Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yeah but like the chances of flipping heads twice in a row isn't 50% right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Im going to sit on it but it's a very very promising result.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

drat mobile phone, I meant I hailed Hum but he died anyway. That’s bad news.

Uh this is pretty bad news.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rarity posted:

SNG, why did you choose Hum to jail?

If he was scum would be pretty easy to just say he'd jailed somebody else, no?

Nah because jailing roleblocks the target so it's more loose ends and lies. IDK but if we have someone else targeting h um to prove SNG right it would be okay. I would hesitate to claim though because it probably isn't worth it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Look, I don’t like this either. We apparently have 2 killers, one of whom can bypass kill prevention. And since one of those dead is a scum (thankfully) it means it wasn’t the SK.

I mean it could be a vigilante or some sort of BP ability too? Why do you think there's an SK my friend.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I mean it could be a vigilante or some sort of BP ability too? Why do you think there's an SK my friend.

I mean BP PGO here too. :)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hmm yes tell me more about the scum hunting third parties you're speculating about taps note book very interesting mr sand navy guy.

It's like you want to be lunch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If there was a SK or Scum with strong person kills they would probably 100% do you first.

Maybe scum would try to take a pass at lunching you today instead of NKing you with strongman.

However, Scum didn't use their strongman to kill you, instead they targeted Humalong with their strong kill? (Mind you hum may have had other effects on him, such as a bus).

SK would have killed you for sure if they had a strong kill, instead it looks like they choose to kill b- or b- died by some other happenstance.

So the question remains, if they knew you were a strong power role why didn't scum pick you to die with a strongman kill? The likely answer is that you're scum, or that there's a scum bus that they can use to reliably circumvent your ability.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but that info is like, not super useful. Okay so maybe there’s a juggernaut kill, great? Maybe it was 1-shot, maybe it wasn’t, either way, it shouldn’t really alter the way anyone is playing.

So it feels like, you know there’s a juggernaut kill or it felt like the kind of lie to be recommended as either harmless info to reveal or just false.

I don’t know, this may be walking backwards from the conclusion that you’re scum, because anytime someone avoids a lunch like *you* did D1, I’m nearly positive they’re scum. Why wouldn’t you just have been lunched earlier if you were town? Sure scum like to try to appear to be doing the right thing, but if you were a town jailer I feel like they’d have been more interested in getting you killed.

Unless they had a juggernaut gently caress

This is unfair, SNG was going to claim their target anyways given that he was under major suspicion and we said we'd be playing based on his targets. I don't think this constitutes as a major plan or play.

Also juggernaut is a strongman + janitor, strongman is the through protection.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

That still doesn’t explain you putting your role of janitor as higher priority than literally any other town role.

Thinking

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Because it’s both a doctor and a role blocker, and also I felt that if I was smart enough to figure out he was a PR so would scum.so skipping 1 early possible investigation to both ensure his living and confirm myself protecting two power roles for n2? That’s what I wanted to do. Then I could jail/protect someone N2 and probably draw the NK

Eh I'm sorry but this reads like you making up backwards your rational to fit the conversation. You're good enough to guess the no out of 17 players d1? Unlikely.

This kind of thing is super scummy feeling.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nk out of 17 players. It's pretty convenient. That you tried to protect a power role and scum tried to kill the same player. You and scum thinking the same thing.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I do not have info that exonerates you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

That was not the same thing! There is no reason for me to be jumping through all of these hoops! I’m flattered everyone thinks I’m stupid enough to try gambitting something this nuts but I’m just being transparent. Just like on day 1, I can’t win for freaking losing.

Just take a break and offer some reads on other people. You really won't talk people out of 'you are suspicious!!' by simply defending yourself.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Fine I need lunch anyway. I’m sorry it’s just frustrating

We've all been there, have a good one!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

thank you aussies for posting, we will forever mourn australian humalong, im sorry for your loss.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This whole bit where instead of casing things I say, bif posts weird call outs hoping I respond and then saying my responses are proof of me being scum is weird.

It's just a very very strange meta case and can read as very lazy scum participation because she anticipates if I do respond she can win an argument against me.

Bifauxnen posted:

Why did you feel the need to claim VT explicitly?

Bifauxnen posted:

(usually a town Toal will be tripping my scumdar like crazy cause they're getting into the thick of it more)

Bifauxnen posted:

When Toal is posting a bunch and sounding super scummy as always, they often turn out to be town.

When they're lying low and not posting enough to actively ping my scumdar, that's when you really gotta watch out.

Bifauxnen posted:

And you don't need to know or believe any of what I said about Toal to notice they still aren't showing up yet.

Bifauxnen posted:

Uggggh Toal just not even reacting at all to me trying to push em does not feel good, but I guess when it's getting close to deadline they don't need to care. Keep a close eye on Toal if I continue my streak of ending up dead tomorrow.

Bifauxnen posted:

Ah here we go!

