start targeting each other, because it becomes easy to manipulate the town into executing at least one townie, and I think that's what Amni is doing here. And the really great thing about it is that again, there is plausible deniability to it, and Amni can easily say "who, me?" if two townies get executed.

Fake scumhunting SNG on bullshit:

This is not real scumhunting, Amni is just sort of bullshitting his way around SNG's entry post here. SNG's post was fine, and Amni is mega-reaching, but he can also excuse this mega-reaching (and does so) because it's D1. It has an outward appearance of scumhunting, but really all he's doing is throwing poo poo at the wall, while keeping his vote on me for obsessively dumb reasons.

Bonus fourth strand to the case!

Dumb post ascribing scum motivations to me for voting for him, trying in advance to discredit any point I might have

Come off it. This is just terrible. Pre-emptively calling me out for an OMGUS and simultaneously implying that I have deliberately timed my vote so as not to make it look like a reaction to his incredibly reaching theory that, as far as I can see, has gained no traction and isn't a real threat to me. I think this is actually slightly telling: Amni is projecting a motivation here, because he is aware of how long ago the vote was and how he would dislike having one vote on him. I don't care about his vote on me, it makes no difference to my play.

Scientastic posted:

Agreed

##Vote SNG

Reads like someone who isn't consistent and doesn't care. Maybe casing amni was a scum bus? Dunno.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scientastic posted:

Maybe there’s... MORE THAN ONE SCUM?!

You'd think that your essay would lead you to believe you are more sure of Amni being scum than SNG. Can you explain to me why you'd vote SNG over Amni, even if they're both scum? In what ways is SNG the best option today?

It doesn't seem to be consistent, because you don't explain it and just hop off your own case.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scientastic posted:

There’s a continuum of confidence with scumreads, it is colossally disingenuous to think that two players who are extremely suspicious of each other can’t agree that someone is more scummy

You wrote more words about amnistar being scum than SNG, it makes it feel like you think amnistar is more scum reading your case on him than sng. That is why I bring it up. That is the inconsistency when you vote SNG on a single post.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote Sci

"crazy" "disingenuous"

You suck and you're faking your reads.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

hey real talk sanguinius kinda looks like trump there

lol

Mr. Humalong posted:

Back to gamechat: I didn't like that initial SNG post but since then he's drifted closer to a town read for me, plus there's a couple people on the vote for him that have me going "mmmmmmm nah mate" that I don't want to have him be the vote for today.

##vote DGK I like DGK for scum of the 4 people with 2 votes. Day 1, no super strong reads, yada yada

Hum. I trust you and clearly town don't care about my wonderful Sci argument. ##vote DGK

To be clear, I am not calling sci out for thinking amni and sng are scum. I'm calling him out because his arguments don't track as someone who was very suspicious of amnistar and then suddenly voting with amnistar in the same day. It reeks of scum mind because scum forget what it is like to be suspicious of someone, with that kind of read he should have assumed amnistar was making an easy case on town. Instead he votes with amni, with very little explanation. Because he's scum and his read of amni was faked.

For further reading please see this helpful mafia wiki article.

I'm not voting sci because he said disingenuous rarity, I'm voting based on my case. I just hate it when people attack a poster's mindset because it's lovely and he did a lot of that as scum last game too.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

We have a slam dunk case on DGK and you want to vote Gridlock?

For day 1, picking someone who isn't a front runner, and then voting them on a gut feel near end of day is almost a sure fire way to catch scum. I don't thin momentum builds up gradually on scum over the course of a day, at least not usually.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

DGK2000 posted:

I literally have given a bunch of opinions and he wants to call them white noise after his faux breakdown about himself getting lunched.

He can't vote for me because his other scum mates already are and he wants to differentiate himself. Calling the whole team now as Gaspy, Gridlocked, SNG and Toalpaz.

MY WHOLE TEAM IS VOTING YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

Da scum self vote

we got em

Sandwolf posted:

I am legit suspicious of Bif here. What in the world is the case on DGK? It seems like it’s abrasiveness more than anything but that does not make scum. Bif why in the world are you voting DGK over SNG?

yeah it seems weird and also if she's susp of me why would she hop on the dgk train too lmao.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scientastic posted:

Terrible stupid bad votes making DGK vote leader, including DGK’s terrible stupid bad self vote

very performative.

also yeah happy people are picking up on my own birb fears.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

It may be residue for last game but I also trust you 0% especially since you’re here posting, having left a vote on DGK, rooted in nothing

I earnestly believe that cosmic irony tends to lead to scum getting votes over random chance and then rage quitting because they did nothing wrong.

I say its preformative because we all know someone has to die and it's d1, reads like someone positioning themselves to case people on the vote for when DGK flips town, not if. IE reads like scum performing.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I love how you just didn't react to me at all before like you were hoping no one would comment, but now you sure wanna shine the light on my single votewhen you see an opening to try and throw shade for it.

Yeah I mean, the game is about looking at how people vote and judging them bif.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m sold ##vote birb

##vote BIRB

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah and here you are clutching your pearls wondering how could I vote for a leading candidate at deadline instead of staying as the only vote on you, doesn't seem like the greatest judgement

Your vote was when they were nearly tied or something at 4-5/5, it isn't a vote on the leading candidate really and its 3 hours before deadline, not 10 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

honestly excusing yourself as if you had no choice is the weirdest thing. Sounds kind of detached.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Captain!

##vote bif

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

wow nice OMGUS

I only vote with facts and logic, reals over feels.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I smell heresy afoot.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote GDK

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote SNG

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote DGK o777

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

None of the people I really wanna lunch are up for lunching so, might as well interfere with the execution to see what happens.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oh no

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

A jailer who's public info is probably more useful to town than not fwiw. You folks should join me on DGK and we can decide if SNG's targets are good or bad on future days.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

\/0\/

I feel like I will ascend to the god emperor's dinner table (wait this is before he dies kinda so that isn't canon) so please examine sci and bif when I do.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

the forbidden method shows me four people are here, but they're all on the vote.

interesting number

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I have good and bad news!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rarity posted:

Ok binus post summary:

Calls Bif scummy for no reason
Defends Toalpaz's VT claim
Defends beet but mostly to go after Bif more
Town read on Sci
Attacks Gridlocked after he had already built a little momentum
Votes HAWKE (do we call him birb?) for voting DGK

Based on this I like Toalpaz and Sci for scum and I think Grid is probably town cause the attack on him seems like an attempt to push away from Sci. (Sci did still have votes at that point, right? I could be wrong about that in which case I'm less sure on Sci)

Anyway for now ##vote Toalpaz

Hate to meta game but we were just scum together last game and it's incredibly unlikely were both scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It basically is