You really don't know why I would hop off someone that literally only I am voting for, when it's a few hours to deadline?

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok this is what I was really hoping woulda happened earlier back when I first voted Toal

##vote Toalpaz

Bifauxnen posted:

Ooh yum artisan scum jam

Morning all

##vote Toalpaz

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugh can Toal just drop whatever they wanted to go on about so I can decide if it's bullshit and if it's more bullshit than this bullshit

IDK, if this is seriously your town play bif, please remove this. All it is is tunnelling on someone without any real evidence based on a gut read.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That being said, at this point in the conversation even if we miss scum we really need to remove sand navy guy.

I can't see myself being able to proceed in the game without knowing if SNG is scum or not, just because of the pages and pages of speculation. Personally, a lot of the rationalization and circumstances around SNG's n1 play point to him being scum, so I will vote him.

We also know now that he'll never prove himself by saving town at night, the only night action thing that would help him. I just can't trust him or that scum will use him in lylo to make us lose the game.

##vote sng

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Idk you could be scum though, which is part of my vote. When I say I dont trust you it means I can't trust you to be a town power role. You could have just done the nk on hum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

My pronouns are they and them, and believe it or not it's a case pushing SNG because he's probably scum.

I don't know why anyone would need to excuse themselves for voting the runner up of a close lunch. Also I used a lot of words to point to the scumminess of SNG too. That's a case not an excuse.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

6 hours to go, I think SNG is the best option. Would vote Bif or Rarity too.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean you admit to being at the kill, and also your jail having no effect.

When pressed about the reason why you said it was obvious that Hum was a power role, and scum must have known it was obvious too.

I think that was a lie because it isn't obvious hum was a power role, and your whole mythologizing about hum saving you reads like a fake rationalization workshopped at night with your scum team.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Toal. If I was Scum. I would not say I visited Hum. There is no benefit to that, over the other VTs I coulda just claimed.

if Hum wasnt an obvious PR, which I think he was, that doesnt mean I'm scum.

And this is too stupid a bunch of hoops Id have to jump through, with no dang support, at all, for me to have a whole scumteam cheering me on. Its ludicrous, and I'd have called a scumbro out for this immediately for jeopardizing the entire game by becoming a polarizing fixture on Day freakin 2.

Being completely open and transparent, after YOU said how I'd have to justify all of my actions yesterday, is not scummy.

From the perspective of scum team member who already claimed jailer, you would have to announce your targets anyways to town. Doing the NK gives you plausible deniability, and is a decent play. It also obscures the game by creating fake possible scum team powers.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

From the perspective of scum team member who already claimed jailer, you would have to announce your targets anyways to town. Doing the NK gives you plausible deniability, and is a decent play. It also obscures the game by creating fake possible scum team powers.

Also you would have no support because of all of the attention on you day one and two. You would taint anyone directly interacting with you in obvious ways. That's why the fact that people aren't picking up your case again, despite all of the attention d1 and d2 is wack to me.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

you hate to see it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

loving lol. I guess. Please kill sng I pwamish he's scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

Quick solution, don’t vote me!

You are scum and if you had any honour you'd vote yourself out so you wouldn't suffer another day of this.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I just figure I should mention this, and it isn't an omgus just an observation, TASTE's play and participation has been abysmal.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

'm not swapping to gaspy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

we aren't doing gaspy god

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

people can get mad about it later imo, im not loving swapping to someone who has been called scum by like 3-4 people in the thread out of 16

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

in the words of podima and max, editing peoples aliases in votefinder is fair game apparently. hammer

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

im epic

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Probably Bif for me today, that EOD play from her reeks of scum who have finally seen the writing on the wall. Furthermore, she spending all day mostly avoiding even talking about SNG is scummy as poo poo.

I'm reading back to see what Bif thinks of you and it starts off fairly friendly but then she's worried that you're trying to make moves wrt the SNG flip.

She doesn't actually call you scummy though right? I'm her big scum read up until last night afaik. Does this sound right?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

oh no, rowboat gillman :( :( :(

:( speeze mariens...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Bif

respond to my post :cry:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I kinda wanna kill rarity today

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think that Bif was on sng a bunch so I'm just going to continue to ignore her for a while. I think that Gaspy is town enough to ignore too, I think a lot of Gaspy's earlier play was just geared towards putting heat on a player who deserved it, SNG.

I think the 'case' against you Gaspy made was insanely bad but I don't see the need to get into the reasons why because I don't want to relitigate it. I also ~feel~ like scum wouldn't push onto gaspy from sng end of day..... or maybe it's a trick? that's wifom i guess.

I think birb is white noise and generally bad, but I am tempered by the fact that SNG a top poster was scum and taste a bottom poster was town. I don't understand a lot of their calls, and despite making calls I don't think they make convincing arguments for any of their cases which is scummy. I can vote birb today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

that being said, I wonder where bif is :thinking